ADVERTISEMENT

No matter the sport, teams play badly occassionally, but

fowl_mood

Gold Member
Oct 28, 1998
Last night for Clemson was an odd anamoly. The secondary, offensive line and pass rush were a shell of themselves.

Ohio State had trouble with Northwestern and Indiana, good but not great teams.

There was nothing other than the Notre Dame loss to portend this horrible performance. But, ND played Bama about as good as anybody expected. And Clemson later crushed them.

No Elliott, the stealing signals fuss, player half game suspensions, Dabo distractions.....teams in any sport seldom fall so far so fast.

It's been a strange year; add last night"s mess to the list.

And personally, I think Bama trashes OHIO State.

Last night for Clemson was an odd anamoly. The secondary, offensive line and pass rush were a shell of themselves.

There was nothing other than the Notre Dame loss to portend this horrible performance. But, ND played Bama about as good as anybody expected. And Clemson later crushed them.

No Elliott, the stealing signals fuss, player half game suspensions, Dabo distractions.....teams in any sport seldom fall so far so fast.

Clemson beat Clemson again?

It was OSU running game. When the safety needs to help with run defense, you will get beat over the top.

Reactions: rogue cock
Again? Has not happened much in recent years.

Much discussion this morning about why.

Buckeyes simply whipped them in the trenches...all game long.....offensively and defensively.

As for Bama, GO BUCKS!!!!

Reactions: jawdropper

We felt the same about Alabama two years ago.

The College Football Playoff is a yearly chess tournament of 5-star recruits from the same 4 to 6 teams year-after-year and it's likely to remain that way until they change the format.

Otherwise, it's just about the game plan, matchups and the overall energy/performance of players on that given night.

Chances are, they could run that game back in a week and have an entirely different outcome/narrative.

I think last night was the second time this year Clemson played a team with a pulse, and shocked at how it felt to play a really good team, or perhaps an inspired team. The ACC isn't faring well in their bowl games this year.

OSU came out ready... ready to smack clemson in the mouth. Clemson played like a team that had never seen a team so unintimaded before. I saw a shocked clemson team. OSU can act that way against Bama if they like but I dont think Bama will react the same soft way.

No, it has not happened much lately, and they deserve credit for that. But Ohio State deserves credit for out-coaching and out-playing Clemson last night. And Ohio State overcame some obstacles too.

Kudos to tOSU for taking out the trash, but it seems their entire 2020 season was aimed at revenge towards Clemson (electronic signs with final score)...now how will they play against Bama?

I'm taking Bama.

Oh yeah, and Dabo poured gas on the simmering embers with the #11 ranking. Perfect storm.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT