ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA MENS GOLF MOVES ON TO NATIONALS

That means one of the kids (Proveaux) gives up his spot in the US Amatuer 4-ball championship in Oregon.
My brother and his partner were first alternates but have to turn it down also.
Happy for my Gamecocks!

I know that a bunch of folks on here don't care about Gamecock sports beyond football, men's basketball, and maybe baseball, but this was actually a great story. Here's the recap from the Golf Channel (https://www.golfchannel.com/news/ncaa-mens-regionals-final-round-recaps), which called us the "Story of the Day" for the Pullman regional after coming into the final round 4 shots back from the cutline.

"
In the only playoff of this regional season, the third-seeded Gamecocks needed extra holes against No. 7 Colorado State to determine their NCAA fate.

In the five-count-five playoff on Palouse Ridge’s par-5 18th hole, South Carolina got the job done. Ryan Stachler’s birdie proved to be the difference as his teammates added four pars.

The Rams, who were looking for their first NCAA Championship berth under coach Christian Newton, shot even par in the playoff.

Stachler made up for his closing 5-over 75 that didn’t count toward South Carolina’s 13-under team score. Scott Stevens and Ryan Hall each shot 65 while Will Miles added a 66. The Gamecocks’ counters combined for just five bogeys Wednesday.

Colorado State closed in 9 under and threw out a 70. But the Rams couldn’t keep the pace of a blazing start that featured 16 first-nine birdies."

I will pull for my Gamecocks in Beach Volleyball, checkers, monopoly, debate team, etc....
Even this...
giphy.gif

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
So proud of the Gamecocks Men's Golf Team.
I hope one day to be accompanying Little Man on a trip such as this.
#golfmomlife

(That other school advanced as well. Says a great deal about the quality of golf being played in our little State.)

We have the courses ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT