ADVERTISEMENT

NC Paul Jubb has been given a "wild card " into Wimbledon.

Do you think he will go Pro now? Can he go Pro now ?..lol
I don't really follow the college game too much but he's definitely eligible to turn pro. I don't think he will though, the professional tour is a different beast, it's expensive and very hard to succeed and many successful college players kinda disappear at the pro level. Those who do succeed seems to be far and few between. Off the top of my head I can only think of Steve Johnson, Kevin Anderson and of course John Isner. I know Danielle Collins has been making waves in the WTA lately too. But it just doesn't seem worth the risk especially since tennis players are in their peak around their mid to late 20's to early 30's now.

I don't really follow the college game too much but he's definitely eligible to turn pro. I don't think he will though, the professional tour is a different beast, it's expensive and very hard to succeed and many successful college players kinda disappear at the pro level. Those who do succeed seems to be far and few between. Off the top of my head I can only think of Steve Johnson, Kevin Anderson and of course John Isner. I know Danielle Collins has been making waves in the WTA lately too. But it just doesn't seem worth the risk especially since tennis players are in their peak around their mid to late 20's to early 30's now.
Yeah, you have to have some money behind you to go pro. The "futures" tourneys dont pay much. And the "challenger" tourneys dont pay much better.

Many times if the player turns pro they would lose their bid to play in the tournament. This is why so many golfers do this. For examples, the winner of the US Amateur gets an invite to the Masters. They would wait until after that week to turn pro, because if they turn pro they don’t get the amateur invitation.

No idea if it is similar in tennis at Wimbledon.

The only way he turns pro is he blisters the W tournament. Not going to happen. Way too much competition to break into suddenly, as a rule. Takes time and mucho expensive coaching.

Wish him the best; glad he is a gamecock!

He's actually doing well so far. In the past week he has beaten a few players in the top 150 , including well known players to Tennis fans like Istomin and Rublev.

Reactions: jeff2001
Well he lost in the first round but he did manage to win a set off a Top 70 player at Wimbledon.
Jubb lost to Sousa with a score of
0-6 3-6 7(10)-6(8) 1-6

I'm sure it was a good experience for him and I liked that he was able to still create a competitive match despite getting bageled in the opening set.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT