ADVERTISEMENT

One thing you baseball gurus don't seem to understand is the value of a POSITIVE ATTITUDE.

cockfight#1

Nov 20, 2006
I think we're going to turn this thing around tonight and get the Omaha Train rolling! Sound off if you're on board!

The guys' confidence is shot right now and all this negativity sure doesn't help. We've heard from everyone who thinks that Holbrook is not the right guy. Fine. You have your opinion, can we please start pulling for the gamecocks again?

OR is your hatred of Holbrook so bad that you're hoping we lose so he'll get fired?!?

For many folks on here it sure seems that way.

I think we're going to turn this thing around tonight and get the Omaha Train rolling! Sound off if you're on board!

The guys' confidence is shot right now and all this negativity sure doesn't help. We've heard from everyone who thinks that Holbrook is not the right guy. Fine. You have your opinion, can we please start pulling for the gamecocks again?

OR is your hatred of Holbrook so bad that you're hoping we lose so he'll get fired?!?

I'll have what youre having.

Actually Holbrook seems to need a more positive attitude. The "baseball is a cruel game" comment he made is demotivating.

I for one am pulling for them to turn this slide around. I'd love to see them get back to Omaha this year and going into the season I think most fans expected nothing less with the pitching depth and position players returning. Carolina baseball is second only to Carolina football in my book, and I have enjoyed watching em since the early 80s.
The issue for me is Holbrook is lost at times and in over his head. Some coaches just aren't able to handle a head coaching position . Holbrook has gotten by so far with a great pitching coach and good recruiting. He can't handle in game situations and line-up decisions. We will be ok as long as he's the head man, kinda like clemson was with legget maybe less, but with our fan base, tradition, and facilities, we should expect more.

I pull for our team every game. Never consider whether the coach will be here or not. The one thing I hope for us is our recruits will have someone to lead them. Also what some leadership on the field. I want this thing to start changing TONIGHT. GO COCKS

I for one am pulling for them to turn this slide around. I'd love to see them get back to Omaha this year and going into the season I think most fans expected nothing less with the pitching depth and position players returning. Carolina baseball is second only to Carolina football in my book, and I have enjoyed watching em since the early 80s.
The issue for me is Holbrook is lost at times and in over his head. Some coaches just aren't able to handle a head coaching position . Holbrook has gotten by so far with a great pitching coach and good recruiting. He can't handle in game situations and line-up decisions. We will be ok as long as he's the head man, kinda like clemson was with legget maybe less, but with our fan base, tradition, and facilities, we should expect more.
I would compare Holbrook more to a Brownell than a Leggett, unless you are talking solely about Leggett's later years.

Last edited:
....winning is like a computer, to change the output you have to change the input.

Actually, the software and programming have a lot to do with the output, but I will concede that it's the input that being "computed" to begin with. (-vO)

Lol...my favorite kind of post....it's the fans' fault!

I would compare Holbrook more to a Brownell than a Leggett, unless you are talking solely about Leggett's later years.
I think he's a better recruiter than brownell but both sedm to do just enough to keep their head above water. Clemson has never been much in basketball and they seem to be ok with their place as doormat in the acc.
The comparison to Leggett was more about the fact that Leggett got out coached too often and couldn't win the big games. I actually think Leggett was better at developing players than Holbrook.

I think he's a better recruiter than brownell but both sedm to do just enough to keep their head above water. Clemson has never been much in basketball and they seem to be ok with their place as doormat in the acc.
The comparison to Leggett was more about the fact that Leggett got out coached too often and couldn't win the big games. I actually think Leggett was better at developing players than Holbrook.
Agree with that.

It would thrill me if things got back on track but winning is like a computer, to change the output you have to change the input. This team has the weapons they just have to decide which direction they want to go by getting themselves positive.

Don't get technical. Some of us are old.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT