ADVERTISEMENT

OT: 11 Bitcoin ETFs Approved by SEC.

Ward Jr

Nov 7, 2021
Cockshut Lane
Price is already over 100% from when it was posted a few months ago.

SEC expedited start of trading date to tomorrow.

Bloomberg expecting $4 Billion in purchase volume on the first day.

Things could get very interesting over the next few years.

ETH ETF is up next --- probably this year too.

It still boggles my mind people buy Bitcoin.

It's the best performing asset of all assets since inception.

Check the value of the dollar over time.

Check the fact we're paying almost $1 Trillion a month in debt service because of currency manipulation and overspending by corrupt politicians.

Check the fines banks rake in every year and the penalties they receive from illegal activity directed at consumers.

The message you're getting on mainstream media about Bitcoin is as accurate as their political takes.

Why? Because they want to protect the corrupt legacy banking system which pays their salaries.

Do you believe Blackrock and all the other big players jumped in on a farce?

And they were late and had to pay a big premium...something they typically would never do.

We got the internet 30 years ago. Now we have the currency of the internet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cybercock
It's the best performing asset of all assets since inception.

Check the value of the dollar over time.

Check the fact we're paying almost $1 Trillion a month in debt service because of currency manipulation and overspending by corrupt politicians.

Check the fines banks rake in every year and the penalties they receive from illegal activity directed at consumers.

The message you're getting on mainstream media about Bitcoin is as accurate as their political takes.

Why? Because they want to protect the corrupt legacy banking system which pays their salaries.

Do you believe Blackrock and all the other big players jumped in on a farce?

And they were late and had to pay a big premium...something they typically would never do.

We got the internet 30 years ago. Now we have the currency of the internet.
Enron was a very well performing asset at one time too. Others being willing to make money on a scam doesn’t give it credibility. That’s a faulty way to judge the merit of something.

There is nothing intrinsically valuable about Bitcoin other than someone is willing to buy it.

Enron was a very well performing asset at one time too. Others being willing to make money on a scam doesn’t give it credibility. That’s a faulty way to judge the merit of something.

There is nothing intrinsically valuable about Bitcoin other than someone is willing to buy it.

You haven't researched it much. There are Bitcoin mining operations across the globe that are net bigger than the continent of Iceland. The one in Texas alone is massive.

Here's your time value of the dollar. Does this look healthy or in your best interest?
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/an...e-dollar-today-worth-more-dollar-tomorrow.asp

You haven't researched it much. There are Bitcoin mining operations across the globe that are net bigger than the continent of Iceland. The one in Texas alone is massive.

Here's your time value of the dollar. Does this look healthy or in your best interest?
https://www.investopedia.com/ask/an...e-dollar-today-worth-more-dollar-tomorrow.asp

Oh I just realized who I was responding to but your Bitcoin opinions make sense coming from your other nonsensical positions.

Oh I just realized who I was responding to but your Bitcoin opinions make sense coming from your other nonsensical positions.

Clearly you know more than Blackrock, Vanguard, Fidelity, Van Eck, etc.

Keep focusing on what's really important....Trolling Beamer until there is a regime change.

Price is already over 100% from when it was posted a few months ago.

SEC expedited start of trading date to tomorrow.

Bloomberg expecting $4 Billion in purchase volume on the first day.

Things could get very interesting over the next few years.

ETH ETF is up next --- probably this year too.

Interesting indeed, but at my 70+ years of age I’m content with my JEPI and JEPQ ETF holdings returning ~ 10% annually with monthly dividend payments.

Reactions: Ward Jr
Interesting indeed, but at my 70+ years of age I’m content with my JEPI and JEPQ ETF holdings returning ~ 10% annually with monthly dividend payments.

Below is the rub. JEPI has quality returns until you extract inflation and QE Dollar depreciation which are the underlying factors which have driven returns since 2008. The FED is likely going to cut rates at the next FOMC and place the money printer in overdrive heading into the election. These are the things money managers fail to mention when they are showing you how well your portfolio performed.

Bitcoin is a hedge against these shenanigans and was born out of the 2008 debacle. It's at least Gold 2.0 and possibly far more. For most, placing 1-5% of your portfolio is an asymmetrical and logical hedge against all of the manipulation from the FED and Wall Street Investment Firms.

We'll see how it shakes out but I would expect BTC to be above $250K within two years. You now have the biggest fund managers in the world will be in heavy competition marketing a single product as the future of money. The Super Bowl Ads alone should be outstanding.

Last edited:
One additional note about the "banks" where you park your money.

When you give your money to a bank to hold in checking/savings, you are lending that money to the bank. The bank then turns around and leverages the money you've lent to buy securities (T-bills, etc) and a typical ratio of 10:1. They are very over-collaterized. And unlike yesteryear, today's bank is not holding much cash on hand. If you go in and request to withdrawal even $25K in cash, it very well could be an issue for them to produce.

If you look at what happened last year with bank failures, there were runs targeted at specific banks due to short selling pressure combined with social contagion. This was set in motion by thoroughly corrupt Senator Elizabeth Warren who hasn't had a single one of her bills passed in Congress in her 12+ years of taking up space. She organized with hedge fund shorter sellers to target banks which were also crypto-friendly. These weren't small banks either. The Silicon Valley Banks were very large.

Warren now has egg on her face again from the ETF approvals, but my point it that the idea that today's banks are safe and will protect your funds indefinitely is a fallacy. Hedges and non-traditional planning are now required. The FED wants to move everyone to the digital dollar soon. What better way to do this than to erode trust in the legacy banking system as a whole? Eyes wide open.

Last edited:

I wouldn't trust Ward's opinion on needing to drink water in a 120-degree desert after 24 hours. His nutty conspiracies and theories are so stupid they aren't worth thinking about.

That said,

Some people chase the "next great" investment, etc. It's a habit. It's a lifestyle. If they prefer to spend their time (I call it a waste of time) that is fine. I avoid these folks. They show up at parties and family events and bore the hell out of everyone. Most people avoid them and even when they don't, talk about them behind their backs.

Thankfully, I have not ever needed to chase those type of things. I've done extremely well being patient, and methodical and moderate when it comes to investing and diversification.

As Clark Howard often says, slow and steady almost always wins the race.

Except, I don't consider it a race. There will always be someone pushing something. There will always be someone nearby that knows how to do it better. There will always be someone that makes more- and it doesn't mean they are wrong. But they might not be right either.

I prefer steady Eddie because it allows me to do pretty much everything I've ever wanted and have more than I ever thought I'd have without concern or even requiring my time to divert from what I prefer to spend my time doing- and that's almost never thinking about my personal investments, strategy, or money. It's worked very well for me. It's allowed me the freedom to work for fun now sitting lakefront, and not because I have to do so.

Reactions: uscwatson21
I wouldn't trust Ward's opinion on needing to drink water in a 120-degree desert after 24 hours. His nutty conspiracies and theories are so stupid they aren't worth thinking about.

That said,

Some people chase the "next great" investment, etc. It's a habit. It's a lifestyle. If they prefer to spend their time (I call it a waste of time) that is fine. I avoid these folks. They show up at parties and family events and bore the hell out of everyone. Most people avoid them and even when they don't, talk about them behind their backs.

Thankfully, I have not ever needed to chase those type of things. I've done extremely well being patient, and methodical and moderate when it comes to investing and diversification.

Except, I don't consider it a race. There will always be someone pushing something. There will always be someone nearby that knows how to do it better. There will always be someone that makes more- and it doesn't mean they are wrong. But they might not be right either.

I prefer steady Eddie because it allows me to do pretty much everything I've ever wanted and have more than I ever thought I'd have without concern or even requiring my time to divert from what I prefer to spend my time doing- and that's almost never thinking about my personal investments, strategy, or money. It's worked very well for me. It's allowed me the freedom to work for fun now sitting lakefront, and not because I have to do so.

This is why you're DeeDave. It's not chasing the next thing. The next thing has been around for over a decade and was busy being the best performing asset in the world while you're been in buried in the grind. Everyday Gomers who think the money managers on their street corner have their back are always last movers when it comes to intelligent investing. The Investment Bankers and VCs have their day and then invite the masses for clean up. Bitcoin is original in that it doesn't allow them to do that.

If you want to work 80% of the hours you're awake in this lifetime, definitely go with the Clark Howard approach. I've been retired since I was in my mid-30s because of not listening to guys like Clark Howard.

Also, I don't hold alot of Bitcoin. I'm more interested in the oracle infrastructure of the new financial system along with AI. But you won't be interested in that for another decade.

Last edited:

That said,

Same here — been dollar-cost average investing for 55 years now. Enjoying retirement w/o having to worry about the next big thing investment.

Reactions: uscwatson21
My goodness,,,,nothing wrong with investing in crypto. I have done it. I'm not going to take the time and do the math. But I KNOW I'm using "house money", meaning I'm way in the green in the years I have invested in that sector.. I used to regulate the selling of investment instruments (stocks, bonds, mutual funds, etc.) in the state. But, it was many, many years ago and I'm now retired. The only thing I would advise people is to not invest a whole lot in that sector. Make it a very small percentage of your portfolio. You can leave it in and see if bitcoin reaches the moon like some have said it would. Or you can do what I've done and that is take profits (I did that yesterday morning in 3 of the 5 crypto stocks I own) and used those profits to buy stocks in a NON-crypto sector this morning. I read last week, on an investment site I am on, a member say he was going to put 10-20% of his portfolio in that sector. I would not do that, but that's me. I will just end by saying that I know little and claim less.

Let me just add that I don't trade a lot. My head would explode if I did. But I wanted to just take profits after bitcoin etfs were approved. I would never hold crypto long-term. Just know when you plan to sell.

Last edited:

That said,

How in the world is Bitcoin a conspiracy theory? It's run to this point has been incredible. The SEC doesn't issue ETFs to "the next best thing." Just look at the firms invovled and that tells you and you need to know. You're local broker will be calling you soon to discuss.

In addition, haven't conspiracy theorists been right about many things over the past few years? It's almost as if they are fortune tellers.

Last edited:
How in the world is Bitcoin a conspiracy theory? It's run to this point has been incredible.

Haven't conspiracy theorists been right about many things over the past few years? It's almost as if they are fortune tellers.

It’s just an unregulated Ponzi scheme. Eventually someone is going to get caught holding the hot potato because there is no actual value in Bitcoin.

This is why you're DeeDave. It's not chasing the next thing. The next thing has been around for over a decade and was busy being the best performing asset in the world while you're been in buried in the grind. Everyday Gomers who think the money managers on their street corner have their back are always last movers when it comes to intelligent investing. The Investment Bankers and VCs have their day and then invite the masses for clean up. Bitcoin is original in that it doesn't allow them to do that.

If you want to work 80% of the hours you're awake in this lifetime, definitely go with the Clark Howard approach. I've been retired since I was in my mid-30s because of not listening to guys like Clark Howard.

Also, I don't hold alot of Bitcoin. I'm more interested in the oracle infrastructure of the new financial system along with AI. But you won't be interested in that for another decade.
1000%. Follow the liquidity leader trends before the masses arrive. I wish I had known this in my earlier years. The issue was that the internet wasn't in full bloom so you did have to rely on the street corner guys. To his credit, Clinton cleared that up with the avent of ETFs which the public could buy directly.

It’s just an unregulated Ponzi scheme. Eventually someone is going to get caught holding the hot potato because there is no actual value in Bitcoin.
What? Comeon man. You're listening to too much mainstream BS. They hate Bitcoin because they can't control it. Warren Buffet doesn't like Bitcoin. He also said he didn't like Amazon and never invested in that either. That's about the only big name investor I can think of that isn't touting the technology.

It's been the shining star of investments for over 10 years if you simply hold it. Countries are now considering putting a portion of their reserves in BTC. Several already have. There's only 21 million in the world. That's less than the number of millionaires in the world. Easy math.

Sure it is.

Anyone that thinks "money managers" are looking out for them are idiots. I am sorry you know people like that. Must suck.

I typically work from 9am until about 1pm each day, 3 days a week. But I do what I love, so it's never felt like work. (I'd do it for free if I wasn't paid good money for my services). I never work Fridays except on extremely rare occasions for a few special customers that are on the West Coast and I always turn that into a long weekend in Arizona or California and my wife goes with me - and I slow down even more in the Summer because I'm on the lake all the time.

but the best thing of all is, I don't waste a second of my time worried about investment strategies, Bitcoin news, or what bankers are doing or thinking like you do.

1000%. Follow the liquidity leader trends before the masses arrive. I wish I had known this in my earlier years. The issue was that the internet wasn't in full bloom so you did have to rely on the street corner guys. To his credit, Clinton cleared that up with the avent of ETFs which the public could buy directly.

I've never chased anything. Never worried about getting in on anything at the start- and I've never needed to or regretted it.

I've done well enough- more than well enough. It's not hard. It never was.

I started putting money away when I was 15. I was working 2 jobs when I was in 10th grade. I was lucky in that I was a saver from the start. I saved up almost $60,000 by the time I graduated high school just doing a bunch of crappy jobs around my small town. Then I worked through college. I never "looked" for a job after college because I had one.

I save a lot and I made a few smart, steady, investments and forgot about it. Would review my investments a few times a year and sat back and let it roll. Never spent more than a hour or so a year on it. Hated to spend that much time on it. In fact, I detested it.

Now, I work what is part time hours for fun for more money for a few dozen clients that have taken care of me for years to the point where I haven't needed to work for a long time. Now, it's just fun.

Worrying about or even being concerned about getting in on something "before the masses arrive" is just not something I care about - or needed to care about.

I am not the typical joe though- for sure.

Anyone that thinks "money managers" are looking out for them are idiots. I am sorry you know people like that. Must suck.
That’s the sad part about people like Ward. They don’t realize the money managers are exploiting them to make money.

They don’t actually believe in the product.

But at the same time he probably watched Wolf of Wall Street and loved Jordan Belfort. His logic is so disconnected from reality or consistency.

That’s the sad part about people like Ward. They don’t realize the money managers are exploiting them to make money.

They don’t actually believe in the product.

But at the same time he probably watched Wolf of Wall Street and loved Jordan Belfort. His logic is so disconnected from reality or consistency.

Ha. How did I get connected to money managers? I've never dealt with them in my life.

Just for the record, I'm not against financial advisors for those who don't understand finance.

It's typically better to be in the market as an inflation hedge than not.

Just make sure you're not getting crushed with hidden and ridiculous fees that they don't have to disclose unless you press them on it.

I've seen Edward Jones portfolios that should have been worth triple what they were in under a decade of time because of needless tucked fees and churning.

Same with Wells and all of the other retail vultures.

They'll hang their hat on some anomaly fund which happened to outperform SPY for a year and use it as their selling point.

What they don't tell you is how it all nets out.

This is why outfits like EJ and others did everything in their power to kill minimal-fee ETFs in the 90s via the court system.

Blackrock CEO Fink talking future.

Almost every asset will be tokenized - stocks, bonds, real estate, etc.

ETH ETF is next.

All of the big hands demonized Bitcoin and crypto pubically while they filled their bags behind the scene.

For sure. Warren Buffet still is publicly trashing it. What he doesn't mention is that he holds huge interests in Central America Banks who have huge supplies of Bitcoin.

He's a heartless shark just like the rest of them. That's the investment game. In their mind at least, it's not personal.

Is there anything intrinsically valuable about the dollar?

The United States government.
The United States government has been manipulating their currency badly for over a decade now. This is one of the reasons why Bitcoin has caught such traction. Countries are also bailing on the US Dollar. Just this week another 10 joined BRICS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT