ADVERTISEMENT

OL is absolutely terrible…

Go watch the replay. He LITERALLY had someone in his face as soon as he turned. Even if he read it, if the guy is unblocked, he is gonna get to brown before there's time to get the ball out

Yeah, he was under center, backed out, faked the handoff, and turned around right into a safety blitz. He has to be able to see that safety at the line of scrimmage and check out of that play. The announcers even talked about it afterwards.

The Oline is struggling, but it's not completely on them.

Reactions: Flameout12
Yeah, he was under center, backed out, faked the handoff, and turned around right into a safety blitz. He has to be able to see that safety at the line of scrimmage and check out of that play. The announcers even talked about it afterwards.

What you're asking of him is what would be asked of an NFL qb. That in and of itself is the problem with our offense. IT'S TOO COMPLICATED!!! If we had a good high school offensive philosophy we're likely 7-3 right now.

Reactions: Dizzy01
We’ve known since game #2 that the o line was bad. I thought that it may have miraculously gotten better during the FL game. But nope!

You’re right; it’s not completely on the oline. Go back and look at that replay and watch DAKEREON JOYNER in motion and our RG and RT. The play was supposed to be a swing to Joyner, as evidenced by where the RG and RT immediately headed, Vann was already out there wide making his block, Brown made his play fake and looked immediately to Joyner to release but couldn’t throw it because JOYNER is not even friggin looking. LOOK at Joyner on that play at tell me what the hell he is doing. On the broadcast they show it right after the commercial break before Missouri’s kickoff.

“Has to be able to see the safety”, please. The effin play was THERE; he’s got to be able to have teammates he can RELY ON to do their friggin part is what he “has to do.”

Geez.

Last edited:
Reactions: cockyferg
You’re right; it’s not completely on the oline. Go back and look at that replay and watch DAKEREON JOYNER in motion and our RG and RT. The play was supposed to be a swing to Joyner, as evidenced by where the RG and RT imm

ediately headed, Vann was already out there wide making his block, Brown made his play fake and looked immediately to Joyner to release but couldn’t throw it because JOYNER is not even friggin looking. LOOK at Joyner on that play at tell me what the hell he is doing.

Has to be able to see the safety, please. The effin play was THERE; he’s got have teammates he can RELY ON to do their friggin part is what he “has to do.”

Geez.
I have been saying all season they need to bench Dak. Our top three receivers should be Vann, Jenkins, and bell. Who cares about the old school philosophy. Move Vann to slot and throw jump balls to Jenkins and bell

Reactions: kidrobinski
I have been saying all season they need to bench Dak. Our top three receivers should be Vann, Jenkins, and bell. Who cares about the old school philosophy. Move Vann to slot and throw jump balls to Jenkins and bell
Another of the great mysteries in the way this staff utilizes talent. People are quick to jump Brown’s a$$ as the bane of our existence, and ignore things like Joyner out there useless as teats on a bull but playing the bulk of downs in every game, the running back whack-a-mole rotations we employ, etc.

Lol. As I’m typing this, I’ve got the replay going on my TV and Brown throws the out pattern to number 8 who catches it with no problem, the same one Joyner has missed the last three thrown to him. Smh.

As my mother used to say, “ain’t no sense in it.”

Reactions: Dizzy01
You’re right; it’s not completely on the oline. Go back and look at that replay and watch DAKEREON JOYNER in motion and our RG and RT. The play was supposed to be a swing to Joyner, as evidenced by where the RG and RT immediately headed, Vann was already out there wide making his block, Brown made his play fake and looked immediately to Joyner to release but couldn’t throw it because JOYNER is not even friggin looking. LOOK at Joyner on that play at tell me what the hell he is doing. On the broadcast they show it right after the commercial break before Missouri’s kickoff.

“Has to be able to see the safety”, please. The effin play was THERE; he’s got to be able to have teammates he can RELY ON to do their friggin part is what he “has to do.”

Geez.

Not sure the play was to Joyner. Looks like they were clearing out for the receiver at the top of the screen, I think it was Jenkins. And even if it was, throw it at his feet. Don't backpedal with the ball out, knowing what was coming. Anything but what he did. You have to be able to feel that pressure coming and minimize the damage. That was 7 points in a game won by 3.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT