ADVERTISEMENT

OT:50 dead in Vegas Shooting

This kind of statement blows my mind. I'm 40 and was born into a white lower middle class family. Because of district lines, I went to good schools and was surrounded by other white middle class kids. I never tried in school and coasted into college. Family couldn't afford to put me through school, so I received student loans. I continued to not try all that hard and graduated with a C average. After college, I've had three jobs and have never been turned down after a job interview (also of note is that I have never been interviewed by a minority for a job). I do pretty well now and live quite comfortably. I'd be a fool to presume that being white and having some privilege didn't help in some of the aforementioned points.

Woe is me, the poor white guy who "doesn't count as much as other races" apparently. Give me a f'ing break man.

lolz

Not trying to convince you of anything...There is much more out there..If you have any intellectual curiosity go get it...

You need to be more discerning in your sources of news. You fell for lies and then shared them with everyone in this thread.

After Las Vegas Shooting, Fake News Regains Its Megaphone - The New York Times

https://nyti.ms/2yELfIS

This is just awful to hear about. I know the controlled mass media & gun grabbing communists will be playing this up for all they can. Get ready to hear the same old tired lies. I'm assuming since it was a country music concert that the victims were white.

They were Americans, fathers, mothers, brothers sisters, husbands, wives, they were people...

Remembering the victims of the Las Vegas massacre

Do something similar to what Australia did in the late 90s. Guns are still available for sportsmen and those in rural areas. They offered a buy back program or something similar.

I know it wouldn't be perfect and the risk will always be there because even if we went cold turkey today and had a constitutional amendment change, we would still have working guns for several centuries. But you've got to start somewhere.

I'd be ok with a compromise. People keep their guns for personal protection but get rid of anything automatic, semi-automatic, etc. In my mind, those are meant to do just one thing outside of the military.

And I get those who love the second amendment and their guns. I trust our military to never turn on the citizens of the country. We will not need to take up arms to fight a tyrannical government. And even if we did, that tyrannical government has ships, planes, huge bombs and nuclear weapons.

It will not be easy, but to me doing nothing is tacitly admitting that we are ok having these mass killings over and over in this country. I'm not ok with that.
This is my thought about the gun violence problem we have in America. This country could be turned around immediately if anyone found to have used a firearm in the commission of any crime, even if the weapon isn't fired but merely possessed, received a 20 years to life sentence. The Congress could enact that tomorrow and it could be law next week. It would eradicate the problem of illegal gun use to a greater extent than any other remedy and would not violate the Constitution or the rights of law-abiding citizens. It would not stop every single mass killing because they are apt to happen anyplace in the world if assailants are sufficiently motivated, but such legislative action would dramatically reduce the widespread felonious violent crime in this country.

This is my thought about the gun violence problem we have in America. This country could be turned around immediately if anyone found to have used a firearm in the commission of any crime, even if the weapon isn't fired but merely possessed, received a 20 years to life sentence. The Congress could enact that tomorrow and it could be law next week. It would eradicate the problem of illegal gun use to a greater extent than any other remedy and would not violate the Constitution or the rights of law-abiding citizens. It would not stop every single mass killing because they are apt to happen anyplace in the world if assailants are sufficiently motivated, but such legislative action would dramatically reduce the widespread felonious violent crime in this country.
"Of any crime"

Lol. Great idea, especially given the fact that speeding and other traffic offenses are considered criminal violations under South Carolina law.

"Of any crime"

Lol. Great idea, especially given the fact that speeding and other traffic offenses are considered criminal violations under South Carolina law.
Certainly you understand that the law would apply to cases where the firearm is part of the actual commission of the crime. I don't think that stipulation could reasonably be applied to speeding.

Certainly you understand that the law would apply to cases where the firearm is part of the actual commission of the crime. I don't think that stipulation could reasonably be applied to speeding.
"Merely possessed"

While used to facilitate the crime, as in brandished but not fired.
Ah. Yes, pointing and/or presenting is a crime in SC. So, what you are trying to say is, you would require a mandatory 20 year sentence for pointing and/or presenting.

Damn right! and words too! People get hurt more these days by speech, then again no one speaks anymore other than text and social media though.
I know, right? People are easily offended these days. There is a large contingent of people offended by other people exercising their right to peaceful protest. Never thought I'd see anything like it in America...

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
Omg, I forgot theres no reasoning with dc99. When peaceful protesting involves disrespecting the flag of the Country you live in, its no longer a peaceful protest.
Lol, you are free to be offended by peaceful protests, although it is a highly hypocritical stance given your comments above. Your hypocrisy has absolutely nothing to do with "dc99".

Carry on.

Ah. Yes, pointing and/or presenting is a crime in SC. So, what you are trying to say is, you would require a mandatory 20 year sentence for pointing and/or presenting.
I'm not trying to say anything; I'm saying it. Instead of criminalizing law-abiding citizens who have never harmed anyone, focus on sure and harsh punishment of people who are using guns to commit crimes.

I'm not trying to say anything; I'm saying it. Instead of criminalizing law-abiding citizens who have never harmed anyone, focus on sure and harsh punishment of people who are using guns to commit crimes.
You said; "This country could be turned around immediately if anyone found to have used a firearm in the commission of any crime, even if the weapon isn't fired but merely possessed, received a 20 years to life sentence"

Tougher sentences for gun crimes will stop mass shootings? Interesting. Would tougher sentences have stopped the Vegas shooter?

Reactions: Combahee Cock
We should just round up, torture then kill the immediately family of anybody who commits deadly gun crimes. Guns don't kill people. People who have guns and don't fear the death of their loved ones kill people.

Reactions: DC-99
This kind of statement blows my mind. I'm 40 and was born into a white lower middle class family. Because of district lines, I went to good schools and was surrounded by other white middle class kids. I never tried in school and coasted into college. Family couldn't afford to put me through school, so I received student loans. I continued to not try all that hard and graduated with a C average. After college, I've had three jobs and have never been turned down after a job interview (also of note is that I have never been interviewed by a minority for a job). I do pretty well now and live quite comfortably. I'd be a fool to presume that being white and having some privilege didn't help in some of the aforementioned points.

Woe is me, the poor white guy who "doesn't count as much as other races" apparently. Give me a f'ing break man.
I am Black and never got turned down after a job interview by Whites..I have been interviewed by Blacks and got that job as well...It might have more to do with presentation and communication skills once you get past the qualifications... It is not nearly as race driven as some would have you believe...The way some of these young folks present themselves is just silly and embarrassing..That goes for all races

No need to worry any longer...The geniuses in Congress have it all figured out..They are introducing legislation to ban the 'bump stop'...Gun law #55 is going to do what the first 54 didn't do...Those idiots have no idea how easy it is the manufacture a bump stop in your garage...It can be done in less than 15 minutes with the right tools...

The solution to every problem is we need fewer rights, higher taxes and more regulation...At some point ther idiot communist loons might figure out you can't legislate evil and insanity out of any society...I look forward to the day when some murderous sociopath or psychopath changes his mind because congress passed a new law

Reactions: GC2020 and 92Pony
c8ca323b9097e5a48f618c3b08cb5edfed09fa413f2856dd83aaa296df71752c.jpg

You said; "This country could be turned around immediately if anyone found to have used a firearm in the commission of any crime, even if the weapon isn't fired but merely possessed, received a 20 years to life sentence"

Tougher sentences for gun crimes will stop mass shootings? Interesting. Would tougher sentences have stopped the Vegas shooter?
Possibly not this particular shooter. Accordingly, bans should be adopted regarding particular kinds of equipment that facilitate such attacks. It's being talked about right now, as you know. People in both major parties are coming on board.

There are going to be atrocities carried out by people with particular mental pathologies. Their actions garner great attention, but they represent only a minuscule percentage of murders. Those people will get what they need. Some of them will also use bombs, planes, trucks, poisoned Tylenol, even knives.

But what I've outlined will greatly reduce the daily carnage going on in this country without infringing upon the recognized constitutional rights of ordinary law-abiding citizens. And we could have it in a matter of weeks since it doesn't require a Constitutional amendment. And its effects would be both dramatic and immediate.

Last edited:
Reactions: lawcalcock
Probably not. There are going to be atrocities carried out by people with particular mental pathologies. They will get what they need. They'll use bombs, planes, trucks, poisoned Tylenol, even knives. But what I've outlined will greatly reduce the daily carnage going on in this country without infringing upon the recognized constitutional rights of ordinary law-abiding citizens. And we could have it in a matter of weeks since it doesn't require a Constitutional amendment. And its effects would be dramatic.
When people stopped being so damned scared and fearful of EVERYTHING, we will reduce the amount of gun violence in this country. Everywhere you look you are told to fear this, avoid that, this thing is trying to stop you from doing that thing, the impending tyrannical whatever is about to tyranny all over your ass. Fear is probably the #1 problem in American right now, and it's funny. We have never been a safer and more prosperous place.

When people stopped being so damned scared and fearful of EVERYTHING, we will reduce the amount of gun violence in this country. Everywhere you look you are told to fear this, avoid that, this thing is trying to stop you from doing that thing, the impending tyrannical whatever is about to tyranny all over your ass. Fear is probably the #1 problem in American right now, and it's funny. We have never been a safer and more prosperous place.
Some people exploit situations to advance an agenda, but that's no reason not to take on actual law-breakers.

You mean like exploit fear to advance the agenda of selling guns?

No agenda is needed to advance selling guns...there is always motivation to buy...Personal protection, work requirement, hunting, competitive shooting, or just collecting...Very few people buy guns with murder in mind...When a mind is committed to murder any weapon will do...I don't read that Cain used a gun to murder Abel

No agenda is needed to advance selling guns...there is always motivation to buy...Personal protection, work requirement, hunting, competitive shooting, or just collecting...Very few people buy guns with murder in mind...When a mind is committed to murder any weapon will do...I don't read that Cain used a gun to murder Abel
If you don't think the gun lobby exploits fear to advance it's personal interest to have power and money, then I don't know what to tell you. Wayne Lapierre doesn't give a damn about tyranny. A rag tag bunch of morons with bump stocks are not defeating the U.S. Military in any fight. That said, I have a Glock and a CCW permit for personal protection and also the enjoyment of target shooting.

Yeah, that'll stop suicidal killers like the Vegas one. Good job!

The issue is guns that can be used to kill a lot of people quickly. Not hand guns or knives or rocks. Please....

Reactions: ExpatCarolinian
If you don't think the gun lobby exploits fear to advance it's personal interest to have power and money, then I don't know what to tell you. Wayne Lapierre doesn't give a damn about tyranny. A rag tag bunch of morons with bump stocks are not defeating the U.S. Military in any fight. That said, I have a Glock and a CCW permit for personal protection and also the enjoyment of target shooting.
Sulayman please...It's not a fear agenda...It's common sense...If a radical leftist loon like Obama gets elected, gun sales will jump sharply...If you import pseudo refugees from war torn terror hotspots, gun sales will sky rocket...If another Democrat loon like Bernie or Bloomberg gets elected gun sales will sky rocket

Sulayman please...It's not a fear agenda...It's common sense...If a radical leftist loon like Obama gets elected, gun sales will jump sharply...If you import pseudo refugees from war torn terror hotspots, gun sales will sky rocket...If another Democrat loon like Bernie or Bloomberg gets elected gun sales will sky rocket
The agenda is power and money. Fear is a tool. You basically proved my point with your post. Thank you, and have a nice day.

The issue is guns that can be used to kill a lot of people quickly. Not hand guns or knives or rocks. Please....

So can gas/fertilizer, chemical weapons, trucks, cars, plastic explosives, Planned Parenthood and late night TV comedians...Banning guns wont stop a single mass murderer from striking...

If anybody thinks the sale of bump stocks and silencers is happening to help defeat tyranny, they are a fool. Now, you'll notice that I have not actually argued for outlawing anything in this thread. I've simply argued against mouth breathing, fear-based gun culture that is running rampant in America. It's disgusting to me, and I love to shoot guns.

So can gas/fertilizer, chemical weapons, trucks, cars, plastic explosives, Planned Parenthood and late night TV comedians...Banning guns wont stop a single mass murderer from striking...
The facts do not support your opinion. And I say this as a supporter of 2A... its people with a mindset like yours that will cause problems for 2A supporters. Standing your ground and making the claims you have made in this thread, and others, will only fuel the fire of the group wanting to ban guns.

http://www.factcheck.org/2017/10/gun-control-australia-updated/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT