ADVERTISEMENT

OL is absolutely terrible…

That sack was the smart move in a bunch unbelievably dumb calls after Brown got us another first down. Should’ve ran the ball up the middle. They’re keying on runs outside. We should be gashing them but Brown is the reason we have two TD’s.
If he can show some good development in the last 3 games, I hope he comes back for Braden’s redshirt. If he returns, look for Luke to transfer.

Last sack was on Brown. But yes. They’re a pile of hot garbage.

Saying they're absolutely horrible is a compliment. They're worse than that. Never in my life have I seen a worse one.

They are awful. We will be a losing team until we get some people that can block.

That sack was the smart move in a bunch unbelievably dumb calls after Brown got us another first down. Should’ve ran the ball up the middle. They’re keying on runs outside. We should be gashing them but Brown is the reason we have two TD’s.
I don’t disagree with that. But the last one was his fault. He should’ve slid up in the pocket. He dropped further into the rush.

Even Todd Ellis just said "some of the plays just take too long to develop"

I think what he meant was the routes are too long given the QB has 0.11 seconds to throw the ball before he is hit.

Every play should be a short screen pass or a slant pattern. There is not time for anything else.

Calling anything else at this point is handing them the ball.

I have watched hundreds of Carolina games in my life. I do not remember any previous team having multiple O-line players continually whiffing on blocks for entire games (will not call out individual players, but it is confounding how a college level line man can miss on block after block after block). We must truly have zero depth for benchings not to be taking place.

Kind of feels like the "bunch everyone up at the line" formations Satterfield is running are part of why we can't run the ball and are consistently met in the backfield. Their whole team is there, not spread out at all, and other teams just send pressure over and over. Seems like if we're going to play with these bunches up sets then we probably need a little less movement and just more power football. Most of the whiffs seems like missed assignments with OL either standing there not moving and looking around or puling and going somewhere else while an Defender just blitzes through.

I don’t disagree with that. But the last one was his fault. He should’ve slid up in the pocket. He dropped further into the rush.
Yeah he just kept running backwards and then trying to do that same spin move to the same side every time. Becomes obvious and defenders are ready for it

Last sack was on Brown. But yes. They’re a pile of hot garbage.

A few of the sacks were on Brown, but let's face it, when 3-4 guys are coming in untouched by the time you turn around from a play fake, it's hard to make the right decision in real time.

I swear I think Brown and our RB were getting hit before the handoff could even get made 4 times. If Satterfield wants to sit down with me, I can teach him how to handle blitzing defenses. Wait til he sees what Venables is going to do. Venables approach is blitz every play and see if you can beat him a time or two. The teams that know how to attack him are successful. Then their is teams like us who will continue to avoid the right approach.

I have watched hundreds of Carolina games in my life. I do not remember any previous team having multiple O-line players continually whiffing on blocks for entire games (will not call out individual players, but it is confounding how a college level line man can miss on block after block after block). We must truly have zero depth for benchings not to be taking place.

POTY. I stand in awe of a line where almost every play, 2 of the 5 have no one to hit. I don't care how "confused" you are, go hit some damn body. It's mind boggling indeed.

Kind of feels like the "bunch everyone up at the line" formations Satterfield is running are part of why we can't run the ball and are consistently met in the backfield. Their whole team is there, not spread out at all, and other teams just send pressure over and over. Seems like if we're going to play with these bunches up sets then we probably need a little less movement and just more power football. Most of the whiffs seems like missed assignments with OL either standing there not moving and looking around or puling and going somewhere else while an Defender just blitzes through.

Yep.........it's like you can take 4 defensive linemen, and cover up 7 of our players. On the other side, it looks like our 4 d linemen are spread out with built in gaps and angles to attack by only 5 O linemen on the other side.

Our O line needs to get wider splits, which creates angles. Our HS coaches used to adjust our splits each week based on the upcoming defensive approach. It worked like a charm.

Reactions: Ghostang
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT