ADVERTISEMENT

Next season is setting up to be an EPIC failure...

With players transferring out, no recruiting class to speak of, and a coach who'd prefer to stay at OU during this critical time.
2 wins seems optimistic.
What a load of BS. This is a critical time? No team on campus, no recruiting visits allowed and not coaching a meaningless bowl game if we get invited to one... What is so critical about right now? Nothing. At all. This is just another excuse to trash a coach who hasn’t even started yet. Get a life.

What a load of BS. This is a critical time? No team on campus, no recruiting visits allowed and not coaching a meaningless bowl game if we get invited to one... What is so critical about right now? Nothing. At all. This is just another excuse to trash a coach who hasn’t even started yet. Get a life.

Yep. No in-person recruiting. No team activities to be a part of. Lame duck coaching staff.

No.

1999 was "epic" failure.

And Lou didn't have "no contact" recruiting rules that year.

Beamer is working on assembling staff and keeping the current recruiting class together as much as possible, I'd also imagine he's let current coaches know if they definitely won't be retained and let them stay on current staff through Christmas, etc while they look for another gig. Just guessing. I'm sure he is reviewing the roster, film, etc. to see the most important positions that will need to be filled though the transfer portal in January. That is going to be the critical time, IMHO.

Beamer is working on assembling staff and keeping the current recruiting class together as much as possible, I'd also imagine he's let current coaches know if they definitely won't be retained and let them stay on current staff through Christmas, etc while they look for another gig. Just guessing. I'm sure he is reviewing the roster, film, etc. to see the most important positions that will need to be filled though the transfer portal in January. That is going to be the critical time, IMHO.
Yep- recruiting class was trashed this year because of the coaching change. That was a foregone conclusion... We have to treat the transfer portal like a third signing day this year assuming they make the expected changes and allow people one transfer without having to sit.

Reactions: garnet_reign
Yep- recruiting class was trashed this year because of the coaching change. That was a foregone conclusion... We have to treat the transfer portal like a third signing day this year assuming they make the expected changes and allow people one transfer without having to sit.
In order to be trashed the class would have had to have been something to be excited about before Muschamp was canned.

Reactions: Brace1
I wasn’t bothered about Beamer finishing out at Oklahoma until I read that Butch Jones who was just hired from Alabama to Arkansas State has already been making staff hires for the new team...... Like RIGHT AFTER it was announced they hired him as h/c. So maybe Beamer should be hitting the ground running a little more here?!?!

Im optimistic about Beamer. I’m just nervous with anyone who is a Ray Tanner hire selection.

Last edited:
I wasn’t bothered about Beamer finishing out at Oklahoma until I read that Butch Jones who was just hired from Alabama to Arkansas State has already been making staff hires for the new team. It seems like maybe Beamer could be hitting the ground running a little more here?!?!

As Beamer indicated earlier this week, he is in the process of doing it. For all we know, he's got verbal agreements with guys who are still in the process of finishing out their seasons.

Jones hired a quality control coach from Mississippi State, so it's not like he's pulling away key assistants from other programs.

If Beamer's first hire was a quality control coach from some other school, our fans would be incensed.

Yep because Oklahoma can’t survive without it’s tight ends coach.

I fully expect next season that we're going to be shocked to find out just how poorly coached we were these past few seasons.
I know the team was coached by guys half in /half out the last year and half...that was evident. I think they were like that partially because they realized they missed big time in recruiting. Also points to why we had to go get guys from nowhere teams to come be part of starting lineups in the SEC.

What these other people are worried about....is that there appears to be nobody here working on the problem....and obviously we need as much time and energy devoted to that as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT