ADVERTISEMENT

Not to overhype the spring game. But.....

Jay had a Gonzie Gray like performance in today's spring game. Of course I don't know that Gonzie ever played a snap in a regular season game.

Urich could be good when he gets settled he's one of those see ya later receivers if he gets a step. He has better acceleration than I gave him credit for but he's new at WR and we have some issues. I could see Hilinski looking at a redshirt and Joyner taking second slot but I'd trust him if they play him.

Reactions: Brace1
As long as we have that other guy here, the All American from Alabama, nobody will see the field unless his leg is broken. So nobody, no matter how good they are will be able to make All American. Unless our current All American is not called up to the NFL.

As long as we have that other guy here, the All American from Alabama, nobody will see the field unless his leg is broken. So nobody, no matter how good they are will be able to make All American. Unless our current All American is not called up to the NFL.

Man come on now! While by no means is the young man perfect, he most certainly has the experience as-well-as all the necessary capabilities!!

Lighten up a 'lil Blackand!! If for no other reason than this season being the young mans last as a University of South Carolina GAMECOCK!!!

Take it all in context. The spring game is pretty much a waste if time. Just a little show for the fans to try and build some excitement for the coming season. Coaches would probably prefer a closed practice. They would get more accomplished. Muschamp and his coaches probably enjoy making those big salaries. If indeed one of those backups that everyone seems to be captivated by were better than Bentley, they would be #1 on the depth chart.

Versatility is always a good thing to have on a football team, as long as the staff can make good use of it. Having QBs like Urich that can also play WR, and Joyner who can also perhaps play some WR too, or some Wildcat option, could be handy for the occasional double reverse play where a WR throws to a QB, or a QB throws to a WR who throws to a QB who throws to a WR, or something like that. I know this kind of versatility would have Spurrier drooling, which might not be the best kind of thing to see, but anyways....

Reactions: howard13
Take it all in context. The spring game is pretty much a waste if time. Just a little show for the fans to try and build some excitement for the coming season. Coaches would probably prefer a closed practice. They would get more accomplished. Muschamp and his coaches probably enjoy making those big salaries. If indeed one of those backups that everyone seems to be captivated by were better than Bentley, they would be #1 on the depth chart.
There's nothing they can do to build my excitement until they go out and win some ballgames, don't collapse in the fourth quarter to lose, and don't fail to show up for any game. Urinate on their cheesy promotions.

Last edited:
Regardless of how good any of the QB's are they will play Jake based on his experience not necessarily his production.

Man come on now! While by no means is the young man perfect, he most certainly has the experience as-well-as all the necessary capabilities!!

Lighten up a 'lil Blackand!! If for no other reason than this season being the young mans last as a University of South Carolina GAMECOCK!!!
Clemmons bench their senior starter who won an ACC championship, 12 games and wet to the playoffs for a true freshman QB. How did that turn out for them

Clemmons bench their senior starter who won an ACC championship, 12 games and wet to the playoffs for a true freshman QB. How did that turn out for them
I agree but early on in the year. Fabio wasn't ready and they dont beat A&M without Bryant. Yes, Fabio is 1 of the best if not the best QB in the country. But not early in the season.

There's nothing they can do to build my excitement until they go out and win some ballgames, don't collapse in the fourth quarter to lose, and don't fail to show up for any game. Urinate on their cheesy promotions.

And pick up a few 3rd & short to keep the ball moving

I agree but early on in the year. Fabio wasn't ready and they dont beat A&M without Bryant. Yes, Fabio is 1 of the best if not the best QB in the country. But not early in the season.
I feel ya! But what would we really lose by benching Bentley! I stood behind Jake and defended him zealously. But the freshman mistakes in the middle of his third year as a starter were very revealing! He simply does not have it . He is great during interviews! He knows the right words and parrots all the coach speak! But when the lights are on and they kick it off, it one mistake after another.

Reactions: jimnasium

But such didnt happen during spring practice!! All I'm saying is let the kid (i.e. Bentley) start this season before we even begin discussing benching the young man!! Jeeze!! Its April 7th, 2019 - not August 29th, 2019!! Just sayin CHILL!! Lets see what he got b'fore start talkin about benchin' him!!

I feel ya! But what would we really lose by benching Bentley! I stood behind Jake and defended him zealously. But the freshman mistakes in the middle of his third year as a starter were very revealing! He simply does not have it . He is great during interviews! He knows the right words and parrots all the coach speak! But when the lights are on and they kick it off, it one mistake after another.

Ok. No prob. I cant/won't argue against a thing you've stated there!! All I'm sayin' is lets see how he does on 08/31 vs the holes, 09/07 vs Chas. suhh'thern and on 09/14 vs Bama!! Those 3 games right there oughta pretty much sum up Jake's full potential and talent!!! After 09/14 then Hail Yeah - lets evaluate and go from there!!

Peace 'n out,

Gaim

But such didnt happen during spring practice!! All I'm saying is let the kid (i.e. Bentley) start this season before we even begin discussing benching the young man!! Jeeze!! Its April 7th, 2019 - not August 29th, 2019!! Just sayin CHILL!! Lets see what he got b'fore start talkin about benchin' him!!

Ok. No prob. I cant/won't argue against a thing you've stated there!! All I'm sayin' is lets see how he does on 08/31 vs the holes, 09/07 vs Chas. suhh'thern and on 09/14 vs Bama!! Those 3 games right there oughta pretty much sum up Jake's full potential and talent!!! After 09/14 then Hail Yeah - lets evaluate and go from there!!

Peace 'n out,

Gaim
The past 3 years aren't enough to gauge his performance for you?

And that's what makes me nuts. In spring games JB doesn't look like he stands out from the others he still gets balls batted down and over throws like yesterday. What does this kid do in practice that convinces everybody he's the man? This is going to haunt us trust me. I hate the idea that we can't win with a freshman hell Clemson seems to okay because every spring the job is for the taking with us it was decided the day JB was born. I keep remembering the bowl game and the 4th and one when JB missed Dowdle 5 yds. away from him and turned it over on downs! Who does that who is a two year starter?

Versatility is always a good thing to have on a football team, as long as the staff can make good use of it. Having QBs like Urich that can also play WR, and Joyner who can also perhaps play some WR too, or some Wildcat option, could be handy for the occasional double reverse play where a WR throws to a QB, or a QB throws to a WR who throws to a QB who throws to a WR, or something like that. I know this kind of versatility would have Spurrier drooling, which might not be the best kind of thing to see, but anyways....
P&C: Joyner

https://www.postandcourier.com/spor...cle_c8ded7e8-5877-11e9-949c-3b5bf15460e2.html

I didn’t even watch. My idea is to play a pseudo game with the typical in state cupcake. Let them keep the gate. Then we can schedule a game in the fall with a real opponent and end the annual charade that is cupcake weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT