ADVERTISEMENT

Notre Dame Beat Writer's Tweet (ND AD qoute) on Dabo's Culture Makes Me Wonder about "Love" Cultures

Pay for play in Cf is stupid!! No way a college scholarship Athlete who earns a free 4 year degree and sometimes a masters degree for playing a sport should be payed for their Name, image or likeness regardless. Scholarship Athletes get enough exposure being on TV alone meaning after they graduated and don’t succeeded professionally they are well know vs other College students who are having to pay their way and end of in serious debt before beginning a career! If you or I had the same degree as a Scholarship Athlete from the same university and you or I was applying for the same Job as the Scholarship athlete, the odds are against you and I because of the Scholarship athlete name, image and likeness, period. I haven’t mentioned name brand clothes, food ( colleges now days have chefs) and free medical that these Scholarship athletes receive as well !! If you can prove Dabo was wrong concerning his beliefs for the NIL rules, then prove it!! If I am wrong, I’m wrong! I have posted what I believe to be true!!
No one prevents academic scholarships students from making money while in school.

No one prevents academic scholarships students from making money while in school.

Dabo hasn’t been or isn’t today against academic scholarship students making money while in school is the point concerning the NIL!

Last edited:
Dabo hasn’t been or isn’t today against academic scholarship students making money while in school is the point concerning the NIL!
He hasn’t been or isn’t today against football players making NIL. My response wasn’t about dabo. It was in response to scholarship, training , and coaching should be enough crowd.

"As far as paying players, professionalizing college athletics, that’s where you lose me. I’ll go do something else because there’s enough entitlement in this world as there is.”

Reactions: uscwatson21
"As far as paying players, professionalizing college athletics, that’s where you lose me. I’ll go do something else because there’s enough entitlement in this world as there is.”

He is saying if Clemson University or any college has to pay their Athletes ( weekly, monthly pay check ) because of their name, image and likeness then he will go do something else!!

He is saying if Clemson University or any college has to pay their Athletes ( weekly, monthly pay check ) because of their name, image and likeness then he will go do something else!!
No that is not what he is saying at all. You are confusing NIL with “pay for play” those are two very different things.

No, that's not what he meant. Other statements on NIL expose that.

“It definitely makes it harder. There’s no question about that,” Swinney said. “But it’s just something that we’re always trying to build ‘team,’ and we’re living in a world of ‘me.’ That’s kind of what we’re battling. I grew up with ‘team.’ So, it’s something that we work really, really hard on. But it certainly makes that job a little harder for everybody.”

Clearly, he didn't and deep down still doesn't support something that makes his job harder and focuses on "me" and not "team".

No, that's not what he meant. Other statements on NIL expose that.

“It definitely makes it harder. There’s no question about that,” Swinney said. “But it’s just something that we’re always trying to build ‘team,’ and we’re living in a world of ‘me.’ That’s kind of what we’re battling. I grew up with ‘team.’ So, it’s something that we work really, really hard on. But it certainly makes that job a little harder for everybody.”

Clearly, he didn't and deep down still doesn't support something that makes his job harder and focuses on "me" and not "team".
Saying it goes against preaching team and bing against it are 2 very different things. You are only see what you want to see. He has made it very clear he is ok with NIL but is not ok with pay for play.

No that is not what he is saying at all. You are confusing NIL with “pay for play” those are two very different things.

The new NIL isn’t hard to understand! It’s the NIL rules that could be confusing because it’s a new rule that deals with players and Money! I believe the new NIL rule and transfer portal combined is very bad for College Football as we have know it in the past!! “ Quinn Ewers “ is an example, He didn’t even play a snap in a game for Ohio State and reclassified his self has a 2021 high school graduate instead of a 2022 graduate. Even though Schools are not allowed to pay their players as an employee, it’s still pay for play regardless. The NIL rule should never be in College sports period!!

The new NIL isn’t hard to understand! It’s the NIL rules that could be confusing because it’s a new rule that deals with players and Money! I believe the new NIL rule and transfer portal combined is very bad for College Football as we have know it in the past!! “ Quinn Ewers “ is an example, He didn’t even play a snap in a game for Ohio State and reclassified his self has a 2021 high school graduate instead of a 2022 graduate. Even though Schools are not allowed to pay their players as an employee, it’s still pay for play regardless. The NIL rule should never be in College sports period!!

No they are not the same at all. A. Universities are not the ones paying and in 1/2 the cases it’s not even boosters. You don’t have to even be a popular football player. A lot of these player already have a following on social media and that is worth a lot. For the Ncaa to tell players they can’t profit off their name while not paying them is unconstitutional as stated by the supreme court and they got this right. You can’t double dip and have it both ways. The transfer portal we could agree on and the NCAA could change that rule. That’s in their power. No one is changing NIL unless it’s SCOTUS. That will not happen anytime soon. NIL is very different than pay for play.

No they are not the same at all. A. Universities are not the ones paying and in 1/2 the cases it’s not even boosters. You don’t have to even be a popular football player. A lot of these player already have a following on social media and that is worth a lot. For the Ncaa to tell players they can’t profit off their name while not paying them is unconstitutional as stated by the supreme court and they got this right. You can’t double dip and have it both ways. The transfer portal we could agree on and the NCAA could change that rule. That’s in their power. No one is changing NIL unless it’s SCOTUS. That will not happen anytime soon. NIL is very different than pay for play.

Call it what you want! Ewers was committed to Texas originally then all of a sudden committed to Ohio state and enrolled early! Shortly after enrolling to Ohio St, the news broke concerning the NIL contract that Ewers signed, “ follow the money “ or pay for play!! I have stated that these universities are not paying these players in this thread!! I have also stated the free education, clothes, food, medical treatment and notoriety of being a college athlete should be all that a College athletes should get in return for being a athlete! The non superstars athletes on every team are getting the same thing when it comes to the Free things mentioned for being a athlete! Dabo is right concerning “ entitlement “, Ewers has already started the negativity concerning the New NIL rule right out of the gate!! Regardless of who is paying, “ Garnet Trust “, these College athletes are being provided for during there playing days while in school and after even if they don’t make it professionally vs the non athlete college student!!

Saying it goes against preaching team and bing against it are 2 very different things. You are only see what you want to see. He has made it very clear he is ok with NIL but is not ok with pay for play.

No, I see it for what it is. It's VERY clear from the statement that he considers it a negative. When you recruit near the top every year, the last thing you want is for something like this to come along that will allow money to become a factor, especially when there are a lot more schools and fan bases with a lot more money. He is only ok with it because he has no choice.

And the discussions about players being paid have always included NIL payments. The discussion around schools paying athlete directly was just about stipends that would supplement their scholarships because some claimed they couldn't even get a minimum wage job to buy a hamburger after the cafeteria closes. Everybody knows and has known that the NIL money will be the biggest impact because it involves the top players that can make or break a program.

No, I see it for what it is. It's VERY clear from the statement that he considers it a negative. When you recruit near the top every year, the last thing you want is for something like this to come along that will allow money to become a factor, especially when there are a lot more schools and fan bases with a lot more money. He is only ok with it because he has no choice.

And the discussions about players being paid have always included NIL payments. The discussion around schools paying athlete directly was just about stipends that would supplement their scholarships because some claimed they couldn't even get a minimum wage job to buy a hamburger after the cafeteria closes. Everybody knows and has known that the NIL money will be the biggest impact because it involves the top players that can make or break a program.

Now Athletes can eat free all year as a scholarship student!! This was a rule that changed several years ago and why schools have hired full time chefs and dietitians for schools student athletes. They don’t need anymore, College athletes eat good and sleep good year round now days!!

Call it what you want! Ewers was committed to Texas originally then all of a sudden committed to Ohio state and enrolled early! Shortly after enrolling to Ohio St, the news broke concerning the NIL contract that Ewers signed, “ follow the money “ or pay for play!! I have stated that these universities are not paying these players in this thread!! I have also stated the free education, clothes, food, medical treatment and notoriety of being a college athlete should be all that a College athletes should get in return for being a athlete! The non superstars athletes on every team are getting the same thing when it comes to the Free things mentioned for being a athlete! Dabo is right concerning “ entitlement “, Ewers has already started the negativity concerning the New NIL rule right out of the gate!! Regardless of who is paying, “ Garnet Trust “, these College athletes are being provided for during there playing days while in school and after even if they don’t make it professionally vs the non athlete college student!!
We can agree to disagree the principle that those things are all these players deserve. We are not going to change each other minds on that. I don’t see it your way. When college football is almost, if not, a 10million dollar industry built on their backs. Also at a cost to their health. They should at least be able to profit off who they are as a person, separate from the university.

Now Athletes can eat free all year as a scholarship student!! This was a rule that changed several years ago and why schools have hired full time chefs and dietitians for schools student athletes. They don’t need anymore, College athletes eat good and sleep good year round now days!!
Got it, so as long as they are fed well, sleep well and are well taken care of they are fairly compensated. All while their Master, I mean university profits and fans are happy.

(That is not a racial reference at all, only slavery. Many ethnicities have been enlslaved since the beginning of time. However the principle was always the same. )

We can agree to disagree on those things are all these players deserve. We are not going to change each other minds.

The bottom line is the New NIL rule “ entitlement “ equals money or pay for play and Qinn Ewers is proof regardless of who he signed his NIL contract with as a High School QB making a decision on what college to attend. Both Texas and Ohio St are blue blood schools with Great history of winning big! Both the NIL and transfer portal rules are bad for College football and entitlement is the word that represents both new rules!!

Got it, so as long as they are fed well, sleep well and are well taken care of they are fairly compensated. All while their Master, I mean university profits and fans are happy.

(That is not a racial reference at all, only slavery. Many ethnicities have been enlslaved since the beginning of time. However the principle was always the same. )

Do you have a chef, dietitian, free name brand clothes and medical treatment at your disposal 24/7? Better yet if you have a college degree, did you have these things while you were earning your degree. Are you in debt because of your college degree?

Do you have a chef, dietitian, free name brand clothes and medical treatment at your disposal 24/7? Better yet if you have a college degree, did you have these things while you were earning your degree. Are you in debt because of your college degree?
No but the school wasn’t making 10’s of millions of dollars off me and my friends either.

I know, but that was the discussion back then, when Dabo was complaining about paying players.

Either way, it was never about school outbidding each other for players. The NCAA was always going to restrict the amount spend. The big threat was from outside money.

But it is very clear that Dabo considers it a negative from this statement about how difficult it has been.

Notre Dame Beat Writer's Tweet (ND AD qoute) on Dabo's Culture Makes Me Wonder about "Love" Cultures​

I think it's all about who can out-love the other programs now. It's a love contest - one of almost total indulgence. The hard-ass approach is a non-starter now.

I think it's all about who can out-love the other programs now. It's a love contest - one of almost total indulgence. The hard-ass approach is a non-starter now.
Agree the hard-ass approach won't work, but some hard-ass realities have worked there way into being de rigueur. Coaches who desire to move out non productive but "loved" players will have to find a way to establish that reality without appearing to break the team wide bond. Meanwhile guys are deciding all the time they don't love their teammates and would love new ones.

Don't get me wrong, you have to use the "love" approach. Now it's a "tough love" approach and will require a special touch.

I think Beamer has that. Other coaches, I don't know.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT