ADVERTISEMENT

Nyck H

He has all the tools to be a dominate WR. Maybe he just needs more than 2 games with a new QB who it also trying to develop.

Reactions: usc_nc
I just feel like we’re wasting more ELITE talent. Carolina has been FAMOUS for under-utilizing talent. It started with Jared Cook, for me.
Well he isn’t going to play D and he’s not a starter at receiver so it’s hard to say we’re wasting his talent and he sure hasn’t shown he’s elite on the football field!

Reactions: PC31
I just feel like we’re wasting more ELITE talent. Carolina has been FAMOUS for under-utilizing talent. It started with Jared Cook, for me.
He does not want to play D. If you force him to, that will be a quick way to get him on the Portal. They are not under-utilizing anything. They are trying to teach him, and he is going to become a great WR because he has so much talent. But it is not like he was doing it all through HS. It takes time to learn. They are not wasting talent. They are developing talent.

He does not want to play D. If you force him to, that will be a quick way to get him on the Portal. They are not under-utilizing anything. They are trying to teach him, and he is going to become a great WR because he has so much talent. But it is not like he was doing it all through HS. It takes time to learn. They are not wasting talent. They are developing talent.

It's true you can't force him, but a conversation could be had at some point.

If his abilitynto play at the next level is on one side of the ball (IF), then he needs to be working towards that.

Reactions: jonesz21 and usc_nc
Well he isn’t going to play D and he’s not a starter at receiver so it’s hard to say we’re wasting his talent and he sure hasn’t shown he’s elite on the football field!
I still think he would make a great Free-Safety. I mean, you’re 6’5 with ELITE speed and can cover enormous amounts of ground with closing speed.

Reactions: cocks rule
It's true you can't force him, but a conversation could be had at some point.

If his abilitynto play at the next level is on one side of the ball (IF), then he needs to be working towards that.
With all the previous NFL coaches on Beamer's staff, I am sure they have had conversations with him.

Reactions: cockofdawn
It's just not hard to learn to catch the ball. It's just not hard to learn how to run routes. If he is not doing it, it's because he doesn't want to. The hardest thing about being a receiver is reading the defenses and knowing what to do off those reads. Other than that it just isn't that hard. It takes wanting to and it takes intense concentration and blocking everything else out.

It will take awhile to develop. He did not play receiver in HS, if memory serves. Again, there was no spring practice as he was wanting to go to the olympics, but he found out the pro runners have elite speed.

It will take awhile to develop. He did not play receiver in HS, if memory serves. Again, there was no spring practice as he was wanting to go to the olympics, but he found out the pro runners have elite speed.
Yep — he’s very fast but not world-class fast.

Imagine 6'5", 235 with 4.3 speed on a jet sweep. Don't have to be adept at receiving to handle a jet sweep. Bowers did it at UGa and NH is bigger and faster. Or hell, wildcat.

Go routes, they have to respect his speed - the CB and safeties will be back to protect against the big play. Then hit him on a 20 yard curl/come back. rinse and repeat.

Reactions: usc_nc
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT