ADVERTISEMENT

One of the best NBA finals ever

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
Hate on the NBA all you want . Absolutely insane finals . The Greek Freak put on a performance for the ages last night . Jordanesqe almost . Dude still can’t knock down a midrange jumper and still totally dominates both ends of the floor . So excited for the post Lebron NBA . So much talent spread across the league . Gonna be fun the next 4 or 5 years .

Hate on the NBA all you want . Absolutely insane finals . The Greek Freak put on a performance for the ages last night . Jordanesqe almost . Dude still can’t knock down a midrange jumper and still totally dominates both ends of the floor . So excited for the post Lebron NBA . So much talent spread across the league . Gonna be fun the next 4 or 5 years .
I wouldn't say it was one of the best NBA Finals ever, but it was probably the best since 2016 because it was competitive. Since 2016, you sort of knew who the the winner was going to be at the start of the series. It was good to see a small market team like Milwaukee win, but this sort of seems like the Toronto championship from a year ago. The winner capitalizes on a bunch of injuries and won't be able to return the following year.

Last edited:
It will always be hard to me to top some of the the Lakers Celtics in the mid 1980's series, you had all the ingredients, great players, teams, coaches, rivalry!

tumblr_oqon75xPvW1sdydefo1_400.gifv

Hard to think of many Finals performances that rival what Giannis did. 50 points in the final game?? He was a man on a mission the whole series. Handling the ball, blocking all those shots, one the biggest "will your team to victory" performances by one guy in a while

I wouldn't say it was one of the best NBA Finals ever, but it was probably the best since 2016 because it was competitive. Since 2016, you sort of knew who the the winner was going to be at the start of the series. It was good to see a small market team like Milwaukee win, but this sort of seems like the Toronto championship from a year ago. The winner capitalizes on a bunch of injuries and won't be able to get return the following year.

Yeah I tend to ageee . I think the bucks could make a few more runs . They just have great chemistry and I’m still not sold on Brooklyn , or Both LA squads . The talent is there but the chemistry and defense isn’t . The bucks played some incredible defense down the stretch . Don’t see that happening in Brooklyn . KD is actually a decent defender but Kyrie and Harden are like turnstiles. Unfortunately I think AD and Lebron’s championship days are done in LA . The wild card is Golden State . If Klay makes a full recovery which is a big if they could be dominant again .

I wouldn't say it was one of the best NBA Finals ever, but it was probably the best since 2016 because it was competitive. Since 2016, you sort of knew who the the winner was going to be at the start of the series. It was good to see a small market team like Milwaukee win, but this sort of seems like the Toronto championship from a year ago. The winner capitalizes on a bunch of injuries and won't be able to get return the following year.
Toronto lost a pretty important piece from that team in Kawhi...if he came back, they prob could have won the East again last year. I remember their record in the regular season being really good at least.

Yeah I tend to ageee . I think the bucks could make a few more runs . They just have great chemistry and I’m still not sold on Brooklyn , or Both LA squads . The talent is there but the chemistry and defense isn’t . The bucks played some incredible defense down the stretch . Don’t see that happening in Brooklyn . KD is actually a decent defender but Kyrie and Harden are like turnstiles. Unfortunately I think AD and Lebron’s championship days are done in LA . The wild card is Golden State . If Klay makes a full recovery which is a big if they could be dominant again .
Not to mention you never know minute to minute what you are going to get out of Kyrie.

LeBron and AD will compete for another couple years. They were rolling early and then got injured and never got any chemistry back after that. Then lost key players in the playoffs. They will also try and to continue to put people around them to compete.

I'm a non-expert fan, so I'll let y'all tell me if this is way off:

Watching Chris Paul, that's basically what Kyrie Irving wants to be/should be. Not sure if Kyrie will ever be consistent like CP3, but the games are similar

I think the schedule sort of prohibited the Lakers from making a run this year. They just won a championship in October of 2020 and had to turn around and start a new season before Christmas. On the other hand, Phoenix left the bubble in July after going 8-0. They were able to gain confidence, recharge, and they added Chris Paul. Heck, with the pandemic, the Lakers haven't even properly celebrated their title yet. If AD comes back hungry and returns to 2020 form, then they no doubt challenge. AD wasn't right all year and it ended in Game 4 against the Suns, a series that they were up 2-1 in when he went down. I, also, think the Lakers tinkered too much with their roster. They really missed Rajon Rondo, Danny Green and Dwight Howard. They need to shuffle the deck again with their role players. Golden State is a wildcard. How is Klay going to come back and what are they going to do with the two lottery picks they have. The Clippers and Nuggets are wildcards as well. How soon do Kawhi and Jamal Murray come back. You could easily see a scenario where the Suns drop back to about 4th or 5th in the West.

Milwaukee will not beat a healthy Brooklyn team. The question will be health as Kyrie especially tends to get hurt. Heck, the Bucks barely won a Game 7 with Kyrie out and James Harden on one leg. Milwaukee will sort of be like Miami was with the Lakers in last year's finals. They will be game, but probably go down in about 6 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: caughtlookin
It will always be hard to me to top some of the the Lakers Celtics in the mid 1980's series, you had all the ingredients, great players, teams, coaches, rivalry!

tumblr_oqon75xPvW1sdydefo1_400.gifv
In the game today that foul would warrant a suspension.

Really happy for Charleston native and Porter-Gaud grad Khris Middleton. He paid his dues. Shame we couldn't keep him home, getting out recruited by B12 Texas A&M.

Reactions: SCcocks4ever
Really happy for Charleston native and Porter-Gaud grad Khris Middleton. He paid his dues. Shame we couldn't keep him home, getting out recruited by B12 Texas A&M.
I was wondering about that. Born in 1991 so I guess his recruitment would have been when Horn replaced Odom?

Yeah I was glad for him too. Between Khris and Beeple, Charleston has had a good run lately.

Reactions: Jaycee024

He played outstanding as well . Honestly if not for the monster game Giannis had Middleton would have been the MVP . He essentially carried them in a few games . He was fantastic

But the OP said "Hate on the NBA all you want."

Because I knew as soon as I posted anything NBA related the haters would be out in full force . I just think it’s sad because the NBA was fantastic this year . I know everyone hates Lebron and KD but the new crop of talent in the league the last few years is just unbelievable. Cracks me up that folks can watch our joke of a men’s BB team bumble thru season after season but they can’t be bothered to watch the NBA . It’s just funny to me actually . Any sports fan can appreciate what Giannis did last night .

Reactions: funktavious
Because I knew as soon as I posted anything NBA related the haters would be out in full force . I just think it’s sad because the NBA was fantastic this year . I know everyone hates Lebron and KD but the new crop of talent in the league the last few years is just unbelievable. Cracks me up that folks can watch our joke of a men’s BB team bumble thru season after season but they can’t be bothered to watch the NBA . It’s just funny to me actually . Any sports fan can appreciate what Giannis did last night .
Don't worry. Many will hate these young guys too as soon as they learn more about them, a few decisions are made that people don't like, and players don't smile and act incredibly grateful to earn a couple dollars even though they earned it through their hard work. Many are starting the hate on Trae Young now and he has had just one playoff run. If professional sports were easy, most would have played.

I will say that I have not found the style of play interesting for a while. Even Frank Martin said he doesn't like the 1 on 1, isolation game much either. Anyways, it sounds like I missed out.

I watched and enjoyed a little of it. It's not just the political stuff with me. I'm just losing interest in all pro sports. I can take them or leave them. The politics is just another turnoff. And I can't stand to watch what we currently call a men's BB team.

Last edited:
I watched and enjoyed a little of it. It's not just the political stuff with me. I'm just losing interest in all pro sports. I can take them or leave them. The politics is just another turnoff. And I can't stand to watch what we currently call a men's BB team.
All the more reason to watch the NBA. One of the reasons I watch is because our men's BB team is rarely good. I don't want to watch mediocre basketball all the time just because I am supporting my alma mater.

I didn't watch, but I'm glad for Giannis. He won a championship with the team that drafted him. His didn't add another superstar either. Reminds me of Hakeem with the Rockets and Dirk with the Mavs.

Reactions: SCcocks4ever

I get that . Honestly it’s getting a little better in terms of team basketball . Just watch some YouTube highlights of Trae Young , Luka , Jokic , Lilliard , Ja Morant , Lamelo Ball etc etc. .. this kids are just so skilled . Jokic does things that are just mind boggling for a 7 footer . I hate politics of any kind not just in sports but In life in general so it’s easy for me to just tune it out and enjoy the games . Just check out some of those players I mentioned and see what you think .

Reactions: TheReelEss
I didn't watch, but I'm glad for Giannis. He won a championship with the team that drafted him. His didn't add another superstar either. Reminds me of Hakeem with the Rockets and Dirk with the Mavs.

Totally agree . The closest thing I’ve seen to what Giannis did is what Hakeem did against the Magic . He absolutely dominated both ends of the court . He absolutely demolished Shaq that series offensively and defensively. Giannis was a man possessed. He also such a funny and humble guy and I think he will be a great face of the league for years to come .

Its over already? Its only JULY!
Who played?

Its over already? Its only JULY!
Who played?

The Bucks and the Suns . The season was shortened due to the season being extended last year due to Covid . Also you can thank the NBA for having a football season last year . They were the first major sport to attempt to play and come up with a plan and execute it . They got the ball rolling first If not for the NBA Will Muschamp would still be our damn coach because last season would have never happen . So thank the NBA

The Bucks and the Suns . The season was shortened due to the season being extended last year due to Covid . Also you can thank the NBA for having a football season last year . They were the first major sport to attempt to play and come up with a plan and execute it . They got the ball rolling first If not for the NBA Will Muschamp would still be our damn coach because last season would have never happen . So thank the NBA

Season was shortened? Its JULY.
With all respect to you, thanks is not what I was thinking to tell the NBA

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT