ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I have to be honest Bentley getting up after his injury.

He said after the game that he had the wind knocked out of him, and that is why he stayed down for so long. I was concerned that he might have had a serious injury, as I am sure the team and most of the well-meaning fans were as well. I took the running off the field to demonstrate that he was OK and to stay focused on winning the game. Some of y'all are just looking for a reason to whine.

Running to the sideline. Reminds me of Dabo running down the hill ahead of the team . Look at me put the camera on me. .....ok. fire away.
Okay, I'll disagree. Like someone else said, it seemed a little cheesy, but it was out of fire and emotion - and that's what Bentley is. He's emotional/demonstrative and in the moment he was fired up, I guess. I don't know that I'll ever compare one of our players to dabo <shudder>.

I saw nothing wrong with Bentley's performance Saturday night. I also see no reason to criticize him. He got the wind knocked out of his lungs. That hurts like hell for a few minutes. As soon as you are able to draw a good breath of air the pain is gone. I was glad to see it was nothing worse. Bentley plays the game with a lot of passion. He stood up and started running off the field to show his team everything is alright.

Running to the sideline. Reminds me of Dabo running down the hill ahead of the team . Look at me put the camera on me. .....ok. fire away.
It was about the usual from Bentley. Have you seen his touchdown celebrations - haven't improved since year one. Talk about lack of development.

He's a fiery guy... in a dorky kinda way.

Good thing I'm soooo cool that I can sit and criticize him.

Last edited:
I rolled my eyes.

I like "we" celebrations, not "me" celebrations.

Melvin Ingram handing the ball to the ref and giving him a gentle pat on the butt after scoring against Georgia was my favorite of all time!
I swear I think of some of you just look for crap to be pissed off at or to be annoyed at. Some of you need to find a hobby.

oS.gif

He fell on the ball and knocked the wind out. It was obvious if you ever played the game. It hurts like hell for a few minutes, then you're ok. That's why he ran off the field. He was ok. And, don't even get me started on the announcers, and their total lack of understanding what is going on in the game.

I told my best friend we’ve got a 3y QB that still celebrates a completion while he’s got Will Grier. No one would care about JB if he wasn’t a goof, while our only hope at bowl eligibility is beating Chat, and a team to be named later. Sorry, hopefully Ole Miss too

Reactions: Churrob
OK Its time to lay off the kid. He played a good game and had the defense played better on third downs, he would have been out there more and we would have won by 3 td's. He played a good game. Can we please stop the Jake hate and start pulling for one of our own. Its kind of old now.

OK Its time to lay off the kid. He played a good game and had the defense played better on third downs, he would have been out there more and we would have won by 3 td's. He played a good game. Can we please stop the Jake hate and start pulling for one of our own. Its kind of old now.

We won because the coaches are making him hand the ball off and that led to over 200 rushing yards on 39 attempts. In the aTm game, we only had 77 rushing yards on 18 attempts. People hate on BMac for his play calling, but if the system allows Jake to pass whenever he wants instead of giving it to a rb, then we lose. Glad Muschamp addressed this last week going into UT.

We won because the coaches are making him hand the ball off and that led to over 200 rushing yards on 39 attempts. In the aTm game, we only had 77 rushing yards on 18 attempts. People hate on BMac for his play calling, but if the system allows Jake to pass whenever he wants instead of giving it to a rb, then we lose. Glad Muschamp addressed this last week going into UT.
This is the issue. We are supposed to be running an offense that gets the ball quickly to the playmakers, but Jake - for whatever reason - struggles to do that. 1/2 of our passing yards were from 1 play. It's either bomb or run. Not a successful formula.

I'm jumping on bandwagon of things Jake does that is pissing me off:
I saw him double dip his chips
He couldn't spare a square
He's a close talker
He came out of the restroom with no shirt on
He has man hands
He bought a place in Del Boca Vista
He insulted the bubble boy
He has BBO
He paints his face like the devil
He thinks he is sponge worthy
He is a low talker, I ended up wearing a danged puffy shirt
He wears a manzere or the bro
He almost killed a whale by hitting golf ball into blow hole
He bought his girlfriend outdated envelopes
His favorite movie is Rochelle, Rochelle
He peed in the shower
He thought his girlfriends name was Mulva
He hates the postman
He doesn't believe in the magic loogey
He says it is not a lie, if you believe it
He almost crippled Bette Midler

Dog gone him!!!

He's a close talker
He has man hands
He has BBO
He peed in the shower
He hates the postman

Dog gone him!!!
He's the master of his domain... or maybe not.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
He's a close talker
He has man hands
He has BBO
He peed in the shower
He hates the postman

Dog gone him!!!

He wants to be your latex salesman

giphy.gif

Reactions: lostcock
My first thought after he started running off was the scene from Jerry McGwire where he was knocked out and when he woke up he said “just let me enjoy this for a minute.” Then gets up and starts to celebrate.

Difference is Dabo got a few inches of lift due to his huge ears

When JB kept the ball and made a nice little run to the outside before stiff legging himself and bobbing forward , the person next to me started laughing and said. It looks like his helmet is to heavy for him. It was funny. Then later when he sprinted off the field was entertaining.

But my question is what was Muschamp tearing into refs about while Bentley sprinted off. He gave them an ear full. My guess is waiting so long to call for a review of the TD play a few plays back.

Great win. Great crowd. Go Gamecocks.

Honestly, I thought he wanted to show everyone, including the vols, that he was perfectly OK. Once he got up and started to run, everyone either applauded or yelled. It was uplifting, especially coming on the heels of the 2-point conversion. The dude has guts...gotta give him that.

When JB kept the ball and made a nice little run to the outside before stiff legging himself and bobbing forward , the person next to me started laughing and said. It looks like his helmet is to heavy for him. It was funny. Then later when he sprinted off the field was entertaining.

But my question is what was Muschamp tearing into refs about while Bentley sprinted off. He gave them an ear full. My guess is waiting so long to call for a review of the TD play a few plays back.

Great win. Great crowd. Go Gamecocks.

I think he was still giving the ref an earful for not resetting the play clock and instead charging us with a timeout. The ref never came to the sideline to talk to Muschamp during the "timeout", so, he never had the opportunity. Muschamp saw an opening and took it!

Reactions: section907
Honestly, I thought he wanted to show everyone, including the vols, that he was perfectly OK. Once he got up and started to run, everyone either applauded or yelled. It was uplifting, especially coming on the heels of the 2-point conversion. The dude has guts...gotta give him that.
I agree, we either have some of the dumbest fans on this board alive or either a lot Clemson imposters. Give me a break. I was scared he was knocked out of the game. I had some Tennessee fans sitting near me, they couldn’t believe he go up. I was completely stoked that he ran off the field.

He said after the game that he had the wind knocked out of him, and that is why he stayed down for so long. I was concerned that he might have had a serious injury, as I am sure the team and most of the well-meaning fans were as well. I took the running off the field to demonstrate that he was OK and to stay focused on winning the game. Some of y'all are just looking for a reason to whine.

I have had the wind knocked out of me a few times, and it is true that it takes a little while to regain sufficient air to get up. That is a good reason to do what Bentley did.

Y’all hear how how his dad use to cut his hair before games? And Bobby Bentley a HS coach and his dad? Oh yeah Bentley skipped his senior year of HS....and Hayden Hurst use to be a baseball player.

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT