ADVERTISEMENT

New topic: Biggest or most hurtful miss of the 21st century

Judson1

Jul 31, 2008
for the Gamecock football program? Of course we had to be in on them at least somewhat serious. I’m drawing a blank on the offensive side. AJ Green was a dog all the way.
Dunlap? Quinn? Bullard?

Who was the biggest loss?

Reactions: Tiger71
I know it’s early but I’m gonna go with XT . Would have given Muschamp immediate credibility and we are dying for pass rushers . Close second for me would be Mike Williams . He would have been the perfect guy to follow Alshon and could have been the difference in many of those close games . Mike Williams and Pharoh together in 2014 could have been huge . We lost so many close games that one or two big jump balls could have swung our season .

I know it’s early but I’m gonna go with XT . Would have given Muschamp immediate credibility and we are dying for pass rushers . Close second for me would be Mike Williams . He would have been the perfect guy to follow Alshon and could have been the difference in many of those close games . Mike Williams and Pharoh together in 2014 could have been huge . We lost so many close games that one or two big jump balls could have swung our season .
Rudolph QB Ok St? and Little that went to Kentucky. I don’t think we recruited either.

Reactions: Judson1
Woodrow Dantzler wanted to be a Gamecock. Love what Phil Petty accomplished at SC and wouldn’t trade that at all...but would’ve been fun to watch Woody play in Lou’s offense.

Agree with above poster that Arden Key hurt as well. He was a stud at LSU and he was ours the whole way.

Were we ever considered by Peter Boulware out Spring Valley? Great LB at FSU. If SC or Clemson could’ve kept the in-state talent around in the 90’s they could’ve had some dominant teams. Same with basketball (Ray Allen, Kevin Garnett, Jermaine O’neil, etc)

Reactions: Judson1
Muschamp as spurrier defensive coordinator when it was reported he was coming here but went to auburn

Reactions: rogue cock
Dunlap. Followed closely by Gary Gray

Didn’t gray stay buried on the ND depth chart until his senior year? I know he was an early commitment for us and stood to be the cornerstone of our class. But I seem to remember thinking his miss didn’t hurt too bad until later in his career?
Further back Joe Hamilton comes to mind. Although I’m not sure if he actually wanted to come here or not?

Jeff Burris helped defeat my HS in the state championship in the late 80's. I'll never forget him or Dee Feaster. Anyone that played in the Sweet 16 will remember those boys. Chris Hope and Derek Ross are a few more.

Some names jump right out and jog the memory. One name that is unrelated to this article is Ricardo Hurley. I called in sick to work that day to see if he was committing to USC.
Tracy McGriff from Lancaster. Only a few know will know Tracy and Marc Anthony.
Sydney Rice is probably my all time favorite.
Oh gosh - Marty Simpson

Good trip down memory lane.

Don’t know about this list;

Ricky Hagood - what about Ken?
William Perry - what about Michael Dean?

I assume if they were brothers then they were also from South Carolina.

Rudolph QB Ok St? and Little that went to Kentucky. I don’t think we recruited either.

Hard to believe Rudolph didn’t get offered . Heck of a QB . I wonder how much of it has to do with Gundy’s system . Seems every OSU QB churns out incredible numbers and then busts in the NFL . Great player either way

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT