ADVERTISEMENT

Now it's official. UM hires Dan Radakovich

There are alot of dominos falling at Clemson. Will be interesting how it all plays out.

Don't get your hopes up. Unfortunately the goofball who holds all the power is still there and it's his program.
Understand, but there's not going to be another Venables or Radakovich that walk through the door IMO. And they don't have a Watson or Lawrence on campus.

Sorta neat how the big money guys machinated the unpleasantry of getting Cristobal and waited to hire Radokovich so he's clean of all that.

What’s so great about the AD
He's a damn good AD with a helluva good business mind. In hindsight, we should have brought him back here in 2012. I'm not at all uncomfortable saying that he was highly involved in the majority of decisions McGee made when he was AD. He had McGee's ear. He was certainly one of the top 3 under McGee's tutelage.

He's a damn good AD with a helluva good business mind. In hindsight, we should have brought him back here in 2012. I'm not at all uncomfortable saying that he was highly involved in the majority of decisions McGee made when he was AD. He had McGee's ear. He was certainly one of the top 3 under McGee's tutelage.
He was at USC as an associate AD, was hired by GT, I believe, did a good job there, and went to Clempsun. He’s well respected fwiw.

Understand, but there's not going to be another Venables or Radakovich that walk through the door IMO. And they don't have a Watson or Lawrence on campus.
Even Saban doesn’t have to replace the OC and DC and he’s always having turnover, but not that bad. Clemson is going to find themselves in a mess.

Reactions: chief2791
Even Saban doesn’t have to replace the OC and DC and he’s always having turnover, but not that bad. Clemson is going to find themselves in a mess.
Exactly. Dabo is no Saban, and Clemson is no Alabama, no matter if they had success against them a handful of years.

The guy next in line is even better I was told. It's always rosy up in Tatertown!

just to play devils advocate Saban has had to replace both coordinators in 2007 (Applewhite and Kevin Steele), 2017 (Pruitt and Brian Daboll), 2018 (Mike Locksley and Tosh Lupoi), and at the start of this season I believe (Sark i know left) so it's become a rather regular occurrence for him but far from ideal for anyone not Nick Saban.

Radakovich stayed way longer than anyone expected. He is the least of their worries. They already have a replacement in neff. Not to mention dabo gets what he wants so the AD is a mute point imho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT