ADVERTISEMENT

Next Season WR

nismo29630

Jul 1, 2005
Nashville, TN
Barring Transfer,Decommitments, and etc., here is look at what could be the biggest strength of our team next season...barring an O.C. that knows how to utilize great talent.
Deebo Samuel Sr. 6'0" 215
Bryan Edwards Jr. 6'3" 215
Shi Smith So. 5'10" 179
Or Tre Smith So 6'4" 219
Chad Terrell So 6'3" 212
Chavis Dawkins Jr 6'2" 212
Randrecous Davis RS So 5'11" 186
Jerad Washington RS Jr 5'8" 171

Josh Vann Commit 5'11" 180
Darius Rush Commit 6'2" 170
Tyquan Johnson Commit 6'3" 195
Ronald Jaminson Commit 6'2" 190

Analysis: If everybody stay this group could be stacked with lots of play makers and size. 5/8 of WR currently on roster (Scholarship) are over 6'0" and the commits have height as well. I fully expect Rush and Vann to get playing time as Freshman and not Redshirt but if they do then even better. With our QB sailing passes lately, maybe we need even taller WRs. Just a bored analysis. my 2 cents

Thanks, I enjoyed reading all three of your reports. But what do we have on both sides of the line that would make me feel better? Thanks.

I have kind of wondered if Rush gets a look on the defensive side in camp. But yeah, WR Corps should be good next year.

Barring Transfer,Decommitments, and etc., here is look at what could be the biggest strength of our team next season...barring an O.C. that knows how to utilize great talent.
Shi Smith So. 5'10" 179
Or Tre Smith So 6'4" 219
Chad Terrell So 6'3" 212

Analysis: If everybody stay this group could be stacked with lots of play makers and size. 5/8 of WR currently on roster (Scholarship) are over 6'0" and the commits have height as well. I fully expect Rush and Vann to get playing time as Freshman and not Redshirt but if they do then even better. With our QB sailing passes lately, maybe we need even taller WRs. Just a bored analysis. my 2 cents
Great -- but we need a big-game quality QB.

Shi Smith So. 5'10" 179
Or Tre Smith So 6'4" 219
Chad Terrell So 6'3" 212

Nice situation to be in but that's really too many people stacked in one place. Did any of them play appreciable defense in HS?

Thanks! I did my first one on the OL about 2 months ago. I have done a D Line one recently too. Just boredom and love analysis Inc things.
Thanks, I enjoyed reading all three of your reports. But what do we have on both sides of the line that would make me feel better? Thanks.

This! And I’m not expecting Deebo. I know what he said but I’m gonna think he’s not and be happy if he does.
What. LOL.Deebo is coming back. His mom and Bryson Allen Williams mom wouldn't post they are returning together on facebook with over 2000 responses. Deebo will be USC s big time offensive play maker in 18.

I remember looking at Ronald Jamison some a little bit after he signed with us. He is a juco, and is a bit older and more developed than the other incoming true freshman wr's.

Rush, Vann, Johnson all have a very high ceiling, but I'm expecting Jamison to be the guy who plays out of that group. And his competition for playing time will be Shi Smith.

Deebo, for all his good points, isn't really a burner. Smith and Jamison are both outrun the coverage guys (well assuming we had someone who could throw the bomb accurately). Vann and Rush (probably) are that too.

Also I guess the odds of us signing him (for this year at least) don't sound good. But whatever the deal with Brice Thompson (the Dutch Fork guy), if we signed him, he might be the best out of that whole group. Well assuming he was signed for wr as opposed to db.

For a guy with his tools and production he should have as many schools after him as Channing Tindall. Got to be grades.

We'll see though.

We have some good ones coming in.my guess is that two out of three of Dawkins, Terrell, or Davis transfer with such talent. We could run a 4 WR package with Deebo and Shi on the inside with Edwards and a combo of Jamison/Ortre/Vann on the other side. We are going to miss Hurst big time I think.
I remember looking at Ronald Jamison some a little bit after he signed with us. He is a juco, and is a bit older and more developed than the other incoming true freshman wr's.

Rush, Vann, Johnson all have a very high ceiling, but I'm expecting Jamison to be the guy who plays out of that group. And his competition for playing time will be Shi Smith.

Deebo, for all his good points, isn't really a burner. Smith and Jamison are both outrun the coverage guys (well assuming we had someone who could throw the bomb accurately). Vann and Rush (probably) are that too.

Also I guess the odds of us signing him (for this year at least) don't sound good. But whatever the deal with Brice Thompson (the Dutch Fork guy), if we signed him, he might be the best out of that whole group. Well assuming he was signed for wr as opposed to db.

For a guy with his tools and production he should have as many schools after him as Channing Tindall. Got to be grades.

We'll see though.

Shi Smith So. 5'10" 179
Or Tre Smith So 6'4" 219
Chad Terrell So 6'3" 212

With another qb in the mix (Dakeron), if qb1 is sailing passes, give qb2 a chance.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT