ADVERTISEMENT

Offense is the only way for us to compete...

vidaliagamecock

Nov 20, 2001
Ole Miss and Mississippi State are more our peers than Tennessee, Florida, or Georgia. We just need to go hire someone who does offense exceptionally. Why? Because every so often you get a decent defense that can keep you in big games. I'd pay Lane Kiffin 8 million a year. I don't care who gasses up his car.

Beamer has been a disappointment with the type of offense he runs here. There's no resemblance to what was run at Oklahoma.

Beamer has been a disappointment with the type of offense he runs here. There's no resemblance to what was run at Oklahoma.
Do we know what type of offense he wants to run here? What identity he wants to move toward? If he's mentioned it, I missed it... and I can't tell by looking at it.

To be fair, thats what the idea was when USC hired Brad Scott who was FSU's offensive coordinator when they were a juggernaut in the 90s. It was regarded at the time as a cant miss hire...
Count me as one of the fools that bought & spread the Brad Scott hype. Lesson painfully learned. 😳

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
All I want to see from Beamer is progress from one year to the next. Right now we have not progressed this season. Our offense is just as bad as it was last year with a grad assist playing quarterback. Rattler has been a huge disappointment through ten games.
No disrespect to Rattler, whatsoever, even though I am totally aware that he is not a Fan Favorite.

In my opinion, while the Transfer Portal is a tool that must be learned, to be used effectively, it will never be the program changer many fans seem to be hoping for. Rattler, a 5 star, and his teammate tight end, Stogner, played together & had experiece and have they really made any difference? Look at all the "Huge Get"s who transferred here but, seldom see the field or live up to the hype. Yeah, every once in a blue moon that 'missing piece' will portal to ColaTown, for what??? A year??? And the "Doty type' player rides the pine for a year instead of getting game experience.

Sorry,.... My point is, the portal is only going to extend the time period it takes to rebuild the program.
6-6, year after year, leaves little wiggly room for patience.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT