ADVERTISEMENT

Official Apology to FM

feartheplume

Feb 14, 2012
I would like to formally apologize to our coach. I have repeatedly questioned you and the state of our program publicly. I do not agree with your defensive philosophy and probably never will. However, you have earned an eternal free pass from any complaining from me for giving many gamecock fans the experience of a lifetime.

Also owe a small apology to Dozier for MFing him throughout the season during his late slump and shooting woes. He plays is butt off, as do the rest of the players.

Go Cocks.

I don't understand why you disagree with his defensive philosophy? Hey I hear you man, I think we have all had our frustrating moments and probably hurled some nasty remarks at the TV while watching games... But most of mine were pointed at the lack of OFFENSE, not our defensive philosophy... that defense was the only thing keeping games close even when we struggled!

Reactions: myrtlecock
I don't understand why you disagree with his defensive philosophy? Hey I hear you man, I think we have all had our frustrating moments and probably hurled some nasty remarks at the TV while watching games... But most of mine were pointed at the lack of OFFENSE, not our defensive philosophy... that defense was the only thing keeping games close even when we struggled!

Just didnt think we had the athletes to deny every pass all the time. Do vulnerable to dribble penetration, which leads to wideopen kickout 3s, and foul trouble because of the constant need for off the ball help and rotations. Also didnt think it would be successful playing top level guards that can beat us off the dribble when we try to pressure the ball 1 on 1 at half court. Not saying it cant be successful, just didnt think we had the people to do it.

Agree with you tho, making shots cures all ills.

Criticism when things aren't going well is part of coaching - and playing.

Can't say that is not true. The degree of said criticism is what determines how you look saying it. To critique is one thing, to insult another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT