ADVERTISEMENT

Northern Chicago football boss relieved of command.

FCB 2013 treble

Dec 14, 2016
Northwestern separates Pat Fitzgerald from university. I guess there will be some grumpy Wildcats fans seeing Fitzgerald fired and lashing out at Northwestern. In today's expectations of the responsibility of a head coach, no way would Bear Bryant would survive.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
He's won four games over the past two seasons. I'd examine the heads of anyone incensed over this.
True but we all know that it’s because he signed a 10 year contract and the President and boosters had buyers remorse and found a way out more than anything discovered in the investigation.

Why would you suspend him for two games, sleep on it for a while and then fire him….unless the powers that be didn’t really want him to stay in the first place.

Reactions: zulu_nice
True but we all know that it’s because he signed a 10 year contract and the President and boosters had buyers remorse and found a way out more than anything discovered in the investigation.

Why would you suspend him for two games, sleep on it for a while and then fire him….unless the powers that be didn’t really want him to stay in the first place.
All you have done is to widen the pool of potential people whose heads need to be examined.

A tad too homosexual for my taste, but as far as hazing goes this was pretty minor. Northwestern definitely sought out a means of ducking that contract once things went south record wise. By Northwesterns own investigation there was no proof the coaches knew, and no one was hurt. Just some unsolicited, naked dry humping. Not a great look for the Wildcat football team but definitely a hit job on the coach.

A tad too homosexual for my taste, but as far as hazing goes this was pretty minor. Northwestern definitely sought out a means of ducking that contract once things went south record wise. By Northwesterns own investigation there was no proof the coaches knew, and no one was hurt. Just some unsolicited, naked dry humping. Not a great look for the Wildcat football team but definitely a hit job on the coach.
Not to mention let’s keep all the assistant coaches around, some of which likely had more knowledge than the head coach of these hazings while pretending to deal with the problem.

Not to mention let’s keep all the assistant coaches around, some of which likely had more knowledge than the head coach of these hazings while pretending to deal with the problem.
That part seems very strange to me. They are trying to make a statement on the one hand and keep everything together on the other. Seems like a fool's errand to me. How could that many guys not have known?

He's won four games over the past two seasons. I'd examine the heads of anyone incensed over this.
Pat Fitzgerald played on the Northwestern Big Ten championship and Rose bowl team so he does bleed purple and he is truly one of them. In the last five seasons, Northwestern has played in two Big Ten championships games, so I would imagine it would make some of the fan base angry to see Fitzgerald dismissed.

With all the lawsuits being filed now — and hundreds more in the works, Northwestern may as well shut down its athletic programs. This case will also be the start of numerous other university athletic departments under lawsuit siege. If NIL didn’t kill college athletics, this stuff is sure to be the final nail in the coffin. It’s just too risky to be in the business of college athletics.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT