ADVERTISEMENT

OFFENSE LINE

Need to change blocking schemes or maybe it's too late for this year. Our Oline is incapable of communication and understanding who to block. It needs to be simplified for our current group of guys.

We gave up 3 sacks to that defense. Compare to Clemson who gave up 7.

yeah, our online has not looked good this year but they are under their third offensive coordinator and scheme in 3 years.

will they be great this year? No. Can they be decent by mid season? Possibly. Hopefully.

When our linemen whiff they look like they are wearing these:

iu

The OC needs to adjust during the game. If they are getting that much pressure you have to roll the pocket and we didnt set up enough screens.

Reactions: Dizzy01
Need to change blocking schemes or maybe it's too late for this year. Our Oline is incapable of communication and understanding who to block. It needs to be simplified for our current group of guys.
I think we will be better off if the coach would just tell them to just push whoever is in front of them.have the rb pick up anybody that come through.

Reactions: 55vett
I have to wonder if Friend had stayed here to coach OL. That being said, I believe we are big enough, just not getting coached up. Wonnum, our highest rated lineman has regressed horribly.
One game, an anomaly. Two games, a trend. Three games, it’s a legit problem.

Reactions: rogue cock
Part of the problem seems to be with whoever is calling the protections as well. The guys seem to be constantly shifting the same direction and it seems highly unlikely the gameplay would be to go left almost every play.

Reactions: rogue cock
I'm lost for words. You try to throw out of the end zone and have not blocked all night long. Unreal!
We need to come out in second half and get the Brown to Jenkins combo going
His one play he ran for his life and threw the ball away. Thought for sure he was going to be sacked
Exactly, but he and Jenkins are good for 1-2 scores a game due to their "connection", isn't that right runtheball....we could have used those 2 TD combos per game that we are failing to see last night for sure!

Exactly, but he and Jenkins are good for 1-2 scores a game due to their "connection", isn't that right runtheball....we could have used those 2 TD combos per game that we are failing to see last night for sure!
They pass the eye test!
Online-exam-blog-Image-3.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Legendary Cock

Yeah and your Zeb and Doty miss wide open recievers their not accurate. Doty missed several throws even when he had time. JB and EJ connection go watch their footage .I know you have problems with that.

What the Coaches are doing is not passing the eye test. Would you say...Have Zeb and Doty passed your eye test yet LOL! Can't hit an open recievers .

Last edited:
Yeah and your Zeb and Doty miss wide open recievers their not accurate. Doty missed several throws even when he had time. JB and EJ connection go watch their footage .I know you have problems with that.
Yea that connection at the FCS powerhouse (who none of us had probably heard of) translates well to the SEC, Georgia had to be shaking in their boots hoping we wouldn't trot that lethal combo out on em.

Last edited:
They whiffed on some things tonight for sure yet at the end we had more total offense than we did last year against UGA. UGA had also given up 353 yards combined against Clemson and UAB and we had 296 tonight. The oline play absolutely has room to improve and maybe I’m being overly optimistic but I expect things to improve with Doty under center. Add in the threat of the QB run and the ability to pass downfield and all of a sudden defenses aren’t playing a one dimensional team.
I don't believe UGA played their backups for most of the 4th quarter against clemsux.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT