ADVERTISEMENT

Nine 4* recruits

I wouldn't be surprised if Spurrier averaged 9 4-star recruits per recruiting class, while he was here. Seems like he had 1 class with 14-15.

Reactions: NooNoo
o8CD90A.gif

You are right but go back and look at 2015. There is only about 4 of those 4*'s that have really contributed. Look at some of these names. The only one that has played like a 4* is Bailey. Also had 30 signees that year. We have more 4* this year as a percentage of the total. If we can develop 4-5 of this years players into 4* players on the field, we'll be way ahead of 2015.

Nunez
Christian
O. Johnson
Wideman
C. Owens
Blackshear
Pittman
M. Lewis
Z Bailey

The difference is this current coaching staff are better evaluators of talent. We more than likely got more true four stars in this class then all those misses from 2011-2015. Hell, I think almost the entire 2013 class never even panned out, were ineligble, quit the team , kicked off the team, etc....THAT HURT.

You English majors kill me.
It's not an actual quote as far as anyone knows. Just a garbled quote which has been attributed to WS from Julius Caesar which goes:
"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars,
But in ourselves, that we are underlings."

BTW not an English major (no money in it).....just have read a whole lot of the classics.

You are right but go back and look at 2015. There is only about 4 of those 4*'s that have really contributed. Look at some of these names. The only one that has played like a 4* is Bailey. Also had 30 signees that year. We have more 4* this year as a percentage of the total. If we can develop 4-5 of this years players into 4* players on the field, we'll be way ahead of 2015.

Nunez
Christian
O. Johnson
Wideman
C. Owens
Blackshear
Pittman
M. Lewis
Z Bailey
I'm willing to award Zack Bailey a fifth star based on the combination of his meanness and the amount of tricep fur he sports.

Nunez
Christian
O. Johnson
Wideman
C. Owens
Blackshear
Pittman
M. Lewis
Z Bailey
Blackshear competed some this year. Hopefully he can get all the way back next year.

OK. Last 10 years (too much time on my hands today, I guess).
2017 - 7
2016 - 7
2015 - 10
2014 - 10
2013 - 11
2012 - 10
2011 - 6 + JD Clowney
2010 - 5 + ML
2009 - 14 (highest rated class at #12)
2008 - 6
All these classes are ranked from 15 to 26 (2016), except 2009.

Although I I guess I proved myself wrong, this year's class is on par with our 10-year trend. We've had more and pretty recently. I hope the current staff evals are better than the last couple years of the previous staff.

2017 - 7
2016 - 7
2015 - 10
2014 - 10
2013 - 11
2012 - 10
2011 - 6 + JD Clowney
2010 - 5 + ML
2008 - 6

Although I I guess I proved myself wrong, this year's class is on par with our 10-year trend. We've had more and pretty recently. I hope the current staff evals are better than the last couple years of the previous staff.

Can we give you a star ? I would

Nunez
Christian
O. Johnson
Wideman
C. Owens
Blackshear
Pittman
M. Lewis
Z Bailey

Exactly. I've been reminding people of this over and over. The 13 and 14 classes absolutely killed us. All because Spurrier is honest and that is a a sad statement on the dirty part of recruiting.

Reactions: viennacocks
We were slow but not so anymore. Muschamp said where we are today versus when he got here is night and day.

Reactions: HI Cock
2017 - 7
2016 - 7
2015 - 10
2014 - 10
2013 - 11
2012 - 10
2011 - 6 + JD Clowney
2010 - 5 + ML
2008 - 6

4* recruits can rise
5* recruits often become shooting stars burning up in the atmosphere!

Reactions: mavcock
Three consensus top 150 guys, all out of state. Which is interesting. Shows some good regional work. Sandidge, Wonnum and Vann all have to be good. Two years from now they’ll be expected to lead their position groups, if not sooner for Sandidge.

The rest of the class... have a lot to work with at DB, which is good. Some interesting and flexible talent there. Needed the depth. Same with the OL.

Glaring issues. Making some leaps at RB. Don’t know if either guy is an SEC back. Didn’t get a high profile edge rusher. Rosendo Louis needs to be really good. And then there is Joyner. You take one QB and he’s a guy other power 5 schools wanted at DB. He’s a great athlete with a good arm, but they are going to have to rip his mechanics and footwork apart and rebuild him.

Nunez
Christian
O. Johnson
Wideman
C. Owens
Blackshear
Pittman
M. Lewis
Z Bailey
this years class will be way better than the one above

It's not an actual quote as far as anyone knows. Just a garbled quote which has been attributed to WS from Julius Caesar which goes:

BTW not an English major (no money in it).....just have read a whole lot of the classics.

When I retired I vowed I was going to do a lot of reading, particularly the classics but haven't thus far. I use to read a lot prior to the invent of the internet.

Reactions: rogue cock
I am surprised Muschamp made no effort in Texas. He was here a while to make contacts. He did get three recruits from Florida, so maybe his coaching there gave him helpful contacts.

Wouldn't that be "has been attributed to Julius Caesar by WS"? I guess we need an English major ...

Reactions: rogue cock
Wouldn't that be "has been attributed to Julius Caesar by WS"? I guess we need an English major ...
Hmmm....maybe. The italicized quote was definitely attributed to Julius Caesar by Shakespeare. The original quote I used was simply a misquote which has been attributed to Shakespeare based on the italicized quote, so.....perhaps.

When I retired I vowed I was going to do a lot of reading, particularly the classics but haven't thus far. I use to read a lot prior to the invent of the internet.
Start with Old Man and the Sea and work your way up to Moby Dick for your East Coast authors. Then take some time off with a few Jack London books and get back into the swing with Steinbeck. Stay away from the Bronte sisters or you might never want to read another book in your life. Nasty Women! I would also avoid Dickens... unless you need a quick way to fall asleep.

Reactions: ansoncock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT