ADVERTISEMENT

Ole Miss game thread

Lady G's looking like a #1 team that wants to be in the 'Best of the Decade' discussion.

That said, Ole Miss's Austin is a damn fine player. That shot to end the the 2nd QTR was an 'Ice Water in My Veins' shot. When the net doesn't move, and viewers have to rewind, to confirm it was a basket? That's ice cold.

Reactions: tngamecock#
What has happened to Zia? Is she just trying too hard?
What do you mean? We were +12 when she was in the game.

USCB4.jpg

What do you mean? We were +12 when she was in the game.

USCB4.jpg
Didn’t ask about the team stats — asked about Zia. She was 0 - 3 on her shots. She’s turning the ball over much more this year. Four points for the entire game. She’s definitely struggling the past three games.

Another great win and blowout with a solid lead from start to finish. We had just 9 turnovers (let's keep that going)and we only made one 3 and yet there wasn't much a game. I like how some of pieces are seemingly coming together and I hope we continue to separate ourselves from other teams and get to our goal of a national championship. Also the Boston double double streak lives on.

Reactions: gamecockblack
Didn’t ask about the team stats — asked about Zia. She was 0 - 3 on her shots. She’s turning the ball over much more this year. Four points for the entire game. She’s definitely struggling the past three games.
I remember when our teams have relied heavily on a single player to carry everyone over the course of a season. Zam Fredrick and Jimmy Foster come immediately to mind.

That said, the mark of a great team is being able to have a great player, who might be having a bad stretch, and still blowing opponents out of the building.

There will be a night when Zia is the one who lights it up and carrys the team. However, it's a nice luxury to be able to have depth, all down the bench, that lets Zia have an off night, or a stretch of off weeks, where she can work through her struggles, while still racking up team wins.

Just because she isn't shooting well doesn't means she's struggling. Rivers, who played more minutes than Zia tonight, was 1-8 from the field. Yet we still won by 29 points because they are two ends of the court and our guards are playing excellent defense. And we lead the nation in offensive rebounds, so missed shots from our guards isn't the end of the world.

btw, Dawn tried to give Littleton some run and she gave up a 3 point play. Dawn pulled her immediately. Defense, defense, defense.

I agree with the posters who said it's good that Zia isn't being asked to do so much. We rely on her too much to be a high volume shooter. JMO.

Reactions: Pic-6-Chick
UT with 20+ turnovers killed them. I've noticed when watching UT against Vandy and Ole Miss how much the full court pressure bothered them. Dawn's been showing press more lately. No doubt getting it ready for the Vols.

Expected a better game from Ole Miss but Shakira Austin come to #4 (WNBA)

Decent game from the troop. Love the low turnovers. 47 rebounds

When those balls start falling for Rivers - 😁 watch out

Alright Auburn I see u!!! I wish I could've taped the game, but it was on SEC+

Expected a better game from Ole Miss but Shakira Austin come to #4 (WNBA)

Decent game from the troop. Love the low turnovers. 47 rebounds

When those balls start falling for Rivers - 😁 watch out

Alright Auburn I see u!!!
Victaria played brilliant against Austin. 4 of Austin’s baskets were just really difficult shots that were pissers

Reactions: Gamekem
Victaria played brilliant against Austin. 4 of Austin’s baskets were just really difficult shots that were pissers
Yes, Saxton (some drunks were yelling for her to get the ball even when she was not in the game) is playing well this yr. Keep it up all the way to the tourney.

• Haha
I thought Amihere looked good on Austin as well. Cardoso is still struggling a bit on defense, but she did grab 6 rebounds. The post depth on this team is amazing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT