ADVERTISEMENT

ND hiring Freeman

Honestly, I think ND realizes that he might not be completely ready to take over the reins. But the players love him. I don't see anyone transferring out, and their top 5 recruiting class will stay intact. They have too good of a team and recruiting class to risk losing players to the transfer portal or decommitments. The entire staff is staying together. Freeman is being handed a program in a very good place. ND will stay a perennial top 10 team.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
We've seen them in the playoffs and NC. They don't have what it takes. Plus, they will eventually have to join a conference if they want into the future playoffs. If the other conference champs are undefeated or a 1 loss team, they going to have more quality wins than ND. Personally, I don't understand why teams from major conferences would schedule ND. It's a trap game that only really helps ND. Imagine if UGA or Bama had that once in a blue moon bad game and lost but then win the conference champs?
agree

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
Are you saying Oklahoma was better than ND the years ND got in? If so, strongly disagree. I get it your bias against ND but they are putting out as many or more pros than anyone in college football. They are talented and better than 95% of college football. They aren’t giving up 70 points in the playoffs like some teams 🙄
I'm not biased against ND. I grew up a Gamecock fan....but had a lure to ND as a young man watching with local products going up there and making "good" and their brand of football....and they were on TV every week which didn't hurt being familiar with them. Tony Rice, Jeff Burris, and a couple others from around NC as well. Had a connection to Holtz and liked his teams.
Their recruiting base being national, their media bias and committee favor they get no matter where they go and ref calls and "situations" are undeniable. They have a lot of stuff in their favor. But, they are never a top 5 team...not in the last 30 years. Last legit top 5 groups they've had (player talent, coaching and actual team/program) was when Holtz was still there with Mirer and that crew in 92.

But...if you want to know who the top 3-4 EVERY year are in collegiate football....especially the last 25 years or so...those 3-4 top national teams reside in the SEC. If ND, OSU, Penn State, Texas, etc, etc played a regular South Carolina schedule annually......history would be real different for those programs the last 25 years.

No, I was saying that Oklahoma got in over other teams who were better than OK was. And they have yet to really be consistently competitive in playoff games but they keep getting in and I was saying it was pretty much the same for ND. People still like to think Notre Dame is good because they have tradition and a lot of money, but that doesn't make them one of the best teams in the country
I don't know if anyone else that would have gotten in those years would have been any better than OU or ND. A&M last year played Bama early before they were rolling and they were mostly dominated in that game, even if the score didn't reflect it. I don't think in 2018 any team would have played Bama or Clemson closer than ND or OU. I don't think Ok State is a better team than ND right now, but Ok State deserves to get in above ND if they win tomorrow.

I do think with Freeman at HC, ND will go to the next level.

Honestly, I think ND realizes that he might not be completely ready to take over the reins. But the players love him. I don't see anyone transferring out, and their top 5 recruiting class will stay intact. They have too good of a team and recruiting class to risk losing players to the transfer portal or decommitments. The entire staff is staying together. Freeman is being handed a program in a very good place. ND will stay a perennial top 10 team.
I think the fear of passing on the next big HC vs him not being able to be successful at ND was too great to pass on him. Also, from reports, the fact he was keeping the majority of the staff made it an easier job and would allow him to grow into the HC job.

I don't know if anyone else that would have gotten in those years would have been any better than OU or ND. A&M last year played Bama early before they were rolling and they were mostly dominated in that game, even if the score didn't reflect it. I don't think in 2018 any team would have played Bama or Clemson closer than ND or OU. I don't think Ok State is a better team than ND right now, but Ok State deserves to get in above ND if they win tomorrow.

I do think with Freeman at HC, ND will go to the next level.
It think euphoria will only take them so far. If he doesn't have the overall coaching chops, it will be another debacle in the Willingham/Davies tradition. You can't reach the top and stay there using mirrors.

This not happening was our best shot at getting Sneed. We probably could've grabbed him if the last staff made it so hard for Beamer to get the guy to give us a look.

It think euphoria will only take them so far. If he doesn't have the overall coaching chops, it will be another debacle in the Willingham/Davies tradition. You can't reach the top and stay there using mirrors.
Dabo would disagree 😂😂😂

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT