ADVERTISEMENT

Ok Beamer, 1st order of business: RECRUIT CHARLOTTE AREA players

TN-Gamecock

May 10, 2002
Erwin, TN/Originally from Greer
Charlotte has to be a primary recruiting area for us....Along with Charlotte, Atlanta, all of SC, metro DC and the state of Florida.

Maybe with name recognition he will be able to snag a few in Virginia. We did well for a while in Tennessee but that seems to have dropped off.

We have also done well with Alabama players in the past.

Reactions: vidaliagamecock
Agree with this....but don't know why everyone wants the DMV area so much. I understand Beamer will have some ties in VA especially and DMV overall....but beyond the Charlotte "diamond" and state itself....GA still has to be the lifeblood of recruiting. FL and AL some too...but to me DMV is down that list a good ways.

I would like for us to still recruit Nashville & Memphis HARD!!!! Amari Rogers and Tee Higgins are both from metro Knoxville and look what they've done for Clemson. Knoxville may be harder to recruit because of UT/Clemson...but once you get to the central (Nashville) and western (Memphis) part of the state, we seem to have done much better...

What has happened to the talent in SC? Seems like years ago, even before Lattimore, Gilmore, Clowney, Jeffery, etc, SC was in the top 10 of players in the nfl per capita. Seems like the talent level has dipped tremendously over the last 5 years or more

He knows Charlotte area. We got a LOT of talent out of Rock Hill/ Ft Mill when he was here and just after.. he did not burn those numbers. I am probably most excited to see what he does in recruiting.. It was great when he was our recruiting coordinator.

He knows Charlotte area. We got a LOT of talent out of Rock Hill/ Ft Mill when he was here and just after.. he did not burn those numbers. I am probably most excited to see what he does in recruiting.. It was great when he was our recruiting coordinator.
Mack at UNC has shut down the state of North Carolina, and the talent in SC has dried up, that is a major blow to our recruiting hopes. We just are not able to recruit nationally against the big established schools.

Reactions: cadcock
Let Beamer's infectious persona play out in those areas. And I agree, Charlotte is a big key. It is closer to USC than any other major college program and a huge metro area.

I would like for us to still recruit Nashville & Memphis HARD!!!! Amari Rogers and Tee Higgins are both from metro Knoxville and look what they've done for Clemson. Knoxville may be harder to recruit because of UT/Clemson...but once you get to the central (Nashville) and western (Memphis) part of the state, we seem to have done much better...
A lot of SEC schools recruit Memphis....that is a tough area to break into.

Charlotte has to be a primary recruiting area for us....Along with Charlotte, Atlanta, all of SC, metro DC and the state of Florida.

Maybe with name recognition he will be able to snag a few in Virginia. We did well for a while in Tennessee but that seems to have dropped off.

The formula during our best years was to get the best out of SC, 4 or 5 of top 15 in NC, cherry pick out of Ga and Florida and sprinkle one or two from elsewhere and develop them. Muschamp never got to step 2.

Reactions: 67gamecock

While the DMV is nice the tidewater is where the real talent in VA sits...got a pile of guys from that area who are old enough to have played for his dad at VA tech....and now have kids coming through the cycle. Go get em

My hope is, he pulls a Mack Brown....After Brown was hired, he flipped some recruits back to UNC like the quarterback who was committed to FSU...I'm hoping he flips the kid from Gaffney that committed to UGA back to us as well as Nesbitt from Charlotte. We'll see.

My hope is, he pulls a Mack Brown....After Brown was hired, he flipped some recruits back to UNC like the quarterback who was committed to FSU...I'm hoping he flips the kid from Gaffney that committed to UGA back to us as well as Nesbitt from Charlotte. We'll see.

Mack and Shane are not exactly in the same category. I think people need to guard their expectations. Shane and his staff are going to have to start winning on the field before many people are going to believe things are different. Not much he will be able to do in this class given the timing and restrictions with Covid.

He needs to focus on getting his team to rally together and change the culture. Go win some games next year and kids will start buying what he is selling.

Gonna be hard with only 9 days before the Early Singing Day and spending time in Norman to make sure Lincoln Riley’s TEs stay coached up.

• Haha
Reactions: GCDC1959
He can try Rock Hill, although there aren't any Clowney's or Gilmore's coming through these days. Fort Mill? Just not many talented football players in Ft Mill these days. And there is a problem in NC that USC didn't have when Spurrier was here. Mack Brown. He has really put an emphasis on the home state and is getting pretty much what he wants with the exception of when the shingle schools come in after any 5 stars.

Let’s not get ahead of our skis.

Like it or not, Clemson recruits nationally now because SC has slim pickings, UNC has locked up NC, UGA has Georgia locked down GA along with Ga/SC Clemson Tigers & Florida is back. It is going to be some tough sledding even if Shane could sell ice to Eskimos.

Let’s not get ahead of our skis.

Like it or not, Clemson recruits nationally now because SC has slim pickings, UNC has locked up NC, UGA has Georgia locked down GA along with Ga/SC Clemson Tigers & Florida is back. It is going to be some tough sledding even if Shane could sell ice to Eskimos.
The top 2 in NC are Clemson leans, and those are the only two Clemson has offerred....so to say Mack Brown has the state locked is not true...it's more like he has it locked after Clemson leaves....if Clemson focused on the top 10 in NC instead of going nationally...we would be saying Clemson has NC locked down.....Mack Brown does not beat Dabo in recruiting anywhere...

Reactions: michaelgpierce21
The formula during our best years was to get the best out of SC, 4 or 5 of top 15 in NC, cherry pick out of Ga and Florida and sprinkle one or two from elsewhere and develop them. Muschamp never got to step 2.

. . . and this from a man who some considered a GREAT college football recruiter. Maybe our geography of recruiting was too hard for him to grasp.

Mack will never be able to lock down the state because the big time programs will always come in and get some, however I do think he did pretty well taking 11 of the top 20 in NC.

. . . and this from a man who some considered a GREAT college football recruiter. Maybe our geography of recruiting was too hard for him to grasp.
Muschamp recruited talent. There were 2 big problems. The offense never had an identity, so the talent didn't fit and wasn't capable of doing whatever the staff needed to be done. Problem 2 relates to Problem 1, development of players here was terrible under Muschamp.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT