ADVERTISEMENT

optics

boy among men

Aug 30, 2020
this whole transfer portal offseason will be all about momentum and teaming up…
SC is already front page ESPN and ticker thanks to rattler

Just imagine if this snowballs a little bit and some other high profile guys start leaning towards columbia just to be “seen”… couple more holes to fill, and no reason this team cant compete with any team in the east including UGA

Step 1 - hire the right coaches
Step 2 - change the program culture
Step 3 - recruit stud players (freshmen and transfers)
Step 4 - test the culture change (manage/motivate the studs)
Step 5 - win 10 games

Reactions: jweaks
It's a foundation being laid but
True, but we have to start somewhere and in some fashion ... the somewhere is now and the some fashion is with a bang .. it could be and has been much worse ... let's enjoy this ride!
Good lord some of these people on here took what I said completely wrong. As your more on point to where I was going with this, 1 cycle won't cure things but its a foundation that is started

The title of this thread is optics.We look at recent developments and see one thing because we are invested and follow the program. The question is, as alluded to by other respindents, how does this look to those on the outside particularly high profile recruits? Rattler was hyped as a Heisman candidate. He has a "name" in collegefootball.. His being here means something. Who you are determines what that "something" is. Lets just sit back and see what happens going forward. This might be a turning point if handled right.

Muskrat actually had pretty good recruiting classes, he just couldn't coach them up. For example our running backs room.

Reactions: jweaks
It's Gamecock football, we need about 25 turning points to get anywhere. Keep your shorts on and Go Cocks
Hahahahaha! Sounds like you and I have been following this program for more years than we would like to admit... I know how this usually goes but I guess I still have that glimmer of hope that this is it. As many scars and broken hearts as I have endured I am too hard headed to call it quits. Better a dead Gamecock than a live tiger. Go Cocks!

Reactions: coolcock2001
It's a foundation being laid but

Good lord some of these people on here took what I said completely wrong. As your more on point to where I was going with this, 1 cycle won't cure things but its a foundation that is started
Sometimes it is rather difficult to read via print as opposed to a discussion ... we all (non impostors) want the same thing ... let's continue to build ...

Biggest thing is that it will get our games a little more exposure next season. Rattler was considered a strong Heisman contender coming into the season, so folks will be very interested to see how he can fare...in the SEC no less. It's obviously not on the level of getting SOS as our head coach, but in much the same way, folks who would not have otherwise watched our games will tune in to see how Rattler does. If he does well, look for even more exposure. If Rattler does really well, it could open things up tremendously for recruiting.

Reactions: WingchunCock
One good recruiting cycle isn't going to make up for 4 + years of being way behind that quickly vs teams like uga
Rome wasn’t built in a day. It took Spurrier years to get where he wanted this team to be. Drink a few Buds and enjoy the momentum. We’ve been a doormat for 7 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT