ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Financial Advice for a Twenty-Something

wdhancock

Aug 4, 2016
I’m 25. I have $1000 in savings, $2000 in my Roth IRA, no stocks (no stock knowledge either), and no investments. I have been putting aside money every month for a car (currently borrowing one from my grandparents) and have around $5000 thus far. My student loans are between $20,000- $30000. I graduated from USC with 2 business degrees and I’ll be going to seminary part time in the fall to become a pastor (I know, big change). I’ve read some things here and there, but I’d really like to hear the advice of my elders/people who know what they are doing financially. I want to make the right moves in my twenties so that I can reap the rewards later in my life.

Edit: I’ve been living with my parents for the last year, working a middle management job. However, recently God called me to full time ministry and I wanted to live in SC forever, but God had different plans so I’ve been applying for ministry positions all over. This means I’ll have to buy a car and start paying some sort housing expenses for the first time. Also, my dad has graciously offered to pay for my seminary so I don’t have that as an extra expense.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News