ADVERTISEMENT

No Bryce Thompson? What in the world happened??

Well it seems that North Carolina set the standard for how to make sure kids are eligible. A few fake classes and the GPA should be fine. Just make sure that at least one non-athlete takes the course too.
That was to keep them eligible, not make them eligible. You have to get them in school before they can take fake classes.

What it comes down to is, if he's too lazy to get decent grades in HS, he's not in the right frame of mind to play at this level. JC may wake him up.

What it comes down to is, if he's too lazy to get decent grades in HS, he's not in the right frame of mind to play at this level. JC may wake him up.
Uh. Playing is not the problem. Many are exceptional athletes on the field. Unfortunately, that doesn't always transfer to the classroom and they find themselves in a bind getting admitted when the time comes.

Well it seems that North Carolina set the standard for how to make sure kids are eligible. A few fake classes and the GPA should be fine. Just make sure that at least one non-athlete takes the course too.

Everybody has had those easy majors. Just look at what the majority of athletes at the schools are majoring in, and that should tell you. Not sure if it still exists but can remember at USC it seemed like a bunch of the athletes took retail management. Like you go to college to learn how to run a dime store. I know Clemson used to have a particular forestry type class folks ran to. And with all the international travel, and summer ball, Jayson Williams played at Duke, and he graduates in three years? At Duke. Yea, OK. Crip majors for jocks has been going on since college sports turned into a profit center.

Everybody has had those easy majors. Just look at what the majority of athletes at the schools are majoring in, and that should tell you. Not sure if it still exists but can remember at USC it seemed like a bunch of the athletes took retail management. Like you go to college to learn how to run a dime store. I know Clemson used to have a particular forestry type class folks ran to. And with all the international travel, and summer ball, Jayson Williams played at Duke, and he graduates in three years? At Duke. Yea, OK. Crip majors for jocks has been going on since college sports turned into a profit center.
Interdisciplinary Studies.....i.e. make up your own major.

At Clemson it was PRM (Parks and Recreation Management)....i.e. teach how to play sports.

Last edited:
Not getting the required grades of athletes means they are simply undisciplined. You don't have to be smart to get the grades required to be admitted, and with the amount of IEPs, 504s, etc. that are in place for kids with actual deficiencies, there are no excuses.

Uh. Playing is not the problem. Many are exceptional athletes on the field. Unfortunately, that doesn't always transfer to the classroom and they find themselves in a bind getting admitted when the time comes.

I didn't say anything about playing. If you KNOW you can play D1 football, go to class and do the work. It's not hard to be elligible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT