ADVERTISEMENT

OT - Golden State Killer

Cocky kebo57

Aug 21, 2004
A hop and a skip from the Lake Murray dam
I am sure everyone saw the news break today that after 40 years of searching for the Golden State Killer, aka Eastside Rapist, aka Original Night Stalker, police in Sacramento arrested a 72 yr old former police officer named Joseph James DeAngelo for these crimes. This man is suspected of killing at least a dozen people, raping at least 45 women, and burglarizing a number of homes in CA back in the 70's and 80's. The police claim to now have his DNA evidence that links this guy to several of these crimes.

Assuming he is tried and found guilty, and considering his advanced age, I'm not sure how I feel that justice should be served in this case? Should they go for the death penalty on the fast track? No 20 yrs worth of appeals.... or, just go for life in prison which might only be a few years? Remember though, this is California we're talking about... they might just let him off scott free and even put him up in a nice, secluded location where he would be protected from potential revenge against him by family members of the victims. What do you all think?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...history/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.0daccbd4194c

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News