ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Blink home security cameras

JDishnell

Oct 23, 2019
Anyone use these? Thoughts? Looking at putting a couple outside our home. I do not need any high-end security where we are, and I am not going to get into hard wiring security cameras. I only want to do some basic monitoring. These are battery operated so they can go pretty much anywhere.

Amazon reviews are not much help. One review will say they are total garbage with horrible resolution. The very next review will say they are fantastic with crystal clear HD resolution.

Wyze is another option.

I have the Arlo Pro 2 cameras and they work amazingly well. Very simple to use and extremely effective. I get 3 months out of them without charging.

I’ve had 3 Blinks for a couple of years and have been impressed with what they do for the price. Only complaint is the battery wears out quickly in a high traffic area. Also, depending on where you place them it might be possible to come in from the side and take them down without being videoed if someone was so inclined, but I’m not sure you can avoid that with any other similar product?

I am very happy with my Wyze cameras. I even have three mounted outside in housings that work great. 25 bucks a camera is hard to beat.
Glad to hear this. I've been looking at them on Amazon to go outside my camper in Bryson City. The thing that worried me was some of the reviews said not to use them outside and some said it was ok. It'll be under a shed so I think I'll give it a try.

If you want a long term reliable system just bite the bullet and have it done professionally. There are plenty of good local companies that do this type of work for homeowners. Statistically, most camera systems installed in homes are, contrary to popular opinion, done by the pros.

Security cameras are good, but they can't ensure the house's safety. I mean, a security camera can't do anything but register what happened, but the problem is that the robbers may be in the mask, so in such a situation, the cameras are useless. This is why I decided to hire a security company. Honestly, it wasn't easy to find a cool security company, but finally, I stumbled on this site https://www.ccsecurityservices.co.uk and found an awesome security company. We collaborate for the past three years, and once, they caught two robbers, that intended to rob my house.

Last edited:
I have 3 of the Blink Cameras outside and they work great.I would most definitely buy again.
Same here. My parents bought, I think, the 5 camera set this summer and were happy with them. I set up one at the front door, one on the back porch and one in the living room/facing the door. No problems of any sort so far.

I had a Blink in my truck for a couple of months. Got broken into prior to purchasing the camera. Both sets of problem kids moved out of neighborhood and nothing in almost 2 years regarding breakins..

But Blink gave me a clear pict of myself in the day time and a reasonable pict at night. Base was in my den, so about 75 ft away...

Anyone use these? Thoughts? Looking at putting a couple outside our home. I do not need any high-end security where we are, and I am not going to get into hard wiring security cameras. I only want to do some basic monitoring. These are battery operated so they can go pretty much anywhere.

Amazon reviews are not much help. One review will say they are total garbage with horrible resolution. The very next review will say they are fantastic with crystal clear HD resolution.

Wyze is another option.

I have blink cameras in two houses and love them. Do the job well, super easy to install and no wires. Good night vision and two way voice talk.

Security cameras are good, but they can't ensure the house's safety. I mean, a security camera can't do anything but register what happened, but the problem is that the robbers may be in the mask, so in such a situation, the cameras are useless. This is why I decided to hire a security company. Honestly, it wasn't easy to find a cool security company, but finally, I stumbled on this site https://www.ccsecurityservices.co.uk and found an awesome security company. We collaborate for the past three years, and once, they caught two robbers, that intended to rob my house.

Mods, wanna do something about this spambot?

Read some of the reviews...data getting sent to China. One user said he changed it to static ip and said camera changed its MAC address got new ip and started routing data overseas again...

Link please? "User reviews" online of course are not the most reliable spots for information.

Link please? "User reviews" online of course are not the most reliable spots for information.

Here are the review links on a Wyze camera on Amazon:

Review 1:

Review 2:

You can see the Wyze camera model over on the right side of the screen since these are direct links to individual reviews.

Hopes this helps...

Last edited:

Is my bank checking account and routing number all you would need to send me $10,000,000?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT