ADVERTISEMENT

OT - “It’s all good, man!” Man, great episode.

You mean it is not a graphic novel? Whatever that means to cone heads.

Recorded the show and will watch in the next couple days. Was the whole season really just 10 episodes? I was hoping it was a split half season and they'd roll out another 10 in january. Scary, cause I thought when shows only got 8-10 episodes it meant they were on the fence for cancellation.

Recorded the show and will watch in the next couple days. Was the whole season really just 10 episodes? I was hoping it was a split half season and they'd roll out another 10 in january. Scary, cause I thought when shows only got 8-10 episodes it meant they were on the fence for cancellation.

They have always been 10 episode seasons on BCS. This director/show creator is in a different category. AMC just begs him to do anything. They aren't cancelling him.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Just finished watching. ''Twas a very good episode - "It's all good, man!"

Better call Saul!!

I thought Walter and Jessie were suppose to make an appearance ?

How could they? We see them meet Saul in BB. Same for Mike. It would be hard to do and feel forced. You may see some other characters like Badger, but I doubt Walter or Jessie shows.

How could they? We see them meet Saul in BB. Same for Mike. It would be hard to do and feel forced. You may see some other characters like Badger, but I doubt Walter or Jessie shows.
Jesse might. He seemed familiar with Saul before they went in the first time so it's likely he or someone he knows has used him before. Someone else from the BB cast will show up if it isn't Jesse.

Reactions: wentzel25
HERE BE SPOILERS!!!

I hated to see Mike transition from ex-cop looking for some action to just plain dirty ex-cop. That's the point where he sold his soul. And Gus asked if he was sure he wanted to "take care of it."

Last edited:
It's those little shiny round things you can still get at Target.
I have the full set of 24.I got tired of it about 1 1/2 seasons before the end and never finished. Did the same thing with S.O.A. I just hate to binge watch that many seasons. It's repetitive watching people make bad choices over 50 episodes.

I have the full set of 24.I got tired of it about 1 1/2 seasons before the end and never finished. Did the same thing with S.O.A. I just hate to binge watch that many seasons. It's repetitive watching people make bad choices over 50 episodes.
I have all of Mad Men. I really enjoyed that show. But you know, I've only watched through them once. I wonder if other people do that: buy up a series and then only watch it once, if at all.

I have all of Mad Men. I really enjoyed that show. But you know, I've only watched through them once. I wonder if other people do that: buy up a series and then only watch it once, if at all.
Does sound like a waste of money when you put it that way. I tried to rewatch Br Ba. but it just wasn't that good second time around, even though it's the best drama series (to me) there's ever been.

Reactions: king ward
SOA was particularly hard for me since some of the drama started to feel REALLY contrived, especially around season 5.. I didn't get to far beyond Gemma helping Tara with the dishes.

The appearance of Neal is confusing. I thought he was found as a replacement for Walt/Jessie as a cook, but looks like he may have been the first cook. Maybe, Gus wanted to change cooks when the high grade stuff from W/J hit the streets. Anyway, I was skeptical when BCS started, but now I feel almost like BB before the last season...wack.

The appearance of Neal is confusing. I thought he was found as a replacement for Walt/Jessie as a cook, but looks like he may have been the first cook. Maybe, Gus wanted to change cooks when the high grade stuff from W/J hit the streets. Anyway, I was skeptical when BCS started, but now I feel almost like BB before the last season...wack.

I think you mean Gale not Neal. When Gus brought Gale in as Walt's assistant, it was clear Gus had an existing relationship with Gale. That is why Walt didn't want him. He was afraid that if Gale learned his technique too well, Gus could do away with him (Walt). Walt insisted on Jesse even though Jesse is a screwup compared to Gale.

Reactions: 92Pony
Gale was grown for this job. They mentioned at one point that Gus funded the scholarship that paid for Gale's education (IIRC). He made Gale a chemist for the purpose of helping Gus get out from under the cartel.

Reactions: wentzel25
Thanks for clearing that up fellow BB fans. I remember during an early episode when Walt went on a ride along with Hank he saw Jesse escaping out a window. Had no idea how great the show would become. BCS is tracking the same.

Reactions: 92Pony
Thanks for clearing that up fellow BB fans. I remember during an early episode when Walt went on a ride along with Hank he saw Jesse escaping out a window. Had no idea how great the show would become. BCS is tracking the same.

My wife likes BCS better than BB. In BCS there are several people who are good people. Even Jimmy (Saul) tries at the start to be good, although circumstances make that hard. In BB eventually everyone is a bad guy. Walt kills lots, his wife launders money, everyone does bad stuff. In BCS, Kim is a good person. Several others are too. It makes the conflicts more interesting.

Jesse mentions in bb that he'd used Saul before. "You don't want a criminal lawyer, you want a criminal lawyer." So there's potential we see him. Walter, no, though.

HERE BE SPOILERS!!!

I hated to see Mike transition from ex-cop looking for some action to just plain dirty ex-cop. That's the point where he sold his soul. And Gus asked if he was sure he wanted to "take care of it."
I think Mike is also savvy enough to recognize that if he didn't do it, he'd never fully earn Fring's trust, and as such, Gus might one day decide he knew too much and couldn't be fully trusted.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
SOA was particularly hard for me since some of the drama started to feel REALLY contrived, especially around season 5.. I didn't get to far beyond Gemma helping Tara with the dishes.
SOA really jumped the shark for me after season 5 as well. I remember an interview with Sutter where he mentioned the show was only supposed to originally last 5 seasons, but FX offered him too much money to decline making it longer.
It was almost comical how in one episode they'd killed off almost everyone then there are a flood of transfers and recruits just to have more characters. Lol, and we were supposed to care about these new members.

Reactions: TheReelEss
I just watched the season finale on DVR. It's funny, I've seen this thread title for almost a week and skipped over it without even realizing it was about BCS. Then, I watched the episode tonight, heard the last line, and suddenly the realization hit me.

It's a great series. I may like it better than Breaking Bad. But the long hiatus between each season is hurting it, in my opinion. These actors are starting to show their age and it's getting harder for me to picture them in a prequel as younger than their characters in Breaking Bad.

Reactions: tl from little hell
I just watched the season finale on DVR. It's funny, I've seen this thread title for almost a week and skipped over it without even realizing it was about BCS. Then, I watched the episode tonight, heard the last line, and suddenly the realization hit me.

It's a great series. I may like it better than Breaking Bad. But the long hiatus between each season is hurting it, in my opinion. These actors are starting to show their age and it's getting harder for me to picture them in a prequel as younger than their characters in Breaking Bad.
Unfortunately AMC likes to do that with all of their good shows - the ones that I watch anyway. BCS disappears for eons, and then just when I've forgotten about it, I luck up and see a promo for the upcoming season.
The Walking Dead and Fear The Walking Dead are worse with both between season and mid-season breaks.
Luckily I missed BB during its first run or I might have gone crazy - lol! I binged the whole thing over a couple of weeks' time.

My wife and I are huge Saul fans. Going to be a long year waiting on next season. Luckily Ray Donovan new season starts soon- another favorite.

If you're going to be wandering around the desert waiting for the next season of Saul, may I suggest Fargo? I have greatly enjoyed this series. It's similar, but each season stands alone. There are some tie-ins, but they don't affect the plot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT