ADVERTISEMENT

Not making NCAA tourney in Baseball. Never build on huge success in anything. It's crazy,

uscusc1987

May 30, 2008
You can say wait for the season to play out. We made it to a super last year and almost Omaha losing to the eventual national runner- up Arkansas
That is all great, BUT this year is horrible. We were a national power and look at where the program is now. In basketball, two years removed from the final 4 and we never capitalize and build on the success. 2-9 in the SEC at baseball. Most likely 15-15 is needed to make the NCAA tourney. That means we need to go 13- 6 from here on out. Even giving the benefit of the doubt 14-16 being good enough with the strength of the SEC this year we would need to go 12-7 to finish the season. We all know that will NEVER happen. Just like we knew at basketball we wouldn't finish strong.. Always some BS excuses. It's ridiculous.

Last edited:
You can say wait for the season to play out. We made it to a super last year and almost Omaha losing to the eventual national runner- up Arkansas
That is all great, BUT this year is horrible. We were a national power and look at where the program is now. In basketball, two years removed from the final 4 and we never capitalize and build on the success. 2-9 in the SEC at baseball. Most likely 15-15 is needed to make the NCAA tourney. That means we need to go 13- 6 from here on out. Even giving the benefit of the doubt 14-16 being good enough with the strength of the SEC this year we would need to go 12-7 to finish the season. We all know that will NEVER happen. Just like we knew at basketball we wouldn't finish strong.. Always some BS excuses. It's ridiculous.
You are absolutely correct!!!

The most important thing is that Ray got his dream job.

"When Coach Tanner approached me two years ago and sought more administrative responsibilities, I clearly knew that this was an individual who was seeking a way to lead; to take our great university to the next level," noted Pastides. "Ray exemplifies all the qualities I am seeking in an Athletics Director"

Frank Martin, Men's Basketball
"As concerned as I was the day Eric Hyman decided to leave, I am even more excited for President Pastides' decision to hire Ray Tanner as our next director of athletics. He has proven that he can lead people and win championships as well as anyone. I look forward to having him as our new leader."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT