ADVERTISEMENT

OT: A Christmas Story: What was your favorite quote? (Since we don't have anything good to talk

04df4c1e1a86694059938c326a1a44c22c36c6-wm.jpg

Another one of my favorites is the quote below about the different brands of soaps, simply because I'm not sure they even make those brands now but I remember them well.

Narrator (Ralphie as an adult):
Over the years I got to be quite a connoisseur of soap. Though my personal preference was for Lux, I found that Palmolive had a nice, piquant after-dinner flavor - heavy, but with a touch of mellow smoothness. Lifebuoy, on the other hand... (Yechh!)

Last edited:
Reactions: OldBluJacketJr
A Christmas Story is probably my very favorite Christmas movie of all time, simply because so much of it I can relate to on a personal level. The movie takes place in the 40s and I was born in 45 but I don't remember my first Christmas to probably around 1950. And in those days very little changed in a few years.

Last edited:
Here is two of my dad's funniest sayings

"that bitch was so ugly, she made a freight train take a dirt road"

to my grandma's pineapple upside down cake cooked in a skillet, he said,

"damn that cake is so good, it'd make a tadpole slap a whale"

Never heard of the one about the tadpole but it is funny.

Last edited:
When Raphie's dad tells him mom what he said while changing the tire- her reaction is perfect. That shocked scream is hilarious. She pulls that off like a pro.

Then when she calls the neighbor to tell her about the incident- her screaming and subsequent beatdown you can hear in the background always kills me.

Reactions: Johnnie Cockran
The lamp = is everything

There was a guy that worked for me 10 plus years ago and at Christmas we would draw names. Each person would state at least two or three items they would love to have. He wanted a replica of the lamp in the movie A Christmas Story and low and behold the person that drew his name got it for him. It wasn't as big as the one in the movie but it was very neat, nonetheless.

Last edited:
There was a guy that worked for me 10 plus years ago and at Christmas we would draw names. Each person would state at least two or three items they would love to have. He wanted a replica of the lamp in the movie A Christmas Story and low and behold the person that drew his name got it for him. It wasn't as big as the one in the movie but it was very neat, nonetheless.
Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT