ADVERTISEMENT

Now that season is over, single biggest play of the year . . . .

legalsizecock

Gold Member
Aug 1, 2000
remains Jamarcus King's interception vs La Tech. Without that play, we very likely lose to La Tech, which could easily have lead to a downward spiral, and dampen recruiting. (Parker White's kick was a game winner, and we were really bad in FG kicking at the time, but it still was basically a chip shot).

By the way, his pick yesterday is in the conversation. For all the criticism thrown his way, I'll miss his big play abilities.

remains Jamarcus King's interception vs La Tech. Without that play, we very likely lose to La Tech, which could easily have lead to a downward spiral, and dampen recruiting. (Parker White's kick was a game winner, and we were really bad in FG kicking at the time, but it still was basically a chip shot).

By the way, his pick yesterday is in the conversation. For all the criticism thrown his way, I'll miss his big play abilities.
Yeah, he really seemed to be feast or famine a lot of his time here. If you think about it though, his feasting probably helped us win more than his famine caused us to lose.

I agree about all of the La Tech comments. Without that win, even if everything else finished the same (no guarantees after a shaky loss), we finish at 7-5, and we likely play in the next lower tier of bowls. With less motivation for a bowl, it could easily have been a loss to a lesser team.

I realize all of this is "coulda-shoulda" kind of speculation. But it's a lot easier to speculate about this loss than it is to speculate "what if we held the lead at A&M". This one was one nervous kicker's shank away from a big loss. So my pick is the kick itself, with an honorable mention to the plays that set it in motion.

I wouldn't say "plays of the year" but I really enjoyed against Mizzou and Michigan when we scored on them twice in a matter of plays and seconds...was thanks to a combo of good ST (Deebo return), Defense (INT and Fumble) and offense (Deebo TD run and Edwards great catch)

Jake's heroics in the Tech game won the game. He was playing like a seasoned NFL pro rather than a soph.

I've said it before, but that comeback was nothing short of miraculous. Sure, it was LaTech but still. Completely different season if we don't come back and get that W.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
Deebo's injury vs UK. I'm elated that our guys soldiered through to a pretty darn decent season, but that game and every one after would have been differently complected with his playing, even Clemson. Imagine the opportunities for Edwards, Hurst et al with everyone keying on DS, frequently to no avail. He's the most substantial Gamecock football player since Rogers.

Reactions: heavycock
He doesnt make this catch and pw doesn't make the fg the team probably tanks and probably doesn't even make a bowl.

This & King's pick vs. them are equal. Those things don't happen, we lost to Louisiana Tech, Muschamp loses the team, & we finish with a losing record.

I'll also remind everyone....dress like a Woods/Bradstard era team, play like a Woods/Bradstard era team.

Reactions: heavycock

The crucial moment - no doubt about it. And not to diminish King's interception yesterday, that was a horrible decision by their quarterback, which I'm glad he made. The play vs. La Tech was athletically better.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT