ADVERTISEMENT

OK, Chad Holbrook & Frank Martin.......

Rod Dangerfield

Jan 12, 2010
The fate of the university's athletics state of mind is in your hands.

First Holbrook........

you must win the college world series in 2017-------anything less is unacceptable

Martin...........

you have 2 options

1-win either the 2016-2017 SEC regular season or conference tournament + advance to the Sweet 16

or

2-get the Cocks to the 2017 Men's Final Four

Now go out there & do it!!

First Holbrook........

you must win the college world series in 2017-------anything less is unacceptable

Martin...........

you have 2 options

1-win either the 2016-2017 SEC regular season or conference tournament + advance to the Sweet 16

or

Heh

I'll be happy if we can make the CWS this year and basketball makes it to the elite 8.
Or CWS finals and sweet 16.

Rod Dangerfield calm down a bit pal...I want our teams to do well..But your assertions may be over the top

Reactions: atl-cock
Football is football.....but the really sad thing is I'd be ecstatic to take baseball from the Taters this year. That is unacceptable for the Yardcox

Reactions: RaginRooster
It's still early in 2017, but we have a nominee for the dumbest post of the year! Congrats!
Good thing you weren't in charge in the Mid-2000s or you would have fired Tanner after not making CWS for several years. You probably would have fired Spurrier after year 3 before the 11 win seasons. And you probably would have fired Staley after a few years, too.
Idiocy at its finest. You probably want to fire Saban, too.

First Holbrook........

Martin...........

you have 2 options

or

We have not won an NCAA game in over 40 years and now just because Clemson has won a national championship in football you require the USC basketball coach to do something that has never been done in the history of the school. You should just crawl back under the bridge and have another drink.

Reactions: atl-cock
We have not won an NCAA game in over 40 years and now just because Clemson has won a national championship in football you require the USC basketball coach to do something that has never been done in the history of the school. You should just crawl back under the bridge and have another drink.
It's still early in 2017, but we have a nominee for the dumbest post of the year! Congrats!
Good thing you weren't in charge in the Mid-2000s or you would have fired Tanner after not making CWS for several years. You probably would have fired Spurrier after year 3 before the 11 win seasons. And you probably would have fired Staley after a few years, too.
Idiocy at its finest. You probably want to fire Saban, too.
Where in his post did he say he wanted anyone fired? I had to go back and re-read it to make sure but I don't see the word "fire" anywhere.

Reactions: RaginRooster
What does unacceptable mean? That the coaches should be fired if they don't meet those goals? That is idiotic.

I'm not here to teach reading comprehension.

In the mid-2000s, I would not have even thought of firing Tanner because we were not in the middle of the worst stretches in our athletic department's history.

Our bitter & hated rival just won the national championship, after defeating us 56-freakin' 7! Our basketball team, that had risen to the top 15, was hamstrung by "athletic department policy," then lost 3 of 6, including a HOME LOSS to hated Clem!!

I would not have fired Spurrier after year 3 because he was 1-2 vs. Clem & had shown progress, plus............all of the terrible crap I just mentioned was not happening.

Staley......she's the women's basketball coach. In the grand scheme, that sport is an "oh, they play that?"

What imbeciles like some of you don't understand is.....we need something great to happen, & we needed it yesterday!! We need our baseball program, that was once the premiere program in the land, to return to it NOW! We need something so great to happen in men's basketball, that it helps to take our mind off the prison rape administered to us by Clem just before they won the whole effing thing!!!! Get it now?!

Last edited:
I would feel much better about the state of our athletics if we bring in a great recruiting class in football, win at least one game in the NCAA tournament, win the baseball series against Clemson and at least make the College World Series. All of those are achievable.

Now if we win the College World Series and make it to the Final Four.....yes, I wouldn't just feel great about athletic program...I would be ecstatic.

In the mid-2000s, I would not have even thought of firing Tanner because we were not in the middle of the worst stretches in our athletic department's history.

Our bitter & hated rival just won the national championship, after defeating us 56-freakin' 7! Our basketball team, that had risen to the top 15, was hamstrung by "athletic department policy, then lost 3 of 6, including a HOME LOSS to hated Clem!!

I would not have fired Spurrier after year 3 because he was 1-2 vs. Clem & had shown progress, plus............all of the terrible crap I just mentioned was not happening.

Staley......she's the women's basketball coach. In the grand scheme, that sport is an "oh, they play that?"

What imbeciles like some of you don't understand is.....we need something great to happen, & we needed it yesterday!! We need our baseball program, that was once the premiere program in the land, to return to it NOW! We need something so great to happen in men's basketball, that it helps to take our mind off the prison rape administered to us by Clem just before they won the whole effing thing!!!! Get it now?!
If unacceptable does not mean that they should be fired, what does unacceptable mean? What else would you do to them if you did not fire them if they did not meet your goals? Send them a letter of reprimand?

First Holbrook........

Martin...........

you have 2 options

or

Martin and/or Tanner - whoever the hell was in charge - should have ended Thornwell's suspension in time for the UPC game. Gamecock Nation sorely needed a win in that game. I don't support any decision that might conceivably cost us a win over UPC in any sport at any time if it is a plainly discretionary decision, which plainly this was. If they can bring a man back one game later, then they can bring a man back one game sooner.

Martin and/or Tanner - whoever the hell was in charge - should have ended Thornwell's suspension in time for the UPC game. Gamecock Nation sorely needed a win in that game. I don't support any decision that might conceivably cost us a win over UPC in any sport at any time if it is a plainly discretionary decision, which plainly this was. If they can bring a man back one game later, then they can bring a man back one game sooner.
This is kinda solidifying why you want to give 'Dabo Swinney' his 'due' in another thread. Dabo Swinney bends the rules when it suits him. It sounds like you would like our administration to do the same.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
If unacceptable does not mean that they should be fired, what does unacceptable mean? What else would you do to them if you did not fire them if they did not meet your goals? Send them a letter of reprimand?
we could always tweet how much we love Clemson. Oh wait we already did that.

The basketball team is definitely looking Sweet 16 worthy and once you're in the Regionals, anything can happen. Watching the big dance this year will be more fun than usual :D

This is kinda solidifying why you want to give 'Dabo Swinney' his 'due' in another thread. Dabo Swinney bends the rules when it suits him. It sounds like you would like our administration to do the same.
What rules are you talking about? What codified rule said he had to be suspended x number of games? Like I said - discretionary.

Unacceptable: not satisfactory or allowable

They would have to issue public apologies to the Carolina boosters & alumni.

Post of the week nominee!

I'd like to co-sign & sponsor it.

Dabo Swinney bends the rules when it suits him. It sounds like you would like our administration to do the same.

I personally would like for our administration to follow the winning policy of Clem & SMU from the late 70s & early 80s.

What rules are you talking about? What codified rule said he had to be suspended x number of games? Like I said - discretionary.
Are you upset because of X number of days? Dabo only suspended a Clempson player 3 games after being caught with cocaine. It's never been officially reported what happen. Maybe it was serious enough that could have jeopardized the whole basketball season. Judgement from the peanut gallery doesn't solve/resolve anything.

Unacceptable: not satisfactory or allowable

They would have to issue public apologies to the Carolina boosters & alumni.

Post of the week nominee!

I'd like to co-sign & sponsor it.

I personally would like for our administration to follow the winning policy of Clem & SMU from the late 70s & early 80s.
And what are you going to do/say if South Carolina is caught in a scandal and given the death penalty?

Are you upset because of X number of days? Dabo only suspended a Clempson player 3 games after being caught with cocaine. It's never been officially reported what happen. Maybe it was serious enough that could have jeopardized the whole basketball season. Judgement from the peanut gallery doesn't solve/resolve anything.
Whatever it was, it was discretionary. It involved multiple games anyway. I'm stating my wish that it had been one less game because of my view of what the fan base needed and wanted at the time. I don't give a crap what anyone else did anyplace else. I'm not even aware of those things most of the time.

And what are you going to do/say if South Carolina is caught in a scandal and given the death penalty?

Death penalty will never be administered again. Never. NCAA won't do that to a school again.

If we're caught & sanctioned.....oh well. Sure will be nice looking at the trophy case during those probation years.

Death penalty will never be administered again. Never. NCAA won't do that to a school again.

If we're caught & sanctioned.....oh well. Sure will be nice looking at the trophy case during those probation years.
After seeing the garbage that is happening (or not happening with UNC)... I believe that.

Whatever it was, it was discretionary. It involved multiple games anyway. I'm stating my wish that it had been one less game because of my view of what the fan base needed and wanted at the time. I don't give a crap what anyone else did anyplace else. I'm not even aware of those things most of the time.
I agree with you to a point except that.... since we don't know all the facts... he could be getting off easy. It might have been more serious than we know and we are lucky to get him back at all.

Hell Rod I've got a way to infiltrate the opposing coaches headsets. Should I pass this on to Tanner?

Hell Rod I've got a way to infiltrate the opposing coaches headsets. Should I pass this on to Tanner?
I'm positive if given enough time that I could come up with a program that could scan the formation of an opposing team and quickly give you the % of what play they are running given historics.

I'm positive if given enough time that I could come up with a program that could scan the formation of an opposing team and quickly give you the % of what play they are running given historics.
Let's get on it then!

it think at minimum, I would like to see at least one tournament win in men's basketball, the final four in women's basketball, a series win over Clemson in baseball, and a world series trip also in baseball.

Our bitter & hated rival just won the national championship, after defeating us 56-freakin' 7! Our basketball team, that had risen to the top 15, was hamstrung by "athletic department policy," then lost 3 of 6, including a HOME LOSS to hated Clem!!

So, just to be clear... It's just important for you that USC wins in your favorite sports? Football is obviously the money-maker. Baseball is non-revenue as are the 2 basketball teams. (I had this conversation with an administrator at at GC event). As much as I enjoy baseball, most of the college athletics fans around the country do not. Yeah, I want them to beat Clemson and get to the CWS, I'm also smart enough to know that losing one series doesn't mean as much in a 50+ game schedule. Getting to CWS isn't easy. Good teams get to the postseason, and then it's a matter of who is playing the best at the right time. I thought baseball had a terrific season last year. Lost a series at the end of the year in Supers. Supers are nothing to sneeze at. I thought that was a huge turnaround for a team that didn't make postseason the year before.

As for those that think the administration hamstrung men's hoops with the Sin situatiuon... no. Sin hamstrung his team by doing something that he knew was against the rules and what the consequences would be. I've seen many people on this board call out coaches from other teams for NOT disciplining a kid for breaking rules and how much B.S. it is for a team to suspend a kid from a game vs. SC State, instead of a game that matters. It's pretty cut and dry, that's why you have rules.

You mentioned progress with football. Did you not see progress in year 1 with Muschamp? Did you expect him to win 10 games with the talent that he was left? Do you think a program with 100+ years of a tradition of mediocrity (save those 11 win seasons) will suddenly get 5 star kids? You would have fired Dabo after year 2 or 3 because he kept losing to USC!!! The worst thing to happen to USC football was when SOS made Jr. in charge of recruiting, but SOS did show us it IS possible to win hear. Not going to happen overnight.

So to wrap up, if all you care about is FB, MBB, Baseball....
FB - we can agree or disagree about whether Muschamp is the right guy (I think he can be), but I think you have to agree it's not going to happen fast.
MBB - Based on the last couple of years, I think program is in good shape... as long as the kids (not adminsistrators) quit screwing up.
BASE - Team is talented. Went to Supers last year. Barring injuries, they should have the talent to make a run this year. Will they make CWS? Who knows. Plenty of top 5 teams get beat in Supers etc. That's baseball, but I don't see a lot of game day gaffs that tell me CH is a bad coach.

Reactions: USC-1

And STERNLY WORDED no less! ;)

Shouldn't you be in tears over Carl Edwards? Maybe even massaging his right & left buttock?
In tears for what? I've still got a job!
Carl will be fine. Guess he will have to make due with his Jet Airplane, Mansion and beautiful family. How bout you ? You gonna be ok little fella?

First Holbrook........

Martin...........

you have 2 options

or

Am I seeing things. There's no demand for Ray Tanner in here. He usually always gets lumped into these "the sky is falling" posts.

No, DA! Coaches on our football staff that have previously coached @ Auburn!

Nothing else matters.

"Nothing else matters."

That's real sad. A Carolina fan should be a Carolina fan in ALL sports, not just a select few.
My money is spent on football and baseball, season tickets for both, and away game trips for football. However, I keep up with both men and women's basketball on the tube and pull up online to see how our other sports are doing. That's why the home grown Palmetto Pride series IS important.
These kids are STUDENT-athletes. They are not there just for your enjoyment. The Olympic sports put in there share of hard work to get the enjoyment of wearing the garnet and black. Sad that they have to see where some like you think, "nothing else matters". Sad to think that any Gamecock athlete would have to see wear you don't care if they cheat or not, as long as they win. If you have kids...that is one fine example you are setting there.

"Nothing else matters."

That's real sad. A Carolina fan should be a Carolina fan in ALL sports, not just a select few.
My money is spent on football and baseball, season tickets for both, and away game trips for football. However, I keep up with both men and women's basketball on the tube and pull up online to see how our other sports are doing. That's why the home grown Palmetto Pride series IS important.
These kids are STUDENT-athletes. They are not there just for your enjoyment. The Olympic sports put in there share of hard work to get the enjoyment of wearing the garnet and black. Sad that they have to see where some like you think, "nothing else matters". Sad to think that any Gamecock athlete would have to see wear you don't care if they cheat or not, as long as they win. If you have kids...that is one fine example you are setting there.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT