ADVERTISEMENT

No bowl is “meaningless” if you’re in it...

'But I just wanna complain about something!!!'

giphy.gif

When I was a little kid, (I'm 69 and YES they had TV back then) watching (I think) The North South Shrine Game, I heard their motto and it has stuck in my mind ever since. Anytime I attend a college game or watch a college game on TV, that motto announces itself, loud and clear, in my mind. (Funny, it doesn't happen when I watch the Pro's ... but then again, I seldom watch the NFL).

Strong Legs Run, so Weak Legs Can Walk.

No bowl game is meaningless to everyone.

Definitely not meaningless. Half of this board was predicting 4-8 after we lost to UK, but now we have a chance to go 8-5. That's important for recruiting and right now that is everything for us. This upcoming recruiting class is loaded with defensive guys so we absolutely need our guys to win this bowl and keep momentum going on the recruiting trail. If we want to win more than 8 games, then we need to recruit well and winning bowls like this is better for that than sitting at home.

Definitely not meaningless. Half of this board was predicting 4-8 after we lost to UK, but now we have a chance to go 8-5. That's important for recruiting and right now that is everything for us. This upcoming recruiting class is loaded with defensive guys so we absolutely need our guys to win this bowl and keep momentum going on the recruiting trail. If we want to win more than 8 games, then we need to recruit well and winning bowls like this is better for that than sitting at home.

Good post.

A chance to get another win. More practice time for your players to get better. A chance for players to travel, have fun, and be rewarded for hard work. To me, that’s a good thing to enjoy, rather than a “meaningless” thing to snub.
I agree.

I am old enough to remember when GC fans were excited to go to any bowl.

Times have changed for the better, we've tasted some measure of success and are demanding more. In a way though it is a double edged sword.

Totally agree , and not to mention everybody on here saying the acc is "turrible". Well , then we should beat a middle of the road acc team easily. 31-14.

“A lot on the line for us – eight wins, would be only the 15th time in school history, and back-to-back eight or more wins for only the seventh time in school history, so we’ve got a lot on the line versus Virginia,” Muschamp said.
Glad our coach doesn’t think it’s meaningless

Absolutely ridiculous for people to say that. We`re trying to avoid losing to another ACC team. Going from 9 to 8 wins isn`t bad. Going from 9 to 7 is nothing to get excited about. We`re trying to catch up with Clemson and Georgia, and you feel the game is "meaningless." If you feel that way, you don`t have a freaking clue what you`re talking about.

5-6 years from now it win't matter which bowl you played in but it will matter if you did not make one and the team you are competing with for x recruit did.

Reactions: Jpcooper
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT