ADVERTISEMENT

Not Trolling, just thought some of you guys may get a kick out of this.

Interesting. I also remember right after they gave dabo that ridiculous 8yr (or something) contract, my brother's father-in-law - a BIG cu fan - lamenting about how they were now "stuck" with dabo. That big contract wasn't wildly popular amongst the urnge fans at the time. I think this was right after our 4th or 5th win over them.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Looking back on this, how do you guys think coordinators DC/OC's pan out as head coaches. You have Muschamp, Kirby, Pruitt currently on the DC side and Kiffin, Leach, and a few others on the offensive side. Kirby has Georgia in the Elite conversation but their offense is less than par while their defense seems to be the standard this year, jury is still out on Pruitt. Kiffin's offense is incredible but there defense is less than suspect and Leach has never had much of a defense. Thoughts?

They knew when they hired him that they were going to buy the best players available. Figured even Dabo could coach them up and win. Not saying they're cheating now, they probably don't have to anymore. But between the day Dabo was hired and now, they've bought and paid for numerous 5 star players. JMHO

They knew when they hired him that they were going to buy the best players available. Figured even Dabo could coach them up and win. Not saying they're cheating now, they probably don't have to anymore. But between the day Dabo was hired and now, they've bought and paid for numerous 5 star players. JMHO

Nah, they didn’t cheat. Most schools jump from 6 wins to the top recruiting class in the country immediately afterwards.:rolleyes:

Nah, they didn’t cheat. Most schools jump from 6 wins to the top recruiting class in the country immediately afterwards.:rolleyes:
Why is it when we land two 5 stars and several high profile 4 stars after an awful season, its legit, but when others do it they're cheating?

Answer: Everyone is cheating in some way. You're foolish and naive to believe otherwise.

Interesting. I also remember right after they gave dabo that ridiculous 8yr (or something) contract, my brother's father-in-law - a BIG cu fan - lamenting about how they were now "stuck" with dabo. That big contract wasn't wildly popular amongst the urnge fans at the time. I think this was right after our 4th or 5th win over them.
Exactly, I said this recently and people questioned me. After the WVU orange bowl loss, their fans were not sold on or happy with Dabo.

Reactions: tngamecock#
Why is it when we land two 5 stars and several high profile 4 stars after an awful season, its legit, but when others do it they're cheating?

Answer: Everyone is cheating in some way. You're foolish and naive to believe otherwise.

That wasn’t the analogy at all. Taters got good recruits for many years like we did......but not so many in one class. Even with our 3 five stars recently....they weren’t all in the same year. They have more in 2 years than we do in 10.

Question: So in your mind, are there levels of cheating? (Is the $500 handshake the same as we’ll give your relative a job or you a car)?

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
At the time my first thought was why they jumped over 2 coordinators to hire an interim position coach. Obviously it was the right move but quite a gamble.

Did you mean to say a class ranked in the teens?

It's of interest to me how facts are remembered so differently years later.

Reactions: GreatestCock

We get them in state normally with connections to th university. Cu gets them from all over the country

Reactions: DarkHorse2001
Did you mean to say a class ranked in the teens?

It's of interest to me how facts are remembered so differently years later.
In 2010 clemson went 6-7. The following recruiting class, 2011, was ranked 8th in the country with (4) 5 stars and (6) 4 stars. The 2011 final poll ranking for the tigers... 22nd. So what the poster is saying is that a 6-7 team finished the following season ranked 22nd in the country, but reeled in the #8 class with (4) 5 stars. Something doesn't add up.

Have you had any luck finding work?

Reactions: Mr CockStrong
That wasn’t the analogy at all. Taters got good recruits for many years like we did......but not so many in one class. Even with our 3 five stars recently....they weren’t all in the same year. They have more in 2 years than we do in 10.

Question: So in your mind, are there levels of cheating? (Is the $500 handshake the same as we’ll give your relative a job or you a car)?
I was referring to the fact that people keep questioning how they were able to get 5 stars after a 6-7 season, but don't question when we're in the same situation, worse actually. I do believe there are levels of cheating, but I don't think its relevant. If you influence a recruit by buying a car its against the rules. If you influence the recruit, by sliding him 5 C-notes every time he shows up to campus its against the rules.

In 2010 clemson went 6-7. The following recruiting class, 2011, was ranked 8th in the country with (4) 5 stars and (6) 4 stars. The 2011 final poll ranking for the tigers... 22nd. So what the poster is saying is that a 6-7 team finished the following season ranked 22nd in the country, but reeled in the #8 class with (4) 5 stars. Something doesn't add up.

I saw the class ranked as tenth, with 3 five stars. But that could be a matter of different sites.

What the poster said though, was not 8th or 10th, but"top class in the country". Thank you for helping me correct him.

I know that wasn't your intent, which just makes it funnier to me.

Agreed.

Everyone else is cheating. Muschamp.is just a good recruiter.
I am not even trying to insinuate that Muschamp is responsible. I just think there are things swirling around the program, every program, that go on and the head coach here or in the upstate has plausible deniability. Not every booster is out here mad obvious like Nevin Shapiro was at the U

I am not even trying to insinuate that Muschamp is responsible. I just think there are things swirling around the program, every program, that go on and the head coach here or in the upstate has plausible deniability. Not every booster is out here mad obvious like Nevin Shapiro was at the U

I agree. I think every single program has questionable boosters/fans/elements. And things have progressed enough that they're getting better at keeping at least the top of the coaching staff out of it.

The inclusion of Muschamp was just to remind people to look in the mirror.

Reactions: GreatestCock
Show me ANY Clemson fan who claims they envisioned th level of success when they hired Dabo and I’ll show you a liar. Even the ones who hired him.

He is the long shot of the century. And we have 80 years to go.

Well, that's one way of saying "I was wrong".

I typically reference the site we're posting on.

Pointing out that different sites had different rankings is actually a correct statement.

No site had them as "the top class in the nation" though. So again, thank you for helping me correct him.

247 ranked Clemson's 2011 class #10 and their 2010 class #27 so it's not as crazy when you look at it that way. The 2010 Clemson team was probably not as bad as their record either. Wasn't that the year Kyle Parker played with a bum shoulder?

I feel like Tennessee and North Carolina have made similar jumps recently.

Pointing out that different sites had different rankings is actually a correct statement.

No site had them as "the top class in the nation" though. So again, thank you for helping me correct him.
You said the class was "in the teens". That was my correction, and you're welcome.

You said the class was "in the teens". That was my correction, and you're welcome.

And you said tngamecock claimed the class was ranked #8, when his quote was "the top class in the country". That was one of my corrections, and you're welcome too.

It's almost like you agree he was wrong, but want to argue about how much he was off by just to make this about me. Some pent up frustration there?

Last edited:
Tangerine and lavender are clown colors. Clemson is doing one thing better than any other team in the nation

giphy.gif

once a cheater, always a cheater

Dude, that’s crazy. I just don’t understand why we have to say stuff like this.

Reactions: Zann77
The #1 reason Clemson went sky high and we didnt, is their recruits seem to ALWAYS live up or out perform their expectations, and they have the best injury luck Ive ever seen. We are opposite on both

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT