ADVERTISEMENT

Oregon's WBB coach leaves starters in until up by 38 with only 3:37 left....

permacock70

Aug 31, 2000
I guess he's trying to impress the pollsters.

Evidently he thinks his team is so good they should automatically qualify for the championship game in April.

Rather short-sighted move, considering his players are all seniors. Stanford will be in a position to pay him back starting next year.

Reactions: cockhornleghorn

Evidently he thinks his team is so good they should automatically qualify for the championship game in April.
He's trying to get the number one seed but still has two losses to our one loss. He wants to stay away from Baylor in the first round of the final four.

Rather short-sighted move, considering his players are all seniors. Stanford will be in a position to pay him back starting next year.

Yeah, not cute or impressive. You're blowing Stanford out. Yep, everyone is leaving including his Jr Satou. They have a decent class coming in but, 2021 will be diff in the Pac 12 for sure

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkCock
Massey ranking has us second due what I think is the margin of victory. The NCAA mentioned that they didn’t want rankings that favored teams that run up the score.

Coach Staley has played two units about equal time. Once she has a big lead, she clears the bench. Makes for great team morale and keeps the players fresh for the next game. This will pay dividends for us as we make a run for the national championship. By the way, shortly after losing their tournament championship game, the Baylor coach was quoted as saying that they still should be the number 1 ceed! Cited their great record against top 15 teams. Guess she forgot about our record against top teams, especially her record against us!

[QUOTE="VETDAD, post: 5025626, member: 6586"]He's trying to get the number one seed but still has two losses to our one loss. He wants to stay away from Baylor in the first round of the final four.[/QUOTE]

Doubt it. #1 or #2 doesn't matter

Reactions: Brace1
I think the order of the top 4 seeds are set. The only thing that could change is if Baylor chokes in the Big 12 tournament. For some reason the Big 12 plays their tournament later then the rest of the conferences.

tenor.gif

I honestly have not had a chance to watch Oregon this year. Is Ionescu really the truth? I feel like every time I turn to ESPN or visit the ESPN website, I'm seeing pictures and highlights of her.

I honestly have not had a chance to watch Oregon this year. Is Ionescu really the truth? I feel like every time I turn to ESPN or visit the ESPN website, I'm seeing pictures and highlights of her.
She is a good player, but will get a little too much hype. She has been shut down on occasion. I think USC defense would give her trouble.

Reactions: okccock
She is a good player, but will get a little too much hype. She has been shut down on occasion. I think USC defense would give her trouble.
She is not a good player, she is a great player. NCAA Career Leader in triple doubles. Only player in W NCAA history to have 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 1,000 assists. Has a career assists to turnover ratio of 1.93 to 1. Will be the first pick in the WNBA draft. Is she unstoppable? No. But please don’t shrug your shoulders and go “meh, she’s a good player.”

She is not a good player, she is a great player. NCAA Career Leader in triple doubles. Only player in W NCAA history to have 2,000 points, 1,000 rebounds and 1,000 assists. Has a career assists to turnover ratio of 1.93 to 1. Will be the first pick in the WNBA draft. Is she unstoppable? No. But please don’t shrug your shoulders and go “meh, she’s a good player.”
Very formidable and not to be dismissed. She will present a great challenge. I'm thinking that the best approach might be to hound her with two or three people in a rotation to spread out the fouls, but make sure the rest of them don't beat us. If we can keep her under 25 points and really do a good job on the rest of them, we have a chance. On the other hand, we might never see them.

Very formidable and not to be dismissed. She will present a great challenge. I'm thinking that the best approach might be to hound her with two or three people in a rotation to spread out the fouls, but make sure the rest of them don't beat us. If we can keep her under 25 points and really do a good job on the rest of them, we have a chance. On the other hand, we might never see them.
The box in one seemed to work on Howard. At least it flustered her.

We play Oregon and all you will hear about is Ionescu. It will be like the 2002 CWS when every word out of their mouth was about Huston Street, or the 2012 CWS when they couldn't go 10 seconds without talking about Rob Refsnyder and focusing the camera on his ugly mother.

We play Oregon and all you will hear about is Ionescu. It will be like the 2002 CWS when every word out of their mouth was about Huston Street, or the 2012 CWS when they couldn't go 10 seconds without talking about Rob Refsnyder and focusing the camera on his ugly mother.
Dear Lord!! Yes, the announcers talked about the player who won the Most Outstanding Player award for the National Championship team.

Dear Lord!! Yes, the announcers talked about the player who won the Most Outstanding Player award for the National Championship team.

They're all they talked about from START to finish. And Refsnyder's mother....I'll bet they cut to her at least 25 times. At least. Okay, we've seen her clap. Move on. And MOP or not, there were other great players involved. It's just laziness and low hanging fruit for the play by play and producers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT