ADVERTISEMENT

Odds for CFB coaches getting fired...

PC31

Gold Member
Apr 30, 2005

Interesting odds for which coaches will get fired first. Some are hard to believe.

Helton (USC) +550
Ash (Rutgers) +600
Smith (Illinois) +900
Malzahn (Auburn) +1000
Sitake (BYU) +1200
Orgeron (LSU) +1400
Fuente (VTech) +1400
Taggart (FSU) +1600
Gundy (Ok State) +1600
Allen (Indiana

Malzhan or Helton are the only coaches I could see getting fired before the season is over(without a scandal).

I can't see Orgeron or Fuente or even Gundy going for anything short of a disaster season.

Both Malzhan and Orgeron would be the two I would bet on with Taggart being right behind them.

Helton has to be in your top 2. If So.Cal doesn't win the PAC he is canned for sure. So.cal is going to want to fire early so they can get first dibs on the coaching search.

Reactions: PC31
I'm surprised Gundy is even on the list. I thought he was doing a good job at Ok. State.

Last edited:
Fuente is an interesting value bet at +1400. Some talk that he’s lost that team. They were lucky to win 6 last year. Losing to Old Dominion is reminiscent of Muschamp’s loss to Georgia Southern, when he sort of lost eveyone’s good will. Beamer’s recruits are gone. Bud Foster is on the way out. He drops 7 or 8 games, he might be gone.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Helton has to be in your top 2. If So.Cal doesn't win the PAC he is canned for sure. So.cal is going to want to fire early so they can get first dibs on the coaching search.

You are probably right about Helton at Southern Cow but I just don't follow those teams on the left coast enough to know very much about them.

Last edited:

Interesting odds for which coaches will get fired first. Some are hard to believe.

Helton (USC) +550
Ash (Rutgers) +600
Smith (Illinois) +900
Malzahn (Auburn) +1000
Sitake (BYU) +1200
Orgeron (LSU) +1400
Fuente (VTech) +1400
Taggart (FSU) +1600
Gundy (Ok State) +1600
Allen (Indiana

CFB coaches don't really get fired; they get early retirement packages.

I'm surprised that Gundy is even on the list. I thought he was doing a good job at Ok. State.

Might be his mullet. There's probably an ordinance out there against that sort of thing, even in Oklahoma.

Actually, I like Gundy. Think he's a pretty good football coach, mullet or no mullet.

Yeah. Thank goodness Muschamp doesnt have any additional pressure due to a rival's success.

Despite Gundy being owned by his rivals (2-11), I think we would take an SEC title, 2 east championships, 4 10-3 seasons, an 11-2 and a 12-1 season in 13 years from Muschamp.

On 2nd thought 2-11 would suck.

Already got ol’ ‘Retiring Urban’ waiting in the wings. Fire when ready!

Helton is gone unless he walks on Water . Think Gus is next and Coach O will be in hot water but I think he gets another year simply because he recruits like a madman and Louisiana is full of HS talent . They will give him at least another year . I think Derek Mason has to be on the list also . Franklin left Vandy in as good shape as it ever has been and Mason dropped the ball . Will be interesting to see .

Helton is gone unless he walks on Water . Think Gus is next and Coach O will be in hot water but I think he gets another year simply because he recruits like a madman and Louisiana is full of HS talent . They will give him at least another year . I think Derek Mason has to be on the list also . Franklin left Vandy in as good shape as it ever has been and Mason dropped the ball . Will be interesting to see .

It will be interesting but I think Vandy will give Mason more time if he keeps going to bowls.

If Gus loses Saturday night his seat will be white hot. The only way for him to hold on will be to run the table which will not happen. Helton is done especially with the Urban rumors floating around there. Taggart will get another year. Fuente will get another year. There has to be big candidates out there before hammers start falling.

Reactions: rogue cock and PC31
While Fuente might be on the hot seat given his situation and expectations of the fan base, suggesting he's been less successful or somehow on a worse trajectory than Muschamp is wrong. Fuente still would have been a great hire for South Carolina, and perhaps the better hire.

Since 2015, Fuente has a double digital win season under his belt. A division title. He has four times as many wins against ranked opponents as Muschamp. And he's played Clemson close twice. Even his disaster season in 2018 saw them beat two ranked teams, beat their in-state rivals and make a bowl game appearance.

Taggart has been pretty much an unmitigated disaster.

I'm surprised Gundy is even on the list. I thought he was doing a good job at Ok. State.
They believe that they ought to be able to make the playoffs if Oklahoma can. They want more. That's the way they ought to be thinking and that's what they ought to be wanting. Other than Auburn, no one is in the position Oklahoma State is in to a greater extent than we are. And we'll have to start thinking as they do if we ever want to turn the tables.

Vandy likes Mason. They don't care about winning. If they fire Mason they'll have to spend major cash. Vandy hates spending money.

They believe that they ought to be able to make the playoffs if Oklahoma can. They want more. That's the way they ought to be thinking and that's what they ought to be wanting. Other than Auburn, no one is in the position Oklahoma State is in to a greater extent than we are. And we'll have to start thinking as they do if we ever want to turn the tables.
Exactly, our Administration and BOD need to wake up. Up your game or get out of the game. You can't fake it and pretend you want to catch up. Do what's required to win big or stop leading the fans on. I'm sick of losing to Clemons. I want SEC championship s and Nationals. If those are the goals, commit to it and get it done.

Willie Taggart +1600.

Only year 2 but FSU was terrible last season and they desperately need to right the ship at this point.

Nice guy but in 8 years of head coaching, one good year.

They finish under .500 or below again, anticipate quick exit.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT