ADVERTISEMENT

Official: Gamecocks vs Cavaliers in Belk Bowl

Embarrassing...literally the only matchup I didn’t want. We get to play a lacrosse school...yayyyy!

Hate to tell you guys, this was this is probably the best Virginia football team in several years. Hopefully we still win but they aren't as bad as they have been.

At least we're not going somewhere and playing a mid-major like UConn and getting our butts beat.

Hate to tell you guys, this was this is probably the best Virginia football team in several years. Hopefully we still win but they aren't as bad as they have been.

At least we're not going somewhere and playing a mid-major like UConn and getting our butts beat.

Duke or Miami are probably their best wins. Virginia has been horrible for a while. It’s true it’s their best team in a while but they’ve also been horrible for a long time too.

Reactions: myrtlecock
Don’t think it’s embarrassing but definitely won’t be on anyone’s list of must watch games. We just need to take care of business.

Nah you’re right...Muschamps third year in and we’re playing an ACC school that lost to Indiana in our bowl game. If that doesn’t scream progress I don’t know what does.

Well of course it’s the best UVA team in years. 1st Bowl game since 2011. We have better players. Just have to get the job done, which we all know isn’t ever easy to do. It’ll be a dogfight.

We need a bowl game that we can win and keep building our program on. This won't be a cakewalk but it's a matchup that I like our chances IF we come ready to play. USC needs bowl wins and I think this will finally put us in double digits if we win this one.

We need a bowl game that we can win and keep building our program on. This won't be a cakewalk but it's a matchup that I like our chances IF we come ready to play. USC needs bowl wins and I think this will finally put us in double digits if we win this one.

Agree. If we play well this should be a W. And we need one as a program builder.

UVA faded down the stretch this season. I watched them twice, and was not too impressed. Of course their fans could have watched two of our games this year and felt the same way?

Assuming our injured players on D are back healthy, we should win by at least 10 points, easy. I watched the UVA/VT game. They are middle of the pack ACC. SEC teams like Vandy and above wouldn't have much trouble with them. A healthy D and our receivers having a good day, like against the taters, and this will be a victory by a large margin. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and not be like yesterday.

Assuming our injured players on D are back healthy, we should win by at least 10 points, easy. I watched the UVA/VT game. They are middle of the pack ACC. SEC teams like Vandy and above wouldn't have much trouble with them. A healthy D and our receivers having a good day, like against the taters, and this will be a victory by a large margin. Hopefully, the weather will cooperate and not be like yesterday.
They won't all be back; several are out for the year. Maybe Wonnum can play. Or is he saving himself for the draft? Plus, we lost an offensive lineman for the year in this hack game yesterday.

Bailey will miss the bowl game; should be OK for preparing to start his NFL career.

He is considered one of the best professional prospects on USC’s roster.

Not sure what to think. The competitive part of me wants a better team to play against, but the common sense part says we just need a win to keep up the good mojo. The team seemed to get their groove as the season ended.

Playing a middle-bottom tier ACC school should be an easy win, but if we lose then I will be furious. Almost seems like a lose-lose, apart from the extra practices our players will get, so they can get coached up by Champ and the boys

Damn, some of you are whiny little children. We’re in a freaking bowl for the third year in a row. And we will get better. Let’s just win the bowl game and get ready for next year.
This is the home of whiny little kids.

It is not a bad match up. If we had taken care of business against UF, we would be in a better bowl. You gotta play the hand you are dealt.

I am kind of looking forward to it myself. I remember years ago when we beat UVA something like 30-0 and we took over their stadium. It was awesome, the stands looked like a USC home game.

Reactions: gamecockblack
It is not a bad match up. If we had taken care of business against UF, we would be in a better bowl. You gotta play the hand you are dealt.

I am kind of looking forward to it myself. I remember years ago when we beat UVA something like 30-0 and we took over their stadium. It was awesome, the stands looked like a USC home game.
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOh, we crapped the bed at Florida.

Damn, some of you are whiny little children. We’re in a freaking bowl for the third year in a row. And we will get better. Let’s just win the bowl game and get ready for next year.

This is the home of whiny little kids.

Yes, while our arch rivals compete for playoff spots on an annual basis, we should be thrilled by a bowl invitation against an ACC team that hasn’t won a conference game in over a month. Participation trophy’s FTW.

Listen, our trajectory is heading upwards...but you can’t realistically expect fans to be thrilled with this.

The only better bowl I think we would have got (Gator) would have still matched us up with an ACC team (NC State). I'd just as much assume to kick the crap out of UVA and get a trophy and be content on building our bowl game overall record.

Reactions: gamecockblack
One thing is for sure here on the FGF....
According to the usual suspects Carolina always sucks and the opponent always sucks and the Bowl always sucks and Muschamp always sucks and on and on and on.
Bitching and crying is the specialty of the usual suspects here.
Congratulations on the bowl game Carolina! Well earned.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT