ADVERTISEMENT

Not sports related: Colorado bound

thanks guys for everything....so last night she get home after photographing a Senior/family photo session and we get a email saying American Airlines has cancelled the flight and moved them to Wednesday! Even going as far as taking the direct flight they had and now had them leaving Wednesday at 1pm, flying to Chicago waiting 4 hours then go to Denver. Ironically NBC nightly news had a special on how all airlines had been changing flight details across the country but usually for just a few hours but some the whole flight plan like they did hers. Luckily 2 people late last night backed out of a flight and we got them on an American flight that leaves tonight at 730 out of CLT and is a direct to Denver. Just something to add to her stress level.
[/QUOTE]
My son's frontier flight was delayed an hour but he is in the air.

In the 7+ years we have been flying from CLT to Den, only one issue with Frontier. I know the luggage policy confuses some folks but once you understand the policy and plan around it, it's pretty easy. For example, if it's the kids and I we take a free (small) carry on bag each. If it's the four of us, we take one large bag in which we pay $40ish each way and we each take a carry on if needed. We never pay for seats. That's for suckered. They always put families together. If they don't, they will move you at no expense.

I have never paid more than $200 for a flight to Denver and that includes luggage. Normally get a flight for around $100 round trip.

I know some folks have miles etc so they are tied to a specific airline but the direct flight from clt to den on Frontier has been very economical and pretty darn reliable for our family.

Last edited:
Reactions: budman1976
7K is nothing. I go up and down through those kinds of elevations often. If she hits Pikes Peak (CO Springs/ 14K) she'll notice it. Ears pop, water bottles pop, and bags of chips do weird things.

Moonshine, liquor jugs too. LOL

well they are off to Denver now, praying for a safe flight and a wonderful time for them and a safe return home on Sunday. Seriously thank yall for everything and all the input.

So tomorrow morning my wife and daughter fly out to Denver. It will be their first time visiting there. My wife made the mistake of reading about altitude sickness in the town (evergreen) they are staying in. I believe its roughly 7000ft ASL. She is now getting anxious because the article mentioned visitors having difficulty breathing. I told her at 40 yrs old she should be fine, but its already in her mind. I'm sure many in here have visited Colorado, an was wonder if you had any issues or tips for it. Thanks
A lot of what I have seen is just mental conditionInv. I flew out of Santa Fe with a group of four women on the same flight. They were going home from a week in Santa Fe. We were headed to Denver, then home from there, and they were worried about getting altitude sickness when we landed. I followed them to the baggage claim and heard them talking about how they felt really weak, dizzy and confused. I did not have the heart to tell them Santa Fe is a higher altitude than Denver.

A lot of what I have seen is just mental conditionInv. I flew out of Santa Fe with a group of four women on the same flight. They were going home from a week in Santa Fe. We were headed to Denver, then home from there, and they were worried about getting altitude sickness when we landed. I followed them to the baggage claim and heard them talking about how they felt really weak, dizzy and confused. I did not have the heart to tell them Santa Fe is a higher altitude than Denver.

yea that's rough, I'm sure my 2 will be ok, just little anxious is all.

Reactions: uscclassof74
Here's a fun fact for those may not already know it: At Coors Field, there's a single row all around the upper deck painted in Rockies purple that marks the exact Mile High point.
There is also a white line completely circling the capital building marking the 5280 ft. contour.
Been out to Breckinridge several times at around 9600 feet.
Really easy to get sunburned and dehydrated. A small set of steps and you are worn out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT