ADVERTISEMENT

New name for Sir Big Spur?

ShannonL

Mar 13, 2004
Looks like Sir Big Spur is going to get a new name. There are some great discussions going on about this. Personally, if they switch to Cock Commander, I'm buying every bit of merchandise I can find and giving it to my gay friends!

• Haha
Reactions: agantt
Cock of the block.

R.6493d7a949af62c7fd042b3299ed2c97

Last edited:
How stupid the original family won’t just let them stick to the original name?

Looks like Sir Big Spur is going to get a new name. There are some great discussions going on about this. Personally, if they switch to Cock Commander, I'm buying every bit of merchandise I can find and giving it to my gay friends!

how about Rock The Cock and play The Rock’s WWE music or Rocky theme music

Reactions: Cocky One
We've got an AD any other school would have fired years ago. Except for women's basketball mediocre sports. Inept, corrupt, and political BOT and yet we're worried about our mascots name?

How stupid the original family won’t just let them stick to the original name?
They have every right to do so. I have no problem with them sticking to their guns on what a real gamecock is. I agree with them, cut the crown. We have degraded it to a rooster not a fighting gamecock. Just my personal opinion.

We talking about a chicken ? No one else eats their mascot like we do before USC games. Call it Crispy. 😂 call it Colonel - or Colonel Spur. Or even better. Do what Kentucky Fried Chicken did when they changed names. KFC. Call it SBS

ok. How about SPURrier

let me know how it ends.

We could have nailed this and made it so much cooler. Instead…the general? General Tsos chicken? Col Sanders? . Leave it so a sunshine pumper who owns the rooster

We could have nailed this and made it so much cooler. Instead…the general? General Tsos chicken? Col Sanders? . Leave it so a sunshine pumper who owns the rooster

I tend to agree - it's a pretty generic name and they could have done better. But I guess at the end of the day mascot names don't really matter. Take UGA's costumed mascot, he is named Hairy Dawg and they still love him. But really, Hairy Dawg?

They have every right to do so. I have no problem with them sticking to their guns on what a real gamecock is. I agree with them, cut the crown. We have degraded it to a rooster not a fighting gamecock. Just my personal opinion.

No offense intended but 'tell it to the judge'. Leaving the crown intact will improve our argument to PETA and others that we are glorifying the memory of our Revolutionary War hero, General Thomas Sumter 'The Gamecock'.

We've got an AD any other school would have fired years ago. Except for women's basketball mediocre sports. Inept, corrupt, and political BOT and yet we're worried about our mascots name?

Precisely why we should also focus on the minor details. We have to when our a/d is seemingly making bad calls at just about every turn when it comes to our major sports. We need ALL the help we can get.
I’m optimistic about Beamer, recruiting is looking alright finally. Ray may have gotten lucky with this hire. Hell, if we can get to 11 to 12 win seasons and win an SEC championship I feel more on about Ray staying on and just kind of riding Beamers coattail like he does Coach Staleys. If it were up to be he would have been sent packing the same time Muschamp was. But the guy is obviously not going anywhere anytime soon and it’s what we are stuck with.

Not to sway to far off topic so back to our live mascot. I honestly don’t care personally. But a potential 5* recruit might care and think it’s cool. A Captian Cock t shirt or a Rock the Cock T shirt with a rooster is going to sale. A t shirt with the name General on it and the picture of a rooster isn’t.

Last edited:
This makes me want to just take the job of owning a live mascot over. I can buy my own rooster as a pet. Name it Cock Commander, make him a YouTube channel and come out with my own website with merch.
Cock Commander T shirts. (Of course not affiliated with the UofSC for legal reasons). But everything will be Garnet/Black in color and such.

If the criteria for the new name for rooster is based off of history, then I would Like the name of rooster to be named Carlen (Coach Jim Carlen) or Hugo (the 1989 hurricane).

R.eaa58ae94cfa0071542551bb3f7d9bb6

R.ff39e4a4784696b5b3fec29b4e702628

Reminds me of a “ Talking Heads “ song

same as it ever was same as it ever was

There is water at the bottom of the ocean

Letting the days go by

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT