ADVERTISEMENT

O-line fails us in the end

USF's could have failed them had we attempted to blitz on it. I just don't understand not trying.

Yes, the O-line failed, but the defense didn't do them any favors. Overall, when you score 39 points, you should expect to win. So, while there's plenty of blame to go around for this loss, I have a hard time pinning most of it on an offensive unit.

Yes, the O-line failed, but the defense didn't do them any favors. Overall, when you score 39 points, you should expect to win. So, while there's plenty of blame to go around for this loss, I have a hard time pinning most of it on an offensive unit.

Not when you have 5 turnovers on offense, including a pick 6.

And to think that Elliot turned that horrendous coaching job into a head coach offer

Think he had a connection to the AD there. Who knows he may turn out to be a better head coach. Look at Dumbo. Even though SE was bad here I wish him luck

I doubt it. But you are right. He got the job because of his friendship with the AD from their days at App. A few other guys out there that would have been better candidates in my opinion, but knowing the right person is the key to many jobs

USF's could have failed them had we attempted to blitz on it. I just don't understand not trying.
It's hard to blitz on a team that has an offensive line the pulls a lot, so that may have been the issue.

But you still have to pressure some how. We need pass rushers

Calling 2 running plays in overtime from the 12 yard line was about as stupid as anything I've seen in awhile. Offensive line got very little push all day ( took 3 plays to score from the 2 yard line) against one of the worst defenses in Division 1. Should have rolled Bentley out and passed all 4 downs if necessary. Running put him in bad hole on 3rd and 4th and 6.

Calling 2 running plays in overtime from the 12 yard line was about as stupid as anything I've seen in awhile. Offensive line got very little push all day ( took 3 plays to score from the 2 yard line) against one of the worst defenses in Division 1. Should have rolled Bentley out and passed all 4 downs if necessary. Running put him in bad hole on 3rd and 4th and 6.
This was my exact thought. We didn't handle their pass rush in obvious passing situations all day and we decide to run on first and second down. Then everyone knew we had to pass and sure enough their pass rush got us again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT