ADVERTISEMENT

Needed Information About EJ Jenkins???

macaroni#

Apr 6, 2003
Irmo/Dillon SC
Set me straight on why EJ Jenkins isn't getting equal opportunity to showcase his talent. I really think he could be one heck of an asset if given the reps. Did he do something wrong in the eyes of the Coaching Staff not to prove his worth? Whether they give him the chance or not he will go to the NFL and will probably start and excel at the higher level. (My Opinion)

Set me straight on why EJ Jenkins isn't getting equal opportunity to showcase his talent. I really think he could be one heck of an asset if given the reps. Did he do something wrong in the eyes of the Coaching Staff not to prove his worth? Whether they give him the chance or not he will go to the NFL and will probably start and excel at the higher level. (My Opinion)
If he isn’t a nailed down starter here, his chances of performing in the NFL are slim to zero.

Reactions: coolcock2001
My grandma used to tell me this trick about trying a string around your finger as a reminder. Maybe you can suggest that to coach.

I guess the problem for us is that both of our other TE's are pretty dang good. Who's he gonna take snaps away from? Bell? Muse?

I agree he needs more snaps and targets. You can't teach 6' 7", it's a nightmare for coverage guys. Hopefully we find more creative ways to get him involved. Dude has performed every time he's been targeted.

I guess the problem for us is that both of our other TE's are pretty dang good. Who's he gonna take snaps away from? Bell? Muse?

I agree he needs more snaps and targets. You can't teach 6' 7", it's a nightmare for coverage guys. Hopefully we find more creative ways to get him involved. Dude has performed every time he's been targeted.
He should be playing wr. He is stuck behind J.V.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
They are playing him more than they were. Satterfield said he had made a lot of progress and that's why he is now getting reps. He said the Jenkins came in the office and asked what he had to do to get more playing time. They told him and he has done it. So he is playing more.

Reactions: mavcock
You heard it here first folks, user Macaroni from the internet can outthink Carolina's coaching staff

You heard it here first folks, user Macaroni from the internet can outthink Carolina's coaching staff
Sounds like he can to me. All Jenkins does on the FEW occasions where they throw him the ball is catch it! That's more than can be said for some of the receivers playing ahead of him! Right up there with Z White having monster games and then being benched for weeks. I've lost any faith in this O staff for getting playmakers on the field.

Yes. He should take minutes from Muse. That's clear as day.

Sounds like he can to me. All Jenkins does on the FEW occasions where they throw him the ball is catch it! That's more than can be said for some of the receivers playing ahead of him! Right up there with Z White having monster games and then being benched for weeks. I've lost any faith in this O staff for getting playmakers on the field.
Exactly. This staff is no different than what we paid 15 million to get rid of. The joke was on the fans.

I sure wish some of you guys could sit in on the coaches meetings. You would probably find out that everything you're saying and thinking of has already been said and thought of. Then you would learn the reasons why certain things take time. And then you could tell me because I really don't know either, but I know what I DON'T know.

I sure wish some of you guys could sit in on the coaches meetings. You would probably find out that everything you're saying and thinking of has already been said and thought of. Then you would learn the reasons why certain things take time. And then you could tell me because I really don't know either, but I know what I DON'T know.
Maybe what you don’t know is that the OC is clueless.

But there's 7wks worth of evidence that says he is, and little evidence that says he isn't.
You may be absolutely right. Statistics are with you since only a small percentage of college coaches are truly successful over the long term.

The thing is you are discounting innumerable other variables that have sway on the situation. You're placing all results on this one thing.

Thank God people like you don't make decisions for our university. If you really cared You would allow the people that DO Make those kinds of decisions to do their jobs while you keep your judgment quiet while the situation plays out.

Either way it's not going to happen on your time table.

• Haha
Reactions: 92Pony
You may be absolutely right. Statistics are with you since only a small percentage of college coaches are truly successful over the long term.

The thing is you are discounting innumerable other variables that have sway on the situation. You're placing all results on this one thing.

Thank God people like you don't make decisions for our university. If you really cared You would allow the people that DO Make those kinds of decisions to do their jobs while you keep your judgment quiet while the situation plays out.

Those people have lost every ounce of credibility.

Just curious but what are acceptable topics for you? Explanations on why Jenkins and White shouldn’t be playing? Discussions about how fumbles enhance the game and prove the mettle of the offense by overcoming adversity?

• Haha
Reactions: myrtlecock
Just curious but what are acceptable topics for you? Explanations on why Jenkins and White shouldn’t be playing? Discussions about how fumbles enhance the game and prove the mettle of the offense by overcoming adversity?
Oh almost nothing is taboo, stopping just short of saying our coaches are "clueless" and that the decision makers at our university have lost "every ounce of credibility". I find that sort of hyperbole tiresome and overwrought. Otherwise have at it! Maybe Jenkins had an attitude, possibly he smokes some dope? Maybe he was not in game shape and came up to the sidelines completely out of breath. There are tons of possibilities that stop way short of trashing our entire program or the people that have worked themselves into the position of trying to make it great.

Is that good for starters?

Oh almost nothing is taboo, stopping just short of saying our coaches are "clueless" and that the decision makers at our university have lost "every ounce of credibility". I find that sort of hyperbole tiresome and overwrought. Otherwise have at it! Maybe Jenkins had an attitude, possibly he smokes some dope? Maybe he was not in game shape and came up to the sidelines completely out of breath. There are tons of possibilities that stop way short of trashing our entire program or the people that have worked themselves into the position of trying to make it great.

Is that good for starters?
Decision makers thought it was a good idea to force Bobo on any new coach and only found one person that was on board with that. To me that’s a big problem and I can understand why people would feel like they lost credibility.

Our OC had responsibilities taken away from him by his mentor at a previous stop, flopp e as a head coach and then only landed a job as a minimal part of his mentor’s new gig. He’s another attempt like Roper to get someone who was close to the guy and history has shown it won’t work. Also I don’t know how anyone could listen to a coach say that they can’t actually coach the positions he’s assigned to and think he isn’t clueless.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
Decision makers thought it was a good idea to force Bobo on any new coach and only found one person that was on board with that. To me that’s a big problem and I can understand why people would feel like they lost credibility.

Our OC had responsibilities taken away from him by his mentor at a previous stop, flopp e as a head coach and then only landed a job as a minimal part of his mentor’s new gig. He’s another attempt like Roper to get someone who was close to the guy and history has shown it won’t work. Also I don’t know how anyone could listen to a coach say that they can’t actually coach the positions he’s assigned to and think he isn’t clueless.
All of what you say maybe true. Your opinions might be born out in the future. But right now, RIGHT NOW, these are our coaches and they will be for at least another year or two.

What purpose does repeating these things ad nauseam serve?

You are not in a position to fire them or change their trajectory at our university even one little bit are you? I'm certain you aren't because if you were you definitely wouldn't be saying these things.

I understand you're unhappy. I'm not happy their program right now either. But I wanted to succeed. I'm not so sure you understand that you're not helping that matter.

So we had two possibilities at offensive coordinator and you hate both of them. Potentially we had others than either didn't want to come or we didn't want them.

I would love to have some bright, upcoming, amazing, innovative, offensive mind that would bring in a new era of football and stun defensive coordinators nationwide.

When you figure out who that is and see them lined up at Ray Tanner's office let me know.

That's easy, the coaching sucks on offense.

All of what you say maybe true. Your opinions might be born out in the future. But right now, RIGHT NOW, these are our coaches and they will be for at least another year or two.

What purpose does repeating these things ad nauseam serve?

You are not in a position to fire them or change their trajectory at our university even one little bit are you? I'm certain you aren't because if you were you definitely wouldn't be saying these things.

I understand you're unhappy. I'm not happy their program right now either. But I wanted to succeed. I'm not so sure you understand that you're not helping that matter.
I’m not sure what you think is accomplished by blowing smoke is someone’s rear end on a message board. It’s a place for discussion good or bad. It’s obvious this staff seems to be concerned about what fans are saying online but maybe they should focus more on putting a good product on the field. Nothing will stop negative posts like positive results.

I’m not sure what you think is accomplished by blowing smoke is someone’s rear end on a message board. It’s a place for discussion good or bad. It’s obvious this staff seems to be concerned about what fans are saying online but maybe they should focus more on putting a good product on the field. Nothing will stop negative posts like positive results.
Ah, So you think you're motivating the coaches with all this?

Lol.

I don't see myself as blowing smoke I just would appreciate slightly less negativity. Especially when it's directed at someone personally. That's all.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT