ADVERTISEMENT

OT: “What If” Moment in Sports Movies

What if Amanda Whirlizer's arm never got hurt and she pitched the entire game against the Yankees.

Reactions: Carolina4
“What if” Rick Vaughn doesn’t pound Roger Dorn’s wife? Does Dorn still come out playing like he’s 5 years younger? Do the Indians beat the Yankees?
BlackPastEmu-max-1mb.gif

Last edited:
“What if” the Indians don’t trade Jack Parkman? Do they still turn their season around? Do the White Sox make the playoffs? Does the shimmy still drive the women in Cleveland wild?
FakeFlusteredAzurewingedmagpie-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
“What if” Benny misses Smalls’ glove? Does Smalls ever come back to the sandlot? Do they lose the Babe Ruth signed baseball?
bennythrow.gif

What if Charlie Liebrandt didn't hang that change up to Kirby Puckett in game 6 of the 91 world series

& Boobie Miles never hurt his knee in friday night lights, that could have saved us seasons of a sitcom spin off.
What if they had called Gant safe at first in game 2 instead of letting Hrbeck PUSH him off the bag. Cheating ba$tard.

“What if” Ernie McCracken (didn’t he tell us to call him Big Ern?) doesn’t Bowl 3 straight strikes to win the Odor Eaters $1 million prize? Does Roy still sign a deal with Trojan Condoms? Is Ishmael welcomed back to his family? Does Claudia stop being such a whore?
I7Hymis.gif

“What if” Sister Encarnacion doesn’t show up with the orphans to Nacho’s match with Ramses? Does he still become the beesssssst?
giphy.gif

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
Cannot believe nobody has mentioned caddy shack in this thread..
Disappointed...

It’s crossed my mind. Here goes...

If Carl doesn’t tell him he doesn’t believe the heavy stuff is going to come for quite awhile...does the Bishop still get struck by lightning?
1jbf8y.gif

If Noonan misses the putt on 18, did we all have to waste 2 hours of our lives watching Caddyshack 2?
0CcwZ7.gif

What if Bobby the batboy hadn't made his own bat to be available when Roy Hobbs broke Wonderboy?

Or, what if Roy Hobbs had broken Wonderboy by banging it against a toilet in frustration before he proved his ability to Pop Fisher?

What if Kim Bassinger had been a better shot???

Reactions: uscclassof74
What if Mike McDermott had actually behaved like a professional poker player at the beginning of the movie? Instead, we got: "Hey, since I made 1 successful bluff on the great Johnny Chan, I think I'll risk financial ruin by playing for my entire bankroll in one sitting. If I lose, I guess I'll become a delivery boy."

What if Mike McDermott had actually behaved like a professional poker player at the beginning of the movie? Instead, we got: "Hey, since I made 1 successful bluff on the great Johnny Chan, I think I'll risk financial ruin by playing for my entire bankroll in one sitting. If I lose, I guess I'll become a delivery boy."

Or what if Worm just did like he was told? No showdown with KGB...doesn’t discover his tell...movie ends uneventfully.

Saw Peter Burns (SEC Network) reply to this question and it got me thinking of some other answers.

His was “what if” Roy McAvoy lays up on 72nd hole of US Open in Tin Cup? That’s a great one.

What others are there?

1. What if the Hansen Brothers had played an entire season?
2. What if Paul Crew hadn't scored on 4th and 1?
3. What if Ricky Vaughn hadn't gotten glasses?
4. What if Rudy had gotten pummeled on the kickoff?
5. What if Roy Hobbs strikes out? ( the first ending)
And Finally

What if Fred McMurray hadn't invented Flubber?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT