ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Charles Terreni (student that died)

nikolas22

Dec 2, 2013
Since we have been talking about the CU student going over the bridge, has any more information come out about Charles Terreni? I was just wondering if there was any talk of this being a hazing incident. I sure hope not. But why would someone drink so much. There had to be friends around that saw him drinking. Just wandering if any rumors were going around about this incident.

Originally posted by nikolas22:
Since we have been talking about the CU student going over the bridge, has any more information come out about Charles Terreni? I was just wondering if there was any talk of this being a hazing incident. I sure hope not. But why would someone drink so much. There had to be friends around that saw him drinking. Just wandering if any rumors were going around about this incident.
I think the coroner said it was alcohol poisoning reported a week or two back...

Gee...if you are talking about me trolling...you are way off base! I am a USC grad and have 2 sons that are USC grads. One was in a fraternity. I think the fraternity is no longer at Carolina...probably due to problems with it.

I know the article said he had 4 times what the alcohol level is for DUI. I am just wondering if anyone was with him and has shed any light on why he would have drunk so much. I am sure with his dad being a lawyer...every angle is being investigated. I am just hoping that he made a human mistake and it was not a case of hazing.

I just feel for these parents and I know I would want answers as to why my son died. In the Terreni case...it sounds like it could be from his own mistake...in the Hipps case...I strongly feel someone had something to do with his death.

I hope that Carolina will be a leader in trying to improve fraternity life in college. I feel that hazing has no value...and there should be a no toleration level for it.

This post was edited on 4/18 10:49 AM by nikolas22

Blood alcohol level was very very high. Front page news in The State a week or two back.

Right, Sclawman77. That is why I was wondering if anything was being said around campus, etc...that might give an indication about what might have happened. One statement was made that an average person...getting drunk...does not drink the amount of alcohol that was in this young man's system.

Certainly not trying to shed any bad light on this young man, his family, or the University. Just hoping that other young people can learn from these situations...to never get into them...

Well, anyone who drinks fast is taking a risk. It takes time for alcohol to be absorbed into the blood stream.A person who drinks fast can easily go over their limit before feeling the effects.This should never happen just social drinking, but you never know.

Friends of the family. I am guessing that he did not have that much experience with alcohol and was coerced into it by the fraternity. Very sad.

That is what I am afraid of...that it had something to do with being a member of a fraternity. Fellows 'encouraging' him to continue to drink...or his just drinking a lot to fit in with the group. It is hard to be young. My heart breaks for his parents.

Funny you should ask, Nik, but I had a visceral reaction when I saw

the young man's picture. I had been in New Orleans a couple/three days before he died and it was reported. While in a bar on Frenchmen Street, I ran into some Gamecock fans. One of them was a very nice, handsome young man who had a Gamecock hat on and talked to us a bit, lauded the Lady G's, chatted about sports in general.

He looked so much just like that picture in the paper. That was Spring Break week. I wonder if the young man who died had been to NO for SB. Just sad either way, but the picture really bothered me.

GOCOCKS!

Uhm....no....he was no newbie....drank too much....not hazing....leave it alone...kids should not drink liquor

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT