ADVERTISEMENT

NFL Players all over Twitter Whining about NFLs Covid Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Last edited:
What exactly do they want? Their shouts of complaint are starting early, led by their new head complainer, Drew Brees. This stuff is gonna get old really quick. Either negotiate in good faith or go to work. I could care less about their game, but isn't it rich so to say that a bunch of millionaires are at the lead of justice for the truly disadvantaged. But, only after they make the big, bad boss pay publically for giving them great jobs and great pay.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29483174/nfl-reveals-potential-protocols-negotiation-players-union?platform=amp
If you don't care, why do you care?

If you don't care, why do you care?
Man, the speech police are out in full force today! I really don't care that you care that I don't care.

I don't care about their games from a viewing standpoint, but I think they are contributing to making sport in America joyless.

Do you have any constructive thoughts on the issue?

It's a sports board, struggling for sports topics, c'mon, pitch in!

Last edited:
A month ago I would have agreed with you.
They are oddly, at least nationally, lower. The national death rates still low. At 600 PM today less than 400 deaths, which is a very low rate. It's a shame there is no one trustworthy to tell us what is going on with the high cases/ low death phenomenon. If you find a foreign article on the topic, please link it. It might have some truth in it.

Reactions: cocks rule
These guys are all of a sudden worried about people dying. Unless they're in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, New York and I'll throw in Minneapolis. The last group the millions of aborted babies that never had a chance to play sports. Our tax dollars at work.

These guys are all of a sudden worried about people dying. Unless they're in Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore, New York and I'll throw in Minneapolis. The last group the millions of aborted babies that never had a chance to play sports. Our tax dollars at work.

they have a right to be worried about their workplace like anyone else.

Interesting how everything is abortion with you.

how many children have you adopted?

They are oddly, at least nationally, lower. The national death rates still low. At 600 PM today less than 400 deaths, which is a very low rate. It's a shame there is no one trustworthy to tell us what is going on with the high cases/ low death phenomenon. If you find a foreign article on the topic, please link it. It might have some truth in it.

It’s odd how the narrative has changed. Obama, per Republican talkers, did an awful job with H1N1 when approx. 12,469 Americans died. It was a travesty that many people died, and of course it was the fault of Obama. Trump blamed Obama too saying...

currently 135,000+ Americans have died due to COVID. Those same talkers cast blame everywhere, but don’t dare blame the person in charge.

Trump changed his mind on taking responsibility too since he is now President. Funny how that works.

Reactions: taiwancock
Complaining about other people complaining. It's a endless circle, like a preschool room of babies crying.
People must care if they complain about it. If they didn't care, they wouldn't complain. I don't mind if people complain as long as they don't state they don't care.

Stop testing for the CV and it will just disappear.

It worked last time in 2009 & 2010, stop testing and it went away...

You and I will not agree on this COVID because it has been politicized on both sides...

But, with that said, I'm in my late 50's with underlying health issues and faced almost death 20 years ago in the hands of a major virus... So, I'm not too concern about COVID, just because I practice washing my hands at all times, and keep my distance from other... I don't wear a mask unless a business requires me to wear a mask in the building...

https://uncoverdc.com/2020/07/17/cdc-politicized-pandemic/

It worked last time in 2009 & 2010, stop testing and it went away...

You and I will not agree on this COVID because it has been politicized on both sides...

But, with that said, I'm in my late 50's with underlying health issues and faced almost death 20 years ago in the hands of a major virus... So, I'm not too concern about COVID, just because I practice washing my hands at all times, and keep my distance from other... I don't wear a mask unless a business requires me to wear a mask in the building...

https://uncoverdc.com/2020/07/17/cdc-politicized-pandemic/

Heck of a link there to an article written by someone who worked on the Trump campaign. Now that is a great source. LOL. RollLaugh

Sounds like fake news

Quit buying into the virus hoax.

Stop living in fear! Believe Trump! Everytime you wear a mask, you're giving up your constitutional rights and giving in the the Democrats.
It's all a hoax and the rest of the world is in on it.

Nice answer... You don't have an answer, trash and insult the person...

60 million were infected with the swine flu...

Swine Flu Cases Overestimated?

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/swine-flu-cases-overestimated/

If you've been diagnosed "probable" or "presumed" 2009 H1N1 or "swine flu" in recent months, you may be surprised to know this: odds are you didn't have H1N1 flu.

In fact, you probably didn't have flu at all. That's according to state-by-state test results obtained in a three-month-long CBS News investigation.

The ramifications of this finding are important. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Britain's National Health Service, once you have H1N1 flu, you're immune from future outbreaks of the same virus. Those who think they've had H1N1 flu -- but haven't -- might mistakenly presume they're immune. As a result, they might skip taking a vaccine that could help them, and expose themselves to others with H1N1 flu under the mistaken belief they won't catch it. Parents might not keep sick children home from school, mistakenly believing they've already had H1N1 flu.

In late July, the CDC abruptly advised states to stop testing for H1N1 flu, and stopped counting individual cases. The rationale given for the CDC guidance to forego testing and tracking individual cases was: why waste resources testing for H1N1 flu when the government has already confirmed there's an epidemic?

Some public health officials privately disagreed with the decision to stop testing and counting, telling CBS News that continued tracking of this new and possibly changing virus was important because H1N1 has a different epidemiology, affects younger people more than seasonal flu and has been shown to have a higher case fatality rate than other flu virus strains.

CBS News learned that the decision to stop counting H1N1 flu cases was made so hastily that states weren't given the opportunity to provide input. Instead, on July 24, the Council for State and Territorial Epidemiologists, CSTE, issued the following notice to state public health officials on behalf of the CDC:

"Attached are the Q&As that will be posted on the CDC website tomorrow explaining why CDC is no longer reporting case counts for novel H1N1. CDC would have liked to have run these by you for input but unfortunately there was not enough time before these needed to be posted (emphasis added)."

The H1N1 disappeared after several years after herd immunity...

Nice answer... You don't have an answer, trash and insult the person...

60 million were infected with the swine flu......
This is what could have been. Of course, the people in Germany don't have a president telling them it's all going to go away on its own.

“I would go back to the government response to the overall COVID situation. They acted as quickly as possible, they acted clearly in terms of the guidelines,” Robert Klein, CEO of Bundesliga International, told USA TODAY Sports.

“And then we were able to rely on the individual states. … And then counting on the German population to act accordingly, which was seen widely, and able to limit the initial spikes.”
But perhaps the most significant factor in whether sports can resume is a government’s response to the pandemic. Specifically, a widespread and robust testing program that provides results quickly and allows for the quarantines and contact tracing that will limit the spread of infection in the community.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ould-have-been-possible-us-sports/5468653002/

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
The English Premier League, which I'm watching right now (Go Blues) is playing on despite Covid challenges. These guys don't look the least concerned, except about getting a goal or block.

I'll take a flyer and suggest there will be no fall football in the USA, not only because of Covid, but mostly because it's one of the last mass communication arenas Trump can score points. Can't have that. But hey, it's good political strategy!

This is what could have been. Of course, the people in Germany don't have a president telling them it's all going to go away on its own.

“I would go back to the government response to the overall COVID situation. They acted as quickly as possible, they acted clearly in terms of the guidelines,” Robert Klein, CEO of Bundesliga International, told USA TODAY Sports.

“And then we were able to rely on the individual states. … And then counting on the German population to act accordingly, which was seen widely, and able to limit the initial spikes.”
But perhaps the most significant factor in whether sports can resume is a government’s response to the pandemic. Specifically, a widespread and robust testing program that provides results quickly and allows for the quarantines and contact tracing that will limit the spread of infection in the community.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ould-have-been-possible-us-sports/5468653002/
Flame on human torch.

Flame on human torch.
Trump just became a liberal. RollLaugh
6313722_071220-cc-ap-trump-mask-img.jpg

It’s odd how the narrative has changed. Obama, per Republican talkers, did an awful job with H1N1 when approx. 12,469 Americans died. It was a travesty that many people died, and of course it was the fault of Obama. Trump blamed Obama too saying...

**** TDS WARNING*****

currently 135,000+ Americans have died due to COVID. Those same talkers cast blame everywhere, but don’t dare blame the person in charge.

Trump changed his mind on taking responsibility too since he is now President. Funny how that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT