ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Former UK qb Lorenzen in ICU with serious health issues

The hefty lefty! I read that earlier today - hate to hear that. Hope he recovers quickly! He's too darn young for so many health problems.

He need to cut carbs out completely to have a chance. Saw him when he was in Canada. He was 350 pounds at least. Looked like a lineman out there. Actually liked him as a quarterback. Prayers to him and his family.

Reactions: atl-cock
I remember seeing a story about him on ESPN where he was working with doctors to get his weight under control. I think he had ballooned to well over 400 pounds. He always seemed like a good kid. Hate to see anyone go through this kind of thing.

Feel bad for the guy- hope he gets better, and can make sustainable lifestyle changes. No one deserves to be sick, whether it’s self-inflicted or not. Which by the way- we don’t know to be a fact in this instance. If I remember correctly, seems like he played QB at Kentucky at around 260. Guy obviously had lifelong weight issues. Get well, big fella.

Reactions: 92Pony
I'm thankful most folks don't express their unfiltered(?) thoughts as you do.

Well, on the one hand you feel bad b/c you never want to see anyone suffer/die. On the other hand, it's most likely his health issues are directly related to his overall condition. It's kind of like watching the show My 600 lb Life. It's hard to have sympathy for those folks when they put themselves in that position.

My hope is that he recovers and this is a wake-up call to get his health in order.

A lot of people seem to delay going to a doctor when they are hurting.

ha! Had a heel spur removed last August. Have been having some residual soreness/tightness ever since. Just went back to the doc yesterday.
At one time he outweighed 4 of his top 5 lineman. We probably will never see that again in our lifetime or at least in mine.

Reactions: howard13
Very sad . I always thought he was super fun to watch . Dude was super athletic guy for his size . Seemed like a great kid as well . Very sad

Awwh man. prayers to him and his family. A friend of mine met him once. Nice as he could be. Very disheartening to hear.

Biggest quarterback that I ever saw play in the SEC, and that includes Cam Newton

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT