ADVERTISEMENT

Ok, I have to be honest Bentley getting up after his injury.

My first thought after he started running off was the scene from Jerry McGwire where he was knocked out and when he woke up he said “just let me enjoy this for a minute.” Then gets up and starts to celebrate.
See my post. Rod Tidwell.

When JB kept the ball and made a nice little run to the outside before stiff legging himself and bobbing forward , the person next to me started laughing and said. It looks like his helmet is to heavy for him. It was funny. Then later when he sprinted off the field was entertaining.

But my question is what was Muschamp tearing into refs about while Bentley sprinted off. He gave them an ear full. My guess is waiting so long to call for a review of the TD play a few plays back.

Great win. Great crowd. Go Gamecocks.

He ran with his head straight down for like 10 yards. Was dying laughing.

Reactions: section907
oS.gif

Reactions: Art__Vandelay
I did think it was a little cheesy and emotional, BUT he’s still a young person and I’m a 48 year old man. Not a huge deal. At least he and the team got a win. As long as they win, I can deal with corny moments like that. And I’m glad he wasn’t hurt bad. Now let’s just beat Ole Miss.

I did think it was a little cheesy and emotional, BUT he’s still a young person and I’m a 48 year old man. Not a huge deal. At least he and the team got a win. As long as they win, I can deal with corny moments like that. And I’m glad he wasn’t hurt bad. Now let’s just beat Ole Miss.
I disagree with this part... He is still basically a Kid and an emotional one at that. Hell the fans have booed him, Why wouldnt he be excited??

I somehow got caught up in this conversation this morning with several life-long GC fans. The sentiment was the same as the op. I have to admit it looked like something out of a Braveheart scene watching him run to the sideline. So he got the wind knocked out of him, big deal. That happens to most kids in their lifetime while playing pickup football in the park. Getting up and running like that to the sideline has less to do with emotion and more to do with theatrics. Concentrate more on not over throwing receivers by 20 feet, that’s how you gain respect.

I somehow got caught up in this conversation this morning with several life-long GC fans. The sentiment was the same as the op. I have to admit it looked like something out of a Braveheart scene watching him run to the sideline. So he got the wind knocked out of him, big deal. That happens to most kids in their lifetime while playing pickup football in the park. Getting up and running like that to the sideline has less to do with emotion and more to do with theatrics. Concentrate more on not over throwing receivers by 20 feet, that’s how you gain respect.
Yep, he didn't gain any respect by not worrying about getting hit and getting the 2 pt conversion or his scramble where he got blasted but kept running. Showed some emotion after being down and you bunch of whiners have to find fault. You are a miserable group.

He played his ass off this game and if others would have played as well as him in the Aggie game we win it. But we have a bunch of fans who have nothing better to do than beat down a kid who has given everything he can for the team.

And I guarantee you if you could talk to players on the team they will tell you what kind of teammate he is. Just like when Petty was here, never good enough for you until he was gone.

Good grief - some of you are pathetic! He just tied the game after we were down 21-9, could have been seriously hurt, and THAT is what came to your mind??? Pathetic! I was cheering him on, like any decent Gamecock fan would have.

And the same amount of national championships as your conference championship.
Yeah and we got back to back championships that y’all will never sniff either lmao. So what. Dabo got some big ass ears. Looks like nut sack hanging on each side of his head

Haters gonna hate....

It's amazing that some of the posters on here call themselves Gamecock fans, and I'm not talking about the closet clemsux fans.

He said after the game that he had the wind knocked out of him, and that is why he stayed down for so long. I was concerned that he might have had a serious injury, as I am sure the team and most of the well-meaning fans were as well. I took the running off the field to demonstrate that he was OK and to stay focused on winning the game. Some of y'all are just looking for a reason to whine.
Last year he showed what kind of man he is when he ran to help the Tn. qb when he was down. A sign of sportsmanship so often missing in today's game. He got mostly praise for that action. I suspect if it had happened this year the posters who rip him up for sport would have been all over him.

I agree, some would Rather SC lose so they can bitch about it..

We don’t have to lose to bitch a bit. I, too thought it looked dorky, but Jake’s a rah-rah guy. Jeff just asked the question and now everybody who thought it looked like ‘Gump’ or ‘Dat Boy’ don’t support Jake. Ease up.

Reactions: section907
Haters gonna hate....

It's amazing that some of the posters on here call themselves Gamecock fans, and I'm not talking about the closet clemsux fans.
And they are called supporters of the Gamecock program but take great delight in a Gamecock loss and totally enjoy bashing a player. Seems loke always one kid is selected to be ridiculed no matter what he does.Always look for something to find fault.

We don’t have to lose to bitch a bit. I, too thought it looked dorky, but Jake’s a rah-rah guy. Jeff just asked the question and now everybody who thought it looked like ‘Gump’ or ‘Dat Boy’ don’t support Jake. Ease up.
Hell no. A grown man bashing a kid who is playing hard is too much to ignore.

And I love you man, (in a manly way) and respect the fact that you are wrong, People make mistakes, and I forgive you..

giphy.gif
See, here’s what you may not have figured out. I am ALWAYS right, and you are ALWAYS wrong. That’s all that is going on here. And it’s really not your fault. You’re doing the best you can. But I’m right. ;)

He does have a cerian Tom Brady feel to him. Sort of dorky ... b/c that’s who he is.

Difference is, Brady is the goat, and Jake is average at best.

Point being, if we were 6-2 or 7-1 right now, and ranked top 15 , and he was throwing the ball all over the field , that stuff wouldn’t bother me so much.

Like someone above said. Just calm down, and focus on not overthrowing guys and throwing picks

Reactions: SumterGamecockGuy
JB is a good young man who loves the University of South Carolina and plays for us. Sure, I think his nerves get to him for whatever reasons and that causes him to seem to be too hyped up in the first part of games. He's done an overall good job, but yes he can improve.

He is a Gamecock every bit as much as we are. I also get frustrated and irritated when bad throws or ints occur. I even thought Scar throws a better ball with the nose down from what we saw from him. JB's throws seem to be nose up which creates high passes much of the time.

But I also know the coaches want to win more than even we do, so I'm sure they know what they are doing. If Bentley is having a bad game, I do think sometimes he needs to sit a series or two. But that's any fan and I know I would be a nervous wreck if I was playing QB in front of that many people.

He may never overcome the nerves but he'll always be a true Gamecock. So we can always rip bad play, but lets not rip the player. He's won us more games than he's lost. Heck, i get more irritated watching our DBs making tackles after getting beat or 15 yards down the field, then getting up and wanting to fight and mouthing off...........only to cost us 15 yards.

Sumo

Reactions: aj&uscgrad
Not much dumbfounds me on GC, but this post did!

The kid has been booed, criticized, and other things. On that two point conversion he gave up his body to get the points, gets the shit knocked out of him, and then runs off the field after regaining his breath, etc. and he's compared to Dabo running down 'the hill'?

Jesus, shame on you. He received a WELL DESERVED standing ovation when running off the field. Kid can't do anything right for SOME if you 'fans'?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT