ADVERTISEMENT

Omaha pitching . Regional hitting.**

Days like yesterday.......where the baseball team beats the taters and the women's basketball team wins a tournament game sure are nice for keeping our board "realsists" away. Sure is nice.

Pick any of your favorite "realists" after a win and try to search for their "I'm a true fan posts"......non existent. But they will glady explain how they are a "real" fan immediately after a loss.

2016 SEC Stats show us 5th in the Conference. The best Conference in baseball.
Hard to believe we did that well last year, but at the start of the season we had a real hot run whe. JJ was actually seeing the ball... if we get him hitting again and this Carlos Cortez kid figures out how to identify a curve, slider, changeup... ANYTHING with movement seems to leave him swatting flies- we could break this thing wide open.

The pathetic showing in the super left a bad taste for our hitting after last season... even so... 5th in conference is hardly impressive. the frustrating part isn't the wins and losses, it is the POTENTIAL. We have the bats to crush it and they j
It's coaching. That's all there is to it. How many more years are we going to put up with this putrid offense before something gets done. Ugly ugly ugly!
coning on a bit strong as usual. I may be frustrated with our lack of hitting and the opportunity cost of what we COULD HAVE accomplished in recent years with a little better production on offense... but I am not in any way implying a team who hosted a super last year and is currently ranked TOP 5 IN THE NATION SHOULD FIRE THEIR COACH!!! That is crazy talk... I am just saying it would be nice if some of these guys who should be STUDS at the plate would start hitting like they are capable of! Cortez, Jones, even Williams are all capable of mashing double digit homers in a season and I think between the three they have zero for the season and a combined BA of below .200!! It is only 10 games in, but if even one of those guys was hitting up to what they are capable of, we'd have someone to balance with Destino and drive in some of these guys who are more "scrappy hitters", getting on base however possible...
That said- Olsen has been a surprise so far! Hitting over .300 with three homers...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT